It's Tea Time! 30

Mona Pendleton | Wednesday, August 26, 2009 @ 10:06 PM | , , , ,

Hi Girls! First, I would to share something special with you. Kim, over at Memories in Thyme, selected me for this "I Like Your Style" blog award! I would like to send a special thanks to Kim and ALL of you girls who take time out of your busy days to visit my blog & leave a comment for me! :) Receiving continuous feedback from you girls really makes maintaining Cupcake's Creations all worth the while! Like Kim has said to her cyberfriends, I would like to pass this award on to ALL of you! Please feel free to take this award if you like. I would like to pass this award on to Julie, Eve, Chris, Samme Jo, JuJu (Julie) & Susan. If you haven't already been to these girls blogs, please feel free to do so for some FABULOUS inspiration!


Thanks for joining along with me for the PTI August Blog Hop! There is so much talent out there! Soooo many fall / autumn themed papercrafting creations! I am looking forward to a change in the season but this week's Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #15, RSCC15, color scheme has a very spring like / feminine feel to me. In no particular order I combined 3 challenges for this Tea Time card that I made for my sister, who is spending some quality time with my fuzzy babies while I am in San Diego on a mini vacation :)

1. Color Inspiration: RSCC15, 2. Sketch Inspiration: Card Positioning Systems #130, CPS130, and 3. Pile It On Challenge #12 - Good Things Come In Three, (I used 3 buttons & 3 flowers).

My girlfriend / co-worker, Stephanie, announced her wedding engagement last week! :) I made her this Congratulations card using the following 3 challenges:

1. Color Inspiration: RSCC15, 2. Sketch Inspiration: Laura's Sketch #33, 2S4Y33 & 3. Pile It On Challenge #12 - Good Things Come In Three, (I used 3 brads).




If you would like to see some amazing creations for inspiration, please feel free to visit these sites if you have not already! REMINDER: Please don't forget to visit the Use-It! challenge site on FRIDAY, AUGUST 28th & Cupcake's Creations to see what I have created for the challenge! Hopefully you will join along for the fun!!! :)

Ingredients Used:

Stamps: PTI Damask Designs, Simple Little Things & Beautiful Blooms, SU Teapot & Teacup / saucer, Impression-Obsession My Cup of Tea

Paper: PTI Melon Berry, SU Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink, Very Vanilla

Ink: PTI Melon Berry, SU Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery

Sprinkles: Spellbinders Dahlia & Labels 1 dies, Cuttlebug flower & rounded square dies, Morroccan Screen, D'Vine Swirls & Swiss Dots EF, PTI buttons, ribbon & twine, Offray ribbon, Making Memories brads

post signature


 Comments

30 Sweet Comments So Far:

masha minaeva said...

Love the flower on the seсond and embossing on both cards!

Julie Ranae said...

Well aren't you a sweetheart! Thank you for the award...I will display it proudly from one whom I so admire! : )

Eve said...

wow Mona!!! you are simply the best!!!! THANK YOU so so so much for passing on such an amazing award to me!! I feel sooooooo honoured!!! Now I have to figure out how to add this n my blog!! any tips??
Your creations are GORGEOUS yet again!! I couldn't agree more that you totally deserve this award!!
Many many Hugs
Eve

Luv 2 Cre8 With U said...

Wow, Mona, thanks so much for the award. You are too kind. As you know I love ALL of your work. You are an excellent designer, as well as, photographer. You inspire me!! I still don't know how you do it all. You have to have a very big and caring heart!! God bless and thanks once again for the award!!!!

Laura Davis said...

Such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

cnelson said...

fabulous cards!!!

PaperLover said...

These two cards are equally amazing! You constantly inspire me, Mona! I love that flower so much on the congratulations card. It is stunning! TFS!

AimeeOh said...

How do you create two simultaneous beautiful cards! They are both spectacular! I love the tea pot and cup! Awesome embossing. I need to incorporate great textures like that into my projects! Thanks!

Ashley said...

Mona, these 2 cards are pure joy! I love your textured designs so much! Great job!

Laura said...

Very precious cards! I love your teapot theme with the three cute flowers; so well done! Oh, and that large flower on the other card!!! They are both magnificent! Awesome display of talent!!!!

Kim Sonksen said...

Gorgeous card. Love your take on the sketch

Sue Lelli said...

Both are so cute but I LOVE the flower! Just FAB!

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful cards Mona, I love the tea pot, love those colors together. Congratulations on your blog award! ~Diane

Mandy Gwelton said...

Congratulations on your blog honor! I really love your 2 cute cards! Great use of the buttons and embossing. You style is always delicious! Love it! TFS!

Pamela_U said...

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! You really did a great job with both of these cards! The colors are great and I love all the layering and textures! Your embossing is so well done. Your trademark! I always love coming back to your beautiful blog!

Maureen said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love the big flower on the second one! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

Irene Oden said...

You are very nice to create such a beauty for your friend who just got engaged! That card is a masterpiece! It is so beautiful and refined! Also, the tea card is too cute. Great use of colors and perfect stamps to go with it! I really love your work!

LindsayZ said...

Nice to see that your beautiful blog was recognized! Congrats! Your cards are really sweet and beautiful. I especially love the Cup of Tea card! That stamp is great! Your photography is wonderful as usual! Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

These card are amazing! I love all the embossing and that color challenge is the best this week! Your tea stamp is darling. Now that second card is just Stunning!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

HawaiiRenee said...

Wow Mona! Two stunning cards at the same time? I would love to be a fly on the wall and watch your creative process. I'm amazed how you constantly create such beautiful designs. I really do love the Congratulations card; that flower is stupendous! Now that's a new adjective! Thanks for sharing!
Aloha,
Renee

Heidi said...

Wonderful times 2! Both of these cards are so delightful! Great layers and embossing, perfect buttons and that flower is devine! I love how you put it all together!

Julie said...

Hi Mona,
Sorry i didnt reply to this yesterday - i am thrilled that you thought i deserved an award from you thank you so much - I'm over the moon.
On a crafty note i love your cards - I can only repeat what so many other lovely ladies have said to you - Your work is amazing and you fill me with inspiration everyday.
Thanks so much again and take care - Ju xx

Mary Chen said...

Beautiful cards, Mona! Love the tea motif!

Jen Johnson said...

Wow, in San Diego again! Must be nice! Congrats on your blog honor and I must say that both of these cards are just perfect! I love your layout and the use of buttons! That large flower is scrumcious!

Mercedes said...

I love both of these cards! They are both spectacular! I love the tea pot and cup! Awesome embossing.

Jennifer Stricker said...

That is such a beautiful card. Thank you for playing with Pile It On! this week.

Jennifer PIO DT

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love your cards, you aced the challenge colours, nice use of images too... not to mention the fabulous view from wherever you take your photos!

suzARTe said...

love this card, the flower and ribbon really set the card off

Unknown said...

Wow, love the colors and cards!!!

Maria said...

Both of your cards have great beauty! The buttons are very perfect in there places! My favorite is the pretty orange flower. Perfectly beautiful!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS