noel 29

Mona Pendleton | Thursday, December 11, 2014 @ 9:32 AM | , ,

Hi there! I hope you are having a great week! Today I have a couple of holiday projects to share
that were inspired by December's Prima Product Picks inspiration board:
First up, is an altered paper mache deer head:
While Angie and I were out shopping for a masquerade mask that I needed for an upcoming holiday party this weekend, Angie spotted this beautiful ornament:
I began this project by applying Prima Gesso to the entire piece. Once dry, I applied Prima Gel Medium to the antlers then sprinkled with snowflake like glitter flakes. For the head, I randomly applied the following Prima Color Shine sprays: Gold Foil, Storm Cloud and Tea Stain:
Once the color shine sprays were dry, I adhere Prima Gold Rush Glass Glitter followed with a light application of Prima Gesso. For a more feminine touch, I embellished with a layered Prima metal flower which was covered with Gesso, Gold Foil Color Shine and Gold Rush Glitter:
I also made a holiday greeting card featuring pretty papers from Prima's Ephiphany collection:
I embellished with a Prima flower and a snowflake shaker full of various shimmery products including Prima Gold Rush Glass Glitter.
For card sketch inspiration, I joined along with the retrosketches sketch challenge:
here are several of the Prima products used:



















Many thanks for stopping by ~ I hope you are enjoying the holiday season!
Be Sweet ;)
post signature


 Comments

29 Sweet Comments So Far:

Deepti said...

Jaw dropping beauty!!

Gale Evans said...

Mona, every project you make is breathtaking! OMG, this is absolutely magnificent! TFS!

Cheryl W. said...

Oh my goodness, both your projects are magnificent! You are such a wonderful artist.

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Mona, both of your projects are stunning!! The deer head looks amazing!! You decorated it so beautifully!! Wow!! And what a gorgeous card!! I am so inspired every time I visit you!! You are so talented!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jan Evans said...

OMG, Mona this is magnificent! How do you create such beautiful things?

Mirna said...

Mona, you've create two really incredible pieces here! LOVE that gorgeous textured deer head and the matching card is divine! You are an amazing artist! Love seeing what you will create next!

Andreja said...

Mona, what a fantastic creations :-)) Pretty and Goldie!
All are aaaaaaaaaadorable!!!
Hugs, Andreja

Stella said...

Oh deer:) ( Not the most briliant comment I know...) And that card; a jawdropper. Love love love that shaker-snowflake. Wow!

Dawnll said...

Oh my goodness I am loving all the products you used. Love gold so much, you always inspire me.

Chris said...

Mona, you are one amazing artist! Love your altered deer head; the texture and color is incredible! I would have loved to stand over your shoulder while you created this! Really fabulous work! Love that beautiful card too!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE that glittery deer! Beautiful details and that flower is just Fantastic! LOVE your card too with the sprays and the shaker!

Jamie said...

This is too pretty to put into words! It's really stunning!

Greta said...

Wowzer! Amazing ornament make-over, Mona--a treasure! Your card is over the top--so elegant & gorgeous--love the snowflake shaker!

Helen Wallace said...

Your imagination knows no bounds Mona. I am always inspired when I come to visit. Thank you for sharing your magic with the rest of us :D

Ros Crawford said...

I'm in love with your projects ... So very beautiful!! The deer is gorgeous and the card is so unique!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous, sparkling projects, Mona. I just love the textures and sparkle you created on the deer!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Linsey R said...

These are both fabulous and so gorgeous Mona!!! I hope you are having a lovely holiday season so far! Hugs!! :)

Susan Lankford said...

Wow, Mona...your projects are beautifully elegant!

Patty O'Malley said...

Love all the glittery sparkle on these two beautiful projects!

Scott said...

Great job! You are pretty darn amazing!

Samra said...

Breathtaking taking creations! Thank you for the inspiration. I created a shaker card, inspired by your gorgeous card. I did mention in my blog that my card was inspired by yours. I truly hope you don't mind. Hugs :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Truly merry and bright!

Unknown said...

Love this!!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

The reindeer is awesome!!! I just love all these glittery Prima products!!!

Constance said...

Absolutely amazing! Love the pretty sparkle!

Trudy said...

Absolutely amazing! Just incredible!

Pammy said...

Stunning project, Mona! Really love all the fabulous details!

Samra said...

Congrats on the Shout Out at Retro Sketches! I think you should have been the Rock Star, but people have different taste....

Carol McCready said...

Beautiful projects. I'm loving those Prima products.


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS