Blessings...Just Us Girls Sketch Challenge 34

Mona Pendleton | Friday, April 2, 2010 @ 8:57 PM | , , ,

***I have 2 posts today - if you are looking for my My Time Made Easy post - please continue to scroll up - Thanks :)***

Hi Everyone! Time for a Sketch challenge with Just Us Girls, JUGS27! Kristin created this fun sketch for all to play with this week. I would like to welcome Sue Lelli as our April Featured Designer :) This will be Tracey's last challenge as a JUGS DT member, as she will be stepping down. Please take a second & head on over to Tracey's site for further details & leave her some love! :) Thanks so much Tracey for all the weekly inspiration! :)I wanted to share not only my card but this beautiful Cherub statue in her entirety with you :)Here is a closer view of my Blessings card:The elegant Gina K Designs Blessing sentiment says it all! You may know that I work as a Registered Nurse in the Operating Room. All I am going to share is that after seeing what I have seen for the past 11 years in the OR, I feel so Blessed in so many ways!!! When my co-workers gripe or as I am making that drive to work at 3 a.m. in the morning for an Emergency case, I count my Blessings for my health, family & friends (& papercrafting supplies)!

When I saw this fabulous sketch that Kristin created for this week's JUGS27 challenge, showcasing a beautiful flower sprouted in my thoughts :) It's not always easy to catch the shimmer of the Glimmer Mist when photographing but if you look closely or click the photo to enlarge, you can see the shimmer :)

Here is a quick tutorial on how I altered this beautiful flower:

Supplies Used:

1 paper flower (purchased at local craft store), heat gun, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Ranger Tim Holtz Antique Tea ink, sponge dauber

This photo shows what the flower looked like before I glammed it up!

This is super easy! Hold paper flower, spray Glimmer Mist, Heat with heat gun. Repeating the spraying step as many times as you like until you get the desired color! Using sponge dauber, apply distressing ink.

Before & After Photo:

What do you think? What I love about it is you can spray a plain white flower with any color of Glimmer Mist!

That's all for today! I hope you join along in the fun with Just Us Girls & give this tutorial a try! If you make a flower like this, please feel free to email me a link to your creation OR simply email a photo to me!! Would love to see what you do! Have a very Happy Easter Sunday if you celebrate & if you don't celebrate, hope you enjoy your weekend! Be Sweet!

For complete details, please visit the Just Us Girls challenge site & be sure to visit ALL the DT girls (found on my side bar) as well as Sue! Once you have your creation photographed, be sure to go to Just Us Girls and post a direct link to your project on our site. If you upload to on online gallery, please be sure to label your project as JUGS27.

Deadline to be considered for the weekly "Chic of the Week" will be 9:00 PM EST on Thursday, April 8th. Our Inlinkz tool will also close at that time. Our top pick "Chic of the Week" will be announced on Friday morning following the deadline.

Ingredients Used: Stamps: Gina K Designs Lovely Labels

Paper: K&Company DP, Stampin' Up, Papertrey Ink Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Antique Tea, Memento Other: Spellbinders # S4-161 Labels One, Quikutz die, EK Success punch, Martha Stewart pearls, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Husqvarna sewing machine, paper flower

post signature


 Comments

34 Sweet Comments So Far:

AKiteFlier said...

WOW what a flower - LOVE it Mona. Did you make the white flower or did you buy it then glam it up? Love the card and that beautiful Blessings stamp. We are, indeed blessed and I am blessed to call you friend! Way to rock the JUGS. :-)

Pammy said...

Wow, that flower is super duper amazing, Mona! So cool and so creative. This card is so gorgeous! Great job!

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty, Mona! Wonderful job altering that flower. :)

Where in the world did you find that dauber? I have looked high and low for one of those. All I can find is the big ones. I want one to use around the edges of my nestablilites.

xxx

Kelly said...

Amazing flower Mona! Thank God you posted a mini tutorial because you probably would have gotten a million requests for instructions on making this magnificent embellishment! Wonderful!

JennyGerber said...

Mona, your flower is so awesome! Thanks so much for showing how its done! This is your most elegant card ever! It's cover material!

Davi said...

It is a great sketch to work with and you did it with style as usual. I love the flower, you glammed it up good girl, its is really a stunning piece. Blessings... the perfect sentiment! :)

Kathy M said...

Elegant and gorgeous card, Mona! That flower is stunning and you sentiment is perfect!

LindsayZ said...

I'm totally blown away by this card, namely that flower! It is just magnificent! Can't believe that you made it! It's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing how you dressed it up!

Kathy Jones said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love how you converted the flower and your take on the sketch is wonderful!!! I so need one of those jumbo scallop punches!

Sarah Anderson said...

yummy paper flower - it certainly deserves being showcased like this :)

Lisa Kind said...

Mona, do you do anything that is just "ok"? LOL!!! You are just so amazing! I LOVE what you did with the flower! So fab! I only have the Baby's Breath mist...I didn't realize the colored mists could do this! Love your card in so many ways!

So nice of you to remind us how fortunate we all are for our health (and papercrafting supplies!)! We sometimes do need to take a step back and contemplate our "blessings" instead of complain about some of the things that may make us a little crazy at times. Thanks for that reminder on this Easter weekend! Happy Easter, my friend!

Unknown said...

WOW! Absolutely amazing, Mona!! Love what you have done with the flower.. it is stunning!! Happy Easter weekend! HUGS!

Roxanne said...

Gorgeous flower and gorgeous card! Happy Easter weekend!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card Mona, I love the frilly detail on the scallop, just perfect. Thanks for sharing the tips on the beautiful flower too, it really makes the card. ~Diane

GabrielleH said...

You are not only talented but clever too! I love how you did this beautiful flower! What a great idea! I love those Glimmer Mist products. I bet that flower is even more beautiful in person! Your card is the epitome of grace and elegance! Well done!

Ruby said...

Gorgeous! I love how you've done your flower, it's just all so elegant :o)

Sierra said...

Awesome flower, Mona! Only you could come up with such an amazing design element! I adore this card! Wow!

Kerry said...

Beautiful colors and gorgeous design! That flower is just magnificent! Wow, you are good!

Deb Lewis said...

What a delicious looking flower! Great transformation with that Glimmer Mist! I must try this too! Thanks for a great idea!

Sue Hester said...

Amazingly beautiful card! Not just the flower, the entire design is gorgeous! Great sentiment for this time of year! Thanks for great inspiration, Mona!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Mona -- love that exquisite flower!!! Just beautiful!

Lora DeJardins said...

Wow! Amazing flower! You are so smart and talanted to dress the flower up so well! Love this card so much!

Cheryl Love said...

Wow this is so gorgeous, Mona! Great job with that flower! The Glimmer Mist worked really well and I love your result!

Sue Lelli said...

Do you want to know what is so SPECIAL about you, Mona? You create the most amazing things and then you share the details with everyone with your tutorials. You are the most unselfish and truly the most motivating person I have ever met in the blog world! Thanks for continuing to WOW us week after week!

Penny said...

Mona, you've created an amazing gorgeous elegant vintage card! I love the soft colors and you already know that your flower is a major hit! Thanks so much for sharing how you work your magic! Have a great weekend!

Crystal said...

Great take on this interesting sketch! Your card is so elegant and I really love how you colored that rose! Outstanding results! You are a very talented lady!

Mercedes said...

Wow, that flower is spectacular! What a great idea to use that Glimmer Mist. I didn't think it could impart such a rich color to something! I'll definitely be giving this a try! Thank you so much for sharing your creative secrets with us!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card and the flower is stunning and love glimmer mist!

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card, love the flower & the paper is fantasic!!

Silvia said...

Gorgeous card as always, Mona! The tutorial is fantastic. I don't have a glimmer mist yet but after seeing your tutorial I need to go and get one.

Andrea M said...

Hey girlie! It's been a while since I've stopped by and I'm having Mona-withdrawal!
WOW! This is some serious gorgeousness!!! That flower is INCREDIBLE! The DP is so pretty too. Fabulous work, as always! You are my paper crafting guru :) Thanks so much for sharing - gonna have to get me some glimmer mist!

farmhouse-story said...

this is a fab tutorial! gorgeous flower!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Oh my--Mona--this is BEAUTIFUL! Great flower and tutorial...and CARD! Awesome:)

BethieJ said...

BEAUTIFUL MONA!! I ADORE the card and your flower!(isnt glimmer mist the BEST! :) )


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS