Happy Birthday Scott! 23

Mona Pendleton | Wednesday, December 9, 2009 @ 10:54 AM |

Hi Girls! Today we are celebrating my husband's 48th birthday :) He is such a wonderful man, I don't know where to begin to tell you ALL the things that make him special. The list is ENDLESS! I don't want to bore you with babbling on about my DH - just wanted to share that it is his birthday & that he is very special! Unfortunately, he has an appointment with the dentist today to have a crown applied to a tooth :( He hides his age well, not one wrinkle on that beautiful brown skin! This is a photo of Scott with my baby girl Gretchen! I find it really challenging to make a masculine card! Thank goodness he likes ANYTHING I make, including flowers :) For sketch inspiration, I played along with Beate's fun Weekend Sketch Challenge #109, WSCC109, which is the last sketch of this year for her :( Thanks for looking! Be Sweet!







Here is Scott's Happy Birthday card:
I can't put my finger on it, but it seems like this card is sort of "naked". Like something is missing? I suppose it is more of a clean & simple sort of layout. I hope he is happy when he sees it!

I inked up the SU French Script background stamp with SU Chocolate Chip ink & stamped in on the SU Natural's cs then used the Spellbinder's Blossom die to cut out the multi-layers for the Blossom. I inked the edges with Ranger Tea Dye ink then crumpled them up a bit for a vintagey look.

Ingredients Used: Stamps: PTI Fancy Flourishes & Flower Garden, SU French Script Paper: K&Company DP, SU Not Quite Navy, Natural Ivory, Creamy Caramel Ink: SU Chocolate Chip, Ranger Tea Dye Sprinkles: Spellbinder's Blossom & Labels 9 dies, EK Success border punch, Offray ribbon, gold cord & button from stash, Making Memories hardware
post signature


 Comments

23 Sweet Comments So Far:

*Alison* said...

WOW.. this is STUNNING.. Mona I LOVE the colors and all you cute elements.. :) adorable..

~Oh I wanted to let you know I have a new free digital stamp up.. HUGS

Julie Ranae said...

Sorry I missed your phone call...out trying to shovel the 14" of snow we received as an early Christmas present.

Happy Birthday to your Scott and many happy returns of the day!

Beate said...

Fantastic card Mona! I LOVE your blossom flower. Thank you so much for playing!
Happy Holidays
Hugs and smiles

Nancy L. said...

Beautiful card and HP to your hubby!

CFLanger said...

Wow - this is such a handsome card, Mona! (Handsome because it's a guy card) :o) And there's no way he can be 48! I hope you two have a great time celebrating! Hugs!

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card Mona, I know your husband will love it. That chocolate cake he is posing with looks pretty awesome too, I'm coming to your your house! ~Diane

1CardCreator said...

Oops, I was distracted, wish your DH a Happy Birthday! ~Diane

Unknown said...

What a wonderful card, Mona! I love your vintage layered flowers! Happy Birthday to Scott (that cake looks pretty yummy, too!)!!!

S said...

Hey Mona--Love Scott's card. The vintage looking flower is perfect. You do it so well, and the blues are just perfect for Scott. Like the vintagey look at the bottom. Everything comes together just perfect for a Happy "Masculine" Birthday. Hope he has a great day. Sue M.

Live Love and Scrap said...

Hi Mona,

I am sure Scott is going to LOVE his card...its terrific. I too am married to a terrific man who doesnt show his age!!! No fair =)
Enjoy the day with your birthday boy!!!

hugs,
Sarah

Heather Rogers said...

Wonderful card Mona. It is hard for me to do a masculine card as well. Guess it is just because we are extra gilry. :o)
He looks great for 48... Maybe he can bottle his secret and sell it to us less unfortunate people.

Andrea M said...

Hope your DH had a great birthday! I'm sure he loved that gorgeous card! I think it looks perfect. He looks so cute holding your sweet little Westie - gotta love a man who loves animals :) It's a great picture! Have a good one :)

AKiteFlier said...

Oh Mona - what is there to NOT love about this gorgeous creation? Scott will LOVE it I'm sure. What a handsome DH you have - and ageless too! WOO HOO - have a great day and give him my best wishes for a SUPER happy birthday as well.

Shana said...

I hope he had a lovely birthday. The picture is cute - it looks like your Gretchen has her paw in the cake. :)

Pamela_U said...

Please wish your hubby a very happy birthday for me! You guys are lucky to have each other! You did a great job with his card! Gorgeous!

Beth said...

Beautiful card; love that flower! Hope you guys had fun celebrating the birthday today!

Karla said...

Nice card for the birthday-man! Awesome!

GabrielleH said...

Wow, what a beautiful card and the DH ain't bad either! I hope you guys had a great celebration yesterday!

Mirna said...

Mona, please pass my belated birthday wishes on to your gorgeous husband! I hope you guys had a great day together! I know he loved this card! It is beautiful! Thanks for sharing a little of your life with us!

Mirna said...

PS: There is no way that man is 48 years old! You are so lucky, Mona!

Angie Hewitt said...

I agree with Mirna! 48? No way! I love how you did the flower and tag on this card. Very elegant but masculine! Thanks for sharing with us!

HawaiiRenee said...

Hey! I missed your hubbie's birthday but thanks for sharing it with this post. I love that card; it is really very beautiful. Wish your handsome DH a belated happy birthday for me!

Unknown said...

He's 48?! Wow! He sure looks young! :) I'm sure he loved his card, it's beautiful. Thanks for all the fab comments you've been so kind to leave me, Mona. You're a love.


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS