hello friend 45

Mona Pendleton | Sunday, March 29, 2015 @ 9:01 PM | , , ,

Hi there!  It's time for an all new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! From soft shabby chic colors to white washing with gesso, being inspired by Easter to using actual pastels, this week we challenge you to be inspired by the softer side of the color wheel…
I was inspired to create a shabby / vintage style greeting card:
One can never have too many greeting cards on hand so I thought this challenge was a great time to pull out the beautiful pastel Victorian Velvet Distress Ink pad and put it to good use. The background of the card was stamped with the text image from Papillon, heat embossed, then Victorian Velvet and Iced Spruce Distress Inks were randomly applied. For the focal point, a Mini Cabinet card was adhered in place and embellished with a crackled die cut Mini Butterfly:
For the sentiment, a Remnant Rub was applied:
Thanks so much for visiting! I hope you enjoyed my project and I hope you join along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Stamp Challenge! Please be sure to visit the Simon Says Stamp Monday Stamp Challenge blog to see all the DT's fabulous inspiration!
Be Sweet ;)
post signature






Products used: Tim Holtz Ranger Victorian Velvet Distress Ink pad Distress InkPapillonTim Holtz Ranger Iced Spruce Distress Ink padTim Holtz Sizzix Mini Cabinet card dieTim Holtz Idea-ology Words Remnant RubsTim Holtz Sizzix Die MINI BUTTERFLIES Movers & Shapers AlterationsTim Holtz 4 Oz Crackle Paint ROCK CANDY Distress Clear RangerTim Holtz Idea-ology PAPER STASH FRENCH INDUSTRIAL 12 x 12Ranger Embossing Powder WHITERanger MANILA TAGS #8 Craft Inkssentials SurfacesTsukineko Versamark EMBOSS INK PAD Watermark, Tim Holtz Idea-ology Crinkle RibbonTim Holtz Core'dinations KRAFT CORE NOSTALGIC ColorCore 6 X 6 Cardstock, Tim Holtz Ranger Vintage Photo Distress InkTim Holtz Idea-ology RING FASTENERSDina Wakley Ranger WHITE GESSO MediaTim Holtz Idea-ology GRUNGEBOARD BASICS PLAIN Altered Art


 Comments

45 Sweet Comments So Far:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, this is so beautiful, I love it.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

SUPER clever card here (why am I not surprised?) and I really love the detail on the butterfly. Its crackled surface is gorgeous and I love the embellishment on its center.

Carol McCready said...

Your card is so pretty. Love all the textures and that stitching.

Andreja said...

WoW, what a fantastic card you made! I like the vintage stayl :-))
Hugs, Andreja

Unknown said...

Very beautiful card. I love the colour choices. Very calming!

Gabby said...

Love, love, love it! Wonderful colors, emb bkgrd. Great use of the cabinet card and layers. Pretty crackled butterfly, too. Your work is such an inspiration, Mona! :)

Tracey said...

This is lovely! Love that crackle butterfly! xx

Pam said...

Gorgeous card, Mona. I love those colors and that crackled butterfly is beautiful.

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous pastel creation! The butterfly is a charming focal point on the shabby chic layers of goodness!

Pamellia said...

Wow, just stunning Mona! I love how you used the cabinet card to break up the pastel layers and your butterfly is just incredible! Pinned it! hugs :)

Helen Wallace said...

Always elegant and charming. Love the deep crackle on the butterfly :)

Ros Crawford said...

Love the pastel colours and the stamping ... such a pretty butterfly too!

Wendy ten Hove said...

This card is gorgeous, Mona! Love the pink and kraft color together and the white letters finish it beautifully. Very nice details, as always in your creations!
Wishing you a lovely day!
Wendy

Erum Tasneem said...

this is super duper gorgeous!!! the background stamp is my all time fav!
xx
Erum
My Blog!

Patty O'Malley said...

This is so pretty, Mona! I love pink and gray together. Plus, the butterfly looks beautiful.

Yasmina TIN-SANG said...

Perfect!

Samra said...

WOW!!! Gorgeous card! Love those soft tones and such an amazing design!!! Thank you for the inspiration!

Val-Belle said...

Oh wow Mona this is such a pretty card and I love the white embossing with the victorian velvet and the iced spruce. Cool colours to put together. I agree you can never have too many cards. I need to make some more. Thanks for the inspiration :D

Davi said...

Such a beautiful card Mona, you always do shabby in a fabulous way! Love the colors and layers. The crackle butterfly is really beautiful :) Have a great week!!

Unknown said...

What a beauty!
Xxageethxx

Kathy Bradley said...

Mona,
Absolutely gorgeous! My favorite detail is the butterfly with the lovely sparkly piece. I think I need a few of those flitting around my hard!! Thanks for sharing.

Christine L said...

It's PINK... and it's beautiful!! What's not to love?? LOL!

Hugs
Christine x

Stephanie said...

Totally gorgeous, Mona! I'm loving this combination of kraft and pink!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Redanne said...

Oh wow Mona, this is such a beautiful card, I love the embossed background and the gorgeous crackled butterfly - just gorgeous! Anne xx

Sherrie K. said...

Another over the top creation! Love the pastel colors and gorgeous design! you have such an eye to detail:) The embossing looks amazing and love the stitching! So pretty Mona!
Have a great week and Happy Easter to you and your family!
Sherrie K

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

So pretty! Love that pink crackled butterfly on the text background!
Happy Easter!

Sue Lelli said...

THIS would be the PERFECT birthday card for your dear SWEET friend, Sue! I just LOVE the colors, the papers, and that GORGEOUS crackled butterfly!

Lisa Elton said...

This is pretty Mona! I like your fancy butterfly and it's bling!

Marjan said...

Pretty and utterly gorgeous card, Mona!!

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Hello Mona. Just catching up on my blogs. I finally caught up on your posts again. Gorgeous card! Beautiful cracked details on the butterfly and the embossed background script. So pretty! Hope your are doing well. Have a wonderful day!

Susan Lankford said...

Adore this gorgeous card, Mona!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Stunning card. Gorgqeous embossing and inking on the background....and I adore the crackled butterfly xx

Jan Garber said...

Stunning, as always! I LOVE what you did with he butterfly!

Stella said...

Dripping with elegance; so lovely!

Greta said...

I never seem to use my Victorian Velvet, but now I know to try it with Iced Spruce. Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Mona--love all the layers & elements! Wishing you a lovely Easter.

Fiona said...

Stunning!!! Love the colour palate and the beautiful stamps you used! Always inspiring! TFS!

Sandra said...

So pretty, Michelle! Love the colors and the crackled butterfly is so beautiful! Hugs, Sandra

Capescrapper said...

Stunning card! Some of my favorite colors!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful design, Mona. The colors and the textures are fabulous :)

barbarayaya62 said...

Perfect is the only word that I can say! Everything is perfect in this card: design, color palette, details! Wonderful as always! Happy Easter! Barbarayaya

Emma Williams said...

This is such a pretty card and has so many wonderful textures to admire ~ it's just so beautiful, Mona! :)

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is stunning, Mona!! Wow, what a beautiful card!! The colors and design are fabulous!! I love, love the butterfly!! Each detail is perfection!! Amazing card!! I love it!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card Mona!! I love the colours of the background and that clever oval frame that you made.

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

Love the crackled butterfly!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Mona, that crackled butterfly is lovely!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS