Torrey Pines State Park & Pastel Petals 25

Mona Pendleton | Tuesday, August 4, 2009 @ 7:52 PM | , ,

Torrey Pines State Park

Hi Girlies! Today, my DH & I went hiking at Torrey Pines State Park, CA & I would like to share some photos with you of this gorgeous place! :)
This is a Southern Coastal view.
This is a Northern Coastal view.
Here I am with my DH! :)
These are some of the beautiful etched cliffs.You can hike a trail that takes you down to the beach. This view is looking up at the cliffs from the beach.
While we were hiking out of the park, we saw this SD Fire & Rescue helicopter hovering in the direction we were headed! We were not sure what the heck was going on. We were thinking the worse, maybe a Mountain Lion attack!

You can imagine our surprise when we saw all these trucks in the parking lot next to my car! There was a brush fire just over the other side of the ridge! Thank goodness the wind was blowing away from this parking lot!!!!

This is our favorite candy store in Old Town San Diego. They make fresh Salt Water Taffy daily which satisfies my DH's sweet tooth! :)
Thanks for sharing my day's adventure with me! I hope you enjoyed the photos :)

Pastel Petals

My new Cyber Girlfriend, Samantha at Scrapmaster's Paradise started a brand spankin' new Color Challenge site. You know how I loooove challenges :) & the sketch layout inspiration is from Mojo Monday, MOJO98. If you want to play along or if you just want to browse some great works of inspiration, I recommend visiting both of these blogs! :) Thanks for looking! Be Sweet!



Ingredients Used:

Paper: SU Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Orchid Opulence, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White

Ink: SU Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Orchid Opulence, Close to Cocoa, VersaMark

Stamps: PTI Beautiful Blooms, Everyday Classics, Polka Dot Basics 11

Sprinkles: Spellbinders Scalloped Circles & Circles Nesties, PTI Buttons, Offray ribbon, Filigree EP, EK Success punches

post signature


 Comments

25 Sweet Comments So Far:

Julie said...

Mona, What lovely holiday pic's - It looks like your having a fantastic time.
Yur card and tag are to die for, they are so beutiful.
I cant wait to see what you've got in store for us next.
Take Care - Ju xxx

JGoedes said...

Your pictures are quite special! This place in San Diego California looks like a place in Queensland called Torquay! Very similar terrain. Hope you are having a swell time on holiday!
Your latest card is just darling and stunning in the same breath! Great layout of colors and I always love your bows! Thanks.

Kristina said...

Love that card - the colours worked so well for you! good job.

Beverley said...

Your hike pictures are beautiful & thanks for sharing. I love seeing photos of different places! Your card & tag are lovely & you used the colors so well.

Daniella said...

Your pictures are lovely, and the card is even better!!!
Thanks for joining us at SPCC!!

Susan said...

Your card is delightful! I love the scallops, the layering, and the buttons.

Shana said...

All the pictures are great - love those beach shots. Beautiful card and tag too. :)

Julie Ranae said...

Gor-juss my friend! I know your a fitness buff, but I too, looooove salt water taffy. Just hard to find in the middle of the midwest!

Sabriena Satchwell said...

Your card is absolutely amazing, I love everything about it! You did an amazing job using this week’s colours at SPCC! :)

Emily said...

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous. Just bookmarked your blog. You are an inspiration for sure.

Thanks for playing along with us.

Emily-SP Diva

HeatherCz said...

Gorgeous pictures of Torrey Pines! Glad your car didn't get caught in the fire! Your card is precious! Love everything about it (as usual)! You are an awesome designer!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Such fun and bright colors. Awesome job on the Mojo Monday sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

GabrielleH said...

Wow! Great pictures from San Diego! Wish I was there! So Beautiful! I love you card too!

Mona Pendleton said...

Hi Girls! Thanks for going on vacation with me! :) This is a gorgeous state park that is on the Governor's "shutdown" list! :( It is so incredibly beautiful & allows one to get a view of our beautiful CA coast like no other! Thanks for looking :) Hugs, Mona

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card and tag!! Very lovely flowers.
Thanks for playing at SPCC!

Melisa-SP Diva

Carrie B. said...

Wow! That is gorgeous! Love it!

Liz Carnelli said...

Cute card and great pictures at Torrey Pines! I'm glad that you guys didn't get caught in that fire!

heidi said...

Oh, wow, what a beautiful set. And I'm so jealous of your visit to Torrey Pines. One of my fav spots.

Heidi SP Diva

Yolanda said...

Very pretty set! Great vacation photos; wish I was there! TFS

suzARTe said...

this set is absoluely gorgeous. The colours look amazing tother.

Craftastic Life said...

Your project is beautiful! I love everything about them.

thescrapmaster said...

WOW Mona, This is gorgeous!! Great job!
Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator
http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com

~kelly marie~ said...

I just love your card!! So cute!! I love the popped up flowers and how they match with the background flowers. Wonderful!

Susan Mast said...

Great photos! Love your signature move of adding a string in your bows. I may have to lift that move! :)


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS