You're My Cup of Tea! 17

Mona Pendleton | Thursday, June 11, 2009 @ 11:33 PM | , ,

You're My Cup of Tea!

Hi Girls! TGIF! :) The first week back from vacation is always a drag! I am happy that the weekend is here, no big plans, just hanging out with my DH! :) I found the stamp "You're My Cup of Tea" in a scrapbook store while on vacation. I have been dying to use it & my DH knew I had been eyeballing various teapot stamps, so he took it upon himself & ordered the teapot stamp on the WWW that I used on this card. You can imagine how surprised I was when I opened that envelope! :) Woo Who!!!! It was sort of like winning the lottery! Not really, but still pretty exciting! Only a fellow stamper would understand! :) I made this card for my sister Tina. We solve the world's problems together, while sipping a cup of tea! This card is my entry for TWO challenges, the Mojo Monday #90 sketch & for KWerner's Color Inspiration Challenge #54. For color challenge #54, you are supposed to use Green Galore. I do not have any Green Galore paper, so I substituted Certainly Celery. If you have a chance, click on either blog to view many great works of inspiration. I hope you like it! Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog and browse. Please feel free to leave a comment! I always love to hear from you! :) Be Sweet! Until next time...

Ingredients Used:

Paper: SU Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, Taken With Teal, Soft Sky,Whisper White

Ink: SU Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, Taken With Teal, VersaMagic Sea Breeze

Stamps: SU Riveting, Impression Obsession My Cup of Tea, Stampendous Teapot Swirls

Sprinkles: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots EF, Spellbinders Scalloped Circles Nesties, EK Success 1 1/4" Circle & Flower punches, generic white embossing powder & brads, SU brads & silver cord

post signature


 Comments

17 Sweet Comments So Far:

KathyO said...

All I can say is WOW! Where did your DH find such an awesome teapot stamp. You are lucky to have someone to help you out! Keep him!

GabrielleH said...

Hey Mona, this is a reallllllllly cute card! Love your custom paper and oooooh, I love that teapot! They are so popular! I thought that the PTI teapot was nice but the one you used is way better! Once again you have the best design and use of colors! You are a stamping rock star!!!!

Julie said...

The cutest card ever! I gotta have that teapot stamp! Where did he find it? Helllllllp!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Hi Girls, Yeah my husband is a Keeper for sure! :) He found the stamp on someone's EBay store. This stamp is awesome because it is a good size & it is very versatile. You can decorate your pot anyway you choose being that it is only a solid outline image. It is made by Stampendous. I hope this helps. Have a great day! :) Hugs, Mona

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun card and what a thoughtful hubby! Fabulous job on the color combo!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kelly said...

This card is My cup of tea! Love it! You always do such a great job!

Yvonne Dalhammer said...

Awesome card, Mona! I gotta get my grubby little hands on that cute teapot stamp! I love the way you put it all together! Excellent!

BetsyK said...

Love your custom paper! You should sell that stuff! So amazing! One of your best ever!

Tumbleweed said...

Soooooo cute! Fabulous Teapot!

Mona Pendleton said...

Hi Girls! Thanks for the happy thoughts! :) Just curious, do any of you girls stamp your own DP? I love stamping my own 'cause I can make it color match & put my own touch to it. :) Have a great day! Thanks for leaving me some love! Hugs, Mona

Kitty said...

What a lucky person your sister is to get this card - it's beautiful!

Susan Mast said...

What?! No coffee!!! :)

Sue Hester said...

I really love this card! I've been looking for a good teapot stamp; most are just plain ugly. I love the one you used here. Now I must go and find one! Thanks for opening my eyes!
-Sue
PS: Love your Blog. Everything you do is so well designed and beautiful!

Angie Tieman said...

Oooh, this is so cute! Love the polka dot background and the pretty white teapot!

Chris said...

Great paper and awesome teapot! You tied all the elements together so very beautifully! Very cute!

Emma.H.Paulson said...

Stupendous Teapot! Great job! Cute, cute, cute!

Helen Watanabi said...

Really nice design! That is the nicest looking teapot I've seen. Give your DH a big hug for finding it! You worked it in so beautifully into your overall design. Excellent!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS