My Girlfriends Did It! 33

Mona Pendleton | Thursday, August 13, 2009 @ 7:14 AM | , , , , ,

Good Morning Girls! Thanks for sharing my excitement with me over the past few days! :) Someone emailed me asking if I was a "behinds the scene" designer? I had to giggle at that one! :) I am merely a hobbyist who loooves to papercraft & share what I do :) Maybe one day, I will represent someone other than myself :) For now, "I am an equal opportunity hobbyist" {as once stated by my Cyber Girlfriend, Jen Johnson} :) One of the many things I think is unique about Papertrey Ink is their Monthly Guest Star Stamper Contest! If you are interested in being their guest for a month and participating in ALL the excitement that comes with it, give it a try!!!! I personally don't know of any other stamp company that offers their customers the opportunity to participate like that?! I recommend participating in as many challenges that are available to us as stampers / papercrafters. There are people out there in blog-land that put a lot of time & effort into managing these challenge sites & offering us AMAZING opportunities! You can't be afraid to put your creations out there! :) My Girlfriends Did It!

My three girlfriends / co-workers / bosses returned to college to complete their Bachelor's in the Science of Nursing as adult learners at the ages of 37, 48 & 53. All working full-time, being Moms & Wives!!! :) This calls for a celebration in my book!!! :) My color inspiration comes from Lauren's MTTI 05. The colors that I found best to fit her cuuute vibrantly colored inspiration photo were SU Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion & Blush Blossom. The sketch layout comes from Taylor's Sketch Challenge #77 and this week's Pile it On Challenge #10 challenges us papercrafters not to use ANY patterned paper on our project (in combination with at least one other challenge from anywhere else in blog-land). For some awesome inspiration, click on ANY of these sites for your pleasure & to challenge your creativity give any 1 or all 3 of the challenges a try! You just NEVER know! :) LOL Thanks for looking! Be Sweet!

Ingredients Used:

Paper: SU Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Blush Blossom & Whisper White

Ink: SU Basic Black

Stamps: PTI Simple Little Things, SU Baroque Motifs

Sprinkles: Spellbinders Scalloped Circles, Rectangles & Circle dies, Cuttlebug Butterfly die & Swiss Dots EF, EK Success flower punches, Spare Parts Hardware, Offray ribbon, SU cord, Jo-Ann Crafts button, generic hemp cord

post signature


 Comments

33 Sweet Comments So Far:

JennyGerber said...

Great challenge entry! Love how you make it look like spring! You are right about PTI they really do get their customers involved.

Brenda said...

What a great accomplishment for your 3 friends! Very commendable! It's nice for you to celebrate their success! I love your card design! Flawless as usual! You definitely have one of the most interesting blogs I follow! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Deb Lewis said...

Nice touches all over this card! You are a great mixer of elements! Love it!

by. Amy Schultz said...

fantastic! I always love your creations and how you photograph them! you are very talented!

Amy -- Pile It On DT

Jen Johnson said...

You've done it again, Miss Mona! Another beauty has been unleashed on the world! I love that cute butterfly and button! Great combination! I hope you win! Maybe I'll be brave enough to enter a challenge one day!

Chris said...

What a nice story about your friends! You've created a very beautiful card for them! It's a celebration in itself! All my favorites are well represented: Bows, Buttons and Butterflies! Well done!

PaperLover said...

This is a winner if I've ever seen one. Great mix of colors! Good luck!

Isabel Jett said...

Congratulations to your friends and to you for your recent recognition! This card is so pretty, it looks like we'll be congratulating you again soon!

Mercedes said...

This card is really creative! I love your butterfly! Was it hard to incorporate that bright pink? You did a great job!

Julie Ranae said...

Sweetness just seeps out of your pores, doesn't it missy?! What a lovely way to honor your friends and encourage others to play along!

Bless you!

AKiteFlier said...

Mono this is great! Love how you pulled it all together. Your butterfly is GREAT and so is the tag! What a good friend you are to your co-workers.

Sierra said...

Way to go, Mona! This card is awesome and the occasion is pretty cool too! I bet you are as nice a person as your designs are creative! :)

Madeline said...

This your card is very pretty and sweet! I adore!

Kerry said...

What a wonderful design, Mona! I love your pretty butterfly; that button on it is perfect. That tag is pretty sweet too. Good job as usual!

Heidi said...

Thanks for sharing the nice storey with us about your friends. Your card is very beautiful; I'm sure they will love it and I hope you win this challenge! Cheers!

Julie said...

I think this is my favourite card that you've made so far - I love the butterfly and the colours.
Congratulations to your friends xxxx
Take Care - Ju xxx

Heather said...

Beautiful work - and beautifully photographed!

Congrats!
http://ohpleasework.blogspot.com/

Jan Hirsch said...

Great card, Mona! I love your different layers! Beautiful colors! Thanks!

Yolanda said...

Great desgin for this challenge! Your buttoned butterfly is too cute. I love those flourishes too!

Yesnir said...

I think it's wonderful that you celebrate your friend's success; they are blessed to have you as a friend. Oh, by the way, I love your card and tag!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Gorgeous! Love the soft colors and the pretty butterfly. Beautiful challenge project. Thanks for joining in at Pile It On this week. ~Denise :)

NanceB said...

Love your colors and as stated above, that butterfly is so cute! I really like your design style, it's always appealing!

Ginger said...

What cute little card! Excellent job on this challenge. NanceB is correct, your design style is always inspiring! You are my favorite Blog to visit!

KathyO said...

Congrats to your girlfriends and I hope you win the challenge with this adorable card and tag! Both are really awesome! TFS!

Sensible said...

Hey Mona! That is a nice story about your friends. And you are even inspiring me to try my hand at a challenge! Thanks! Love the card!

Kristin Eberline said...

Mona~

WOW! I LOVE your beautiful card and the matching tag! So romantic and pretty. It's almost simple, but not. Does that make sense? Your work is fantastic and I can't wait to see more! Hope to see you again tomorrow for our color challenge :O)

Sue Hester said...

Wow, Mona, I love your card and tag! It is very pretty and girly! I love how you incorporate so many nice layers and the hardware is such a nice touch! TFS!

Laura said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Great job with this challenge. Just beautifully put together.

Andrea Lombard said...

Thanks so much for the encouragement about entering challenges! I might have to dip my toe in the waters sometime soon. Love your beautiful card and tag! Nicely done!!!!!!!

Vickilyn said...

This is beautiful! I love it!

Thanks for playing with us at PILE IT ON!

~Vicki
Owner

Maureen said...

Love love love this!! Love the swirls, the layers and so perfectly embellished! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

Susan Mast said...

I love all the embossing and the pops of color!

Ginger said...

I see that you made the Top 5 with this beautiful card! Congratulations, Mona! Well deserved!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS