Christmas Tree Swirls 29

Mona Pendleton | Thursday, September 24, 2009 @ 2:42 PM | , , ,

Hi Girls! I have to make this a really quick post because I have to run & pick up my step-kids from school :) I made this Christmas card because I was so excited to receive my new PTI order yesterday from the man in Brown-it felt like Christmas!!!! For my sketch inspiration, I used Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #36 as well as the Pile It On site, Challenge #16 which is to use punches! I loooove punches :)Hop on over to either sites & see all the amazing inspirational creations they have to share as well as the DT samples! :) Be Sweet!


To make the trees "POP" off the scalloped rectangle, I inked up the PTI Christmas tree image from the Winter Swirls set in SU Always Artichoke, Old Olive & Handsome Hunter (individually of course) then cut them out with a very sharp scissors then adhered them with glue dots.

It is hard to tell unless you click on the image to enlarge it, but the Martha Stewart snowflakes & white rectangle behind the trees, are all embossed using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots EF. The snowflakes are double layered for a nice FULL look!

Remember tomorrow evening, Friday, September 25th at 8pm EST, you can stop by and see what I have created for the PTI monthly Blog Hop! We were challenged this month to "Go GREEN" & recycle our shipping products that came with our order.

Ingredients Used: Stamps: PTI Winter Swirls, SU Lots of Thoughts Paper: SU Handsome Hunter, Ruby Red, Old Olive, Whisper White, K&Company Peppermint Twist Ink: SU Basic Black, Handsome Hunter, Old Olive, Always Artichoke Sprinkles: Spellbinders Scalloped Rectangle & Circle nesties, generic buttons, Offray ribbon, Martha Stewart snowflake punches, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots EF

post signature


 Comments

29 Sweet Comments So Far:

Sammye Jo said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! Did I mention that I LOVE it? lol.

Unknown said...

Well, I've been following long enough now that when I read your titles, I kind of get an image in my mind. I had a fabulous image of this card even before the pic popped up. Love those trees, swirls, and that snowflake! Fabby colors too. I LOVE your style and can always imagine beautiful creations by you!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Susan Mast said...

This card is just happy! TFS!

by. Amy Schultz said...

It doesnt get more fun than this! absolutely love it!

Amy -- Pile It On DT

Karen Giron said...

What a fantastic card!! I love, LOVE those trees!

GabrielleH said...

Love those trees! What a great stamp set. Add another PTI product to my shopping cart! Those girls should put you on the payroll for making their stuff look so good!

CFLanger said...

Beautiful work, Mona! I love the colors and those snowflakes are just perfect!

Laural said...

Really gorgeous card with all those wonderful swirls and layers! I love how you layout a design. I can never find anything that I would change. In a word: PERFECT!

Jan Evans said...

My God, Mona! This card is absolutely gorgeous! Everything pops off the paper! I love those Christmas trees and the swirls! Your layering is really perfect as usual! Great job!

Mary said...

Love this stunningly beautiful card! WoW!

Sensible said...

Those trees are awesome! PTI here I come. I must have these. Thanks for showing us the best way to use them! Awesome job!

NanceB said...

This is a really lovely Christmas card! I adore those trees and swirls! You really demonstrate the beauty of this stamp set well! Great job!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous Mona!

BTW... your second link is now working girl!

Thanks so much for playing!
Dee at Pile It On DT

Sue Hester said...

This is a really gorgeous Xmas card! You really outdid yourself on this one. Those swirled trees are the perfect touch! I didn't know about these PTI stamps before but now I do! I've got some great plans for them now! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Donna said...

Love the snowflakes with the buttons! What a perfect combo. Your trees are just amazing! Great job with this card! Can't wait for Christmas now!

MeredithS said...

Best Christmas card I've seen so far, and I've started to see lots of them! Great snowflakes and those trees are magnificent! Great job!

Tammy L said...

Perfect trees! Perfect snowflakes and perfect design! I have really fallen in love with your designs! What's the word I'm looking for? Oh yes... PERFECT!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous card I love it!!!!

Thank you for playing.
Brenda-Pile It On GDT

Yvonne Dalhammer said...

Yes, this is one beautiful card! Great use of this new stamp set! Those Christmas trees are so cute and I love how you incorporated the buttons into the snowflakes! Best design ever!

Helen Watanabi said...

WOW, what a spectacular Christmas card! Just amazing what you can do with simple techniques! Love those trees and snowflakes! Great work, girl!

Carol Reisner said...

Hey Mona, this is a really stunning card. You have used layers and those beautiful trees and snowflakes to perfections. I love it! Thanks!

Sierra said...

Bows, snowflakes and trees; just add design talent and you have Cupcake's Creations! Great job, Mona! This one is priceless!

GinaB said...

I love this magical card! Just plain and simple gorgeous!

Chris said...

I really like how you designed this card. Your swirled Christmas trees are the perfect centerpiece of this gorgeous card! This cards should win the challenge for you! Good luck!

Teri Holister said...

Mona, this is a great card. Everything is popping off the paper! Can't wait to get my order from PTI! I'm going to use this set first. Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

Constance said...

Your work on this card is so beautiful! I love those trees and the colors your chose! This is a very special design!

Carrie said...

What a pretty and fun looking card! Those Christmas trees are sooooo cute! Love the stamped swirls on them. Fun and elegant! Great job!

Melissa said...

I'm in love with this design! Those PTI Trees are wonderful and I love how you did the snowflakes! I will be needing 100 of these for the holidays! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mona.... thanks for the pictures....your class yesterday was really great....has me thinking of where I can set up my sewing machine without having to put it away after I use it... I will keep looking for your classes at Paper Tales... My sister, Helen - at the class with me -- and I are off to Stampaway in Cincinnati on August 1st with several days full of classes and the convention as well... we're really looking forward to it. Martha


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS