Love... 31

Mona Pendleton | Wednesday, April 21, 2010 @ 6:45 AM | , ,

Hi Everyone! Last week, I was away at the Spellbinders Retreat - Oh my gosh! It was an amazing experience! I met the entire Spellbinders crew & DT. Everyone was so friendly & kind. We learned so many new techniques & brushed up on some familiar ones. I am looking forward to sharing my Spellbinders journey with all of you :)

Awhile back in January, Beate at SCS asked me to write a tutorial on how to make a tissue paper flower for SCS!!! Oh my gosh - Of course - I was more than honored & happy to! Please visit SCS HERE to view the tutorial & feel free to let me know what you think :)

I made this Love card showcasing the tissue paper flower featured in the tutorial.

The fun polka dotted ornate frame image that you see here behind the tissue paper flower is one of many amazing stamps from the Gina K. Designs Lovely Labels set.

The set is full of several different images that fit perfectly with various Spellbinders dies! A match made in my stamping Heaven :)

I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to create the uppermost layer, a scrap of DP from K&Company for the middle layer & a snippit from the Vintage Valentine DP for the bottom layer. To give the tissue paper flower an aged/distressed look, I used a sponge dauber to apply Ranger Vintage Photo ink.

That is all I have for today - Thanks for looking! Be Sweet!

Stamps: Gina K. Designs Lovely Labels

Paper: tissue paper, K&Company DP, white & aqua cs,

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Vintage Photo

Other: Spellbinders# S4-233 Labels Nine, # S4-190 Labels Four, # S4-136 Classic Heart, # S4-137 Classic Scalloped Heart, # S4-109 Flower Creations Three, Offray ribbon, Making Memories hardware, EK Success border punch

post signature


 Comments

31 Sweet Comments So Far:

BethieJ said...

Mona I LOVE it...Your card is BEAUTIFUL and your tutorial is FANTASTIC!!!
Hope your day is GREAT!!!!

papertrails leaver said...

absolutely beautiful card! That tissue paper bloom is so pretty! Thanks for the tut on it!

Shana said...

Perfection!!!!!!! Can't wait to watch the tutorial and make some of those.

Hearts Turned said...

Beautiful card, Mona! So glad you had a great time at the retreat--sounds wonderful!

Tammy said...

This card is just plain *beautiful* I love the girlie-ness of it. Sounds like a fun retreat. I love a great flower tutorial.
smiles...Tammy

Silvia said...

This card is gorgeous, Mona! I love the embossing, and the papers are so soft. The flower is great too! Thanks for sharing how to make these beauties. I need to give it a try! I can't wait to hear all about the spellbinders meeting. I bet it was so much fun!!

butterflyamanda said...

OMG this card is breathtakingly beautiful,i can't wait to watch your tutorial,your retreat sounded fun can't wait to hear more! hugs Amanda

Julie Ranae said...

You know I LoVe it!
Glad to have you home and creating once again : )

GabrielleH said...

Wow! OMG this is such a magnificent card! Pure perfection! Mona, you are amazing!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Mona--can you send some creativity over here??? I love it! Love this card--super pretty:)

Isabel Jett said...

I'm so glad you are back to your regular posting and I can't wait to see what you will be creating for Spellbinders! This card is really truly amazing! I love that flower and your trademark vintage touch! You are definitely my favorite designer right now! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sharon C. said...

Mona, you work is always so inspiring to me! The card is absolutely gorgeous and is exactly why Spellbinders chose you! I will be watching and learning as you design for them! I'm sure we will be seeing your fabulous designs everywhere!

1CardCreator said...

Lovely card Mona, your video was great just like your flowers. You are a great addition to the Spellbinders team. Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Wonderful card, Mona and great tutorial! I saw it in the Weekly Inkling this morning and recognized your work before I saw your name! :)

Roxanne said...

Love this elegant card! Amazing as usual! Spellbinders is so lucky to have you!

Unknown said...

Oh love this! Just adore your work Mona; thank you for sharing with all of us in blogland!

Michelle Breston said...

Outstanding card Mona! you are so amazingly talented! This card is so typical of your beautiful vintage style! That flower is fantastic!

Betty Benton said...

Lovely card!! And I was glad to see your tissue flower tutorial on SCS -- will be making some!

Mary said...

Mona your cards are always so incredible and this is no exception! Great DP and embossing! That flower is so elegant!

Christy said...

This is so absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Thanks for the tutorial Mona, I must try this bloom asap, as always, thanks for sharing your skill.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! So the brad is Making Memories? TIA!

Unknown said...

STUNNING, Mona!

Silke Ledlow said...

Love this tissue flower!!!! The tutorial is awesome....TFS!!! Your card is another Mona gorgeousness :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Unknown said...

I CANNOT wait until your Spellbinders DT begins! I am getting ready to have my hair blown back and my socks knocked off!

This one does that for me too! I so love your tissue paper flowers. This card is your true stunning vintage style!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Yvonne Dalhammer said...

Outstandingly beautiful card, Mona! Your tissue paper flowers are so gorgeous! And you always have the most interesting background DP combined with lovely embossing!

Heather Rogers said...

OMG...I love everything about this card. The stitching, embossing and soo love that Gina K labels set. That IS next on my to order list. :)

Unknown said...

I just love all your work Mona! Your cards are beautiful. The flower here is beautiful too!

MeredithS said...

Your tissue paper flowers are your trademark as much as your cool vintage shabby-chic style! This card is just phenomenal! I love your embellishments and those neat background papers you used! Terrific!

Sensible said...

Mona, this is such an elegant card! Love that beautiful flower and your DP is perfect! You always surprise me!

Maria said...

Very pretty!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS