A Cameo Appearance 26

Mona Pendleton | Wednesday, February 19, 2014 @ 10:00 AM | ,

Hi there! Today I am here sharing my project for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where the theme is A Cameo Appearance. I have a step by step tutorial that may be found on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog on how I made the crackled cameo on the canvas shown below. I would be thrilled if you checked it out for yourself ~ Click HERE :)
To make this project, I painted a burlap canvas, adhered a die cut oval piece of patterned paper, embellished with a variety of die cut flowers and foliage then topped it off with a vintage crackled cameo and frame. If you would like to see how I created the cameo, please be sure to visit the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog (click HERE).
I love the beautiful vintage crackled aged effect that is achieved so easily with this technique.
Thanks so much for visiting! I hope you enjoyed my project and I hope I have inspired you to give it a try and join along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Stamp Challenge!
Be Sweet ;)
Supply list: Ranger Melt Art Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel, VersaMark Watermark Ink Pad, Tim Holtz Sizzix Framelits Framed Silhouettes Wafer Thin Die and Stamp Set, Ranger #10 Kraft Tags, Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink Pad, Stampendous Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel, Tim Holtz Sizzix Die Tattered Flower Garland Decorative Strip, Spellbinders Foliage, Bazzill Licorice Twist Cardstock, Tim Holtz Ideology Chit Chat Stickers, Tim Holtz District Market Burlap Panel, Ranger Claudine Hellmuth Studio Charcoal Black, Doodlebug Mini Brads Neutral, Prima Flowers Almanac 6 x 6 Paper Pad, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad Tea Dye Brown Ink Pad
post signature


 Comments

26 Sweet Comments So Far:

Unknown said...

Wauw i love iT
Ageeth x

Andrea M said...

Absolutely breath-taking Mona! Thought I'd stop by for a visit - it's been a long time :) Hope all is well!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the pretty cluster of flowers and greenery Mona! your crackled silhouette is amazing, fun technique!

Lucy Edmondson said...

Oooh this is exquisite, your work is always so beautiful, Mona!

Lucy x

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is absolutely stunning!! What a gorgeous canvas!! The flowers look amazing!! And the cracked silhouette is fabulous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Petra Swart said...

It took my breath away, Mona!!! Beautiful!! TFS

Redanne said...

So beautiful Mona, the black background and leaves really set off that beautiful cracked silhouette. Anne x

Cathy said...

Adore your canvas Mona, love the it all!!

Greta said...

This is just stunning, Mona! Can't stop staring at it!

Lynn said...

Your canvas is gorgeous. I love the vintage feel to it, perfect for the cameo image. Your flowers are so detailed and lovely.

Julia Aston said...

How unusual for you to use such dark colors Mona! love the burlap canvas - it gives great texture to this lovely work of art!

sandi said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could look at this all day. Stunning!

Christine L said...

A beautiful vintage style cameo Mona... Love how you've put this canvas together!

Hugs
Christine x

GabrielleH said...

Wow, this is so creative! Love the vintage cameo and the crackle! WOW!

MichelleMc said...

What a stunning canvas! Love it, especially that crackled effect!

Julie said...

Amazing work, Mona! Love how you did that cameo!

Chris said...

Really gorgeous work! LOVE that cameo! Amazing technique!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Stunning project. I love the burlap background.

Nancy Dynes said...

Mona, this is super gorgeous! So dreamy and feminine!
Hugs,
Nancy

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Another gorgeous project! Great vintage look! Love all the handmade flowers. I'm going to check out your video now :o)

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

TFS this awesome technique with UTEE Mona! I am very much inspired! gonna try that soon! And as always..you made stunning project with mixed media! especially love the composition.

Linda M said...

So gorgeous!!! Love the amazing cameo and all the pretty flowers!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the cracked glass effect over the cameo in the frame and your burlap and gorgeous flowers!

Unknown said...

Wow, that cameo looks so awesome! Love this technique! Those flowers are gorgeous too! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Ok...!!! Just jaw dropper on this one...!! I mean geez !! Wow !!! Wow!!
When you see the challenge blog that I am posting to for tomorrow you will see why I am so in awe of the way you did this piece !! I was faced with the same "theme" let's say ... Of your canvas -- & I came up totally blank !!
You are amazing & it shows in every. Single. Piece. :))

Anonymous said...

Hi Mona! This would have been perfect for the color throwdown this week!! ;)
& I used your roses stamp set on my card today... They are hiding in the background. ;)


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS