Get Well Wishes Set 40

Mona Pendleton | Wednesday, August 19, 2009 @ 10:38 AM | , , , , ,

Hi Cyber Girlfriends! First, I have some REALLY good news to share! :) I want to thank the girls at Color Thowdown for selecting My Backyard Hooty card to be in their Top 5!!! YAWHOOOO :) These girls week after week bring us amazing color challenges & showcase their DT's inspiring examples to get you going! If you haven't already, I recommend that you go visit their site & see what Colors they are playing with this week! :)

I made this Get Well Wishes Set for some VERY special people in my life that are feeling a bit under the weather :( My girlfriend Shana's husband & 18 month old twin boys have not been feeling well, nor my 21 year old son. So, I had to make TWO of these sets, exchanging out the honey for some baked goodies for Shana's family to be hand delivered tomorrow). I combined FOUR challenges for this project! Here they are in no particular order: 1. For Color Inspiration - Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Challenge @11, (SPCC11) 2. For Sketch Inspiration - Taylored Sketch Expressions Challenge #78, (TESC78) 3. Use it Challenge #23 - Where I had to follow these guidelines 1) What is old is new again (use old paper-I have had this Green Galore for 3 years!!!) 2) The eyes have it (use eyelets -eyelet on the tag) 3) Neglected stamps (a stamp not used in 6 months - SU Linen stamp, can't even remember when I used it!!!) 4) A non scrappy item (recycled button bag from HL) 4. Pile It On Challenge #11 - Oh Boy (to make a masculine card - card for Jerry (my boy), Shana's 3 boys - Mark, Colvin & Nolan). If you are up for a challenge or if you are just lookin' for some inspiration, buzz on over to any or all of these sites! I hope my Get Well Wishes gift sets make my loved ones feel better! :) I'd love to know if those Sweet looking bees cheer you up? Thanks for buzzin' by! BEE Sweet!:)

Ingredients Used:

Stamps: PTI Honey Bee Sentiments, SU Definitely Decorative Branch, Just Buzzin' By, Linen

Paper: SU Green Galore, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Neenah

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Green Galore, Soft Suede, Copic Marker YG06 (Yellowish Green), W3 (Warm Grey), 0 (Colorless Blender)

Sprinkles: Cuttlebug Mosaic Tiles & Swiss Dots EF, Spellbinders Scalloped Rectangle & Circle Nesties, Offray Ribbon, generic twine, button, brads & button bag, SU tag & Scalloped flower punches, EK Success flower punches, SU Crystal Effects

post signature


 Comments

40 Sweet Comments So Far:

Erica said...

First of all, congratulations on making the top 5 at the Color Throwdown! I loved your entry!
Second, this card and gifts are so perfect! Honey, Tea and cute honey bees; fantastic! The card and tag are stunning! Great colors and textures! You never cease to amaze me, Mona! Way to go girl!

1CardCreator said...

Great card and tags Mona, I love all the texture, and I love how you photographed it with the sweet teapot! I hope your son and friends family feel better soon, I'm sure the sweet notes will help! Congrats on top 5, and thanks for following me too!
~Diane (DCRU DT) <(*<*)>

Julie said...

Mona - How sweet are those little busy bee gift sets - I love the stamped image and the colours are fantastic. - I say it everytime but your work is fantastic - you really are such an inspiration.
I hope your friends and family are feeling better soon.
Take Care and Happy Crafting - Ju xx

Susan said...

Thanks for joining us at SPCC. I love your use of the colors and the way you you that cute SU set. It's an unexpected combination that works wonderfully!

Julie Ranae said...

Bee-utiful! I couldn't resist! : )

Sammye Jo said...

Just amazing! LOVE it all!!!!!

Mara Campbell said...

What a CUTE gift set!!! I love the bees and the colors work perfectly!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on making top 5!! You so deserve it! This set is fabby. Those little bees are precious. Love it all!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Emily said...

OMG! You went above and beyond and your work is amazing! Thanks for the inspiration! Love your bees! :)

Emily-SP Diva

Deanna said...

Love love love it!

Thanks so much for playing!

Dee Pile It On Dt!

Eve said...

WOW Mona!!!! Another AMAZING hit!!! You are soooo talented girl!!! I LOVE visiting you blogs for so many awesome ideas!! I finally finished my Dare mini and I also posted my new card for two new challenges! Feel free to check both out! Let me know your thoughts!
Many Hugs
Eve

Susan Mast said...

Those happy bees made me feel better! Thanks for sharing!

Jen Johnson said...

Congrats on being in the top five, Mona! Way to go! This card is too cute for words! I really love it as I do most (no... ALL) of your stuff. The faces on those little bees just cracks me up! I think whimsical is the word I'm looking for! Great design and perfect execution as always! I'm sure this card and gifts will have your friends back on their feet in no time!

Tumbleweed said...

As others have said already, this card is supremely cute! Love your little busy bees! Just darling. Oh and congrats on another honor!

JGoedes said...

Cute cute cute!!! I love it!

Constance said...

This is the cutest ever! Great colors too! I love the little expressions on their little faces! What a nice gift set! Great idea, Mona!

Shana said...

First of all, congratulations on getting the recognition you deserve for your beautiful artwork. Second of all, I'm feeling a little guilty. I saw that there was a surprise for me coming up and I thought, No, I should stop scrolling down. But no, I couldn't and I looked anyway. I used to unwrap and rewrap presents at Christmas too. I'm a bad girl. What adorable cards! You are just as sweet as the adorable things you make. I look forward to seeing you in a little while. I hope Jerry is feeling much better very soon too. :)

GabrielleH said...

What a sweet little card! I love it, Mona! You seem like such a nice person and very creative! Your friends are lucky to have you!

Liz Carnelli said...

Mona, great job on this card. I absolutely love the card and it's presentation. Your photography is nearly as creative as your card design and that's saying alot. I've always been intrigued by your designs. You are one of my favorites!

Mary Reidel said...

What an adorable card! Love the entire gift set! Spectacular job!

Madeline said...

C'est trés jolie! Good, Mona! Thanks!

Luv 2 Cre8 With U said...

Beautiful as usual!! I can't keep up with how much you post. Wow!! When do you have time to do it all? Congratulations on being picked for one of the top 5 cards. That is wonderful!! You are my favorite!!

Deb Lewis said...

Great job on this cute card and gift set. Wow! You are so incredible, Mona! Really, how do you do it!

Mona Pendleton said...

Hi Girls! Thanks for buzzin' by and leavin' some luv! :) My girlfriend Shana sure appreciated her goodies! With the twins, she barely has time to do much of anything, especially bake! I get that warm, fuzzy feelin' when I give someone something homemade from the heart & see how happy it makes them :) Hugs, Mona

Maureen said...

What a fabulous set! Love the colors and those little bees! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

Daniella said...

Oh my GOODNESS!! That set is outstanding!
glad you could join us at SPCC this week!!

Stacy Milford said...

Your projects are all just fantastic! LOVE the mosaic embossing folder! I recently saw is on another project & had never seen it before...I REALLY need to find that folder :o)

Unknown said...

Congratulations Mona, you are the winner of this week's Use It! challenge!!!
Please email me at raescards {at} comcast.net to set up the next challenge!!
Yay you!!!!
~Rae

AimeeOh said...

Wow! Congratulations on winning the Use It! Challenge! Your design is so cute you deserve this honor! Way to go!

PaperMomma said...

The more I look at this card the cuter it gets! Congratulations on winning this challenge! Yea!

Sabriena Satchwell said...

WOW! I love your whole ensemble of gifts. I would have never thought to use that stamp set with greens!
Awesome work!
:)

Andrea Lombard said...

Congratulations again Mona! These card is super cute! Those bees and the hive are the best. I never would have thought of this color mix. It works well.

kim.mom said...

SO very cute! Love it!

JennyGerber said...

Mona, I really love this card. I want one now!!! Congrats on your Use It! challenge win! Way to go!

NanceB said...

Way to go, Mona! Congrats on winning the Use It! Challenge! I love this cute little card and tag! The bees are perfect, the embossing is perfect and I especially love the cute beehive! Where did you find that hive stamp? I bet your friends loved this gift!

Craftastic Life said...

Adorable! I love how you made it a set.

HawaiiRenee said...

Too cute! Love it!

heidi said...

Oh, holy cow this set is so adorable!! Love that it's non-traditional bee colors. It just "works" so well!

Heidi SP Diva

Stephanie said...

What a cute set! Great job!!!!

suzARTe said...

wow wow and wow, I love this little gift set


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS