Just for fun 46

Mona Pendleton | Thursday, September 2, 2010 @ 3:43 PM | , ,


Hi Friends! Hope you are enjoying the first few days of September - still hotter then ever here in the desert but I am ok with that. When I am not working it keeps me indoors except for the early morning hours when I am out walking my 2 furry 4 legged friends or riding my bicycle :) I can always find something to do - like make a few cards! Hee Hee I really love the color combos in the new My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Collection so I decided to pull some more of that gorgeous paper out & put it to good use!
I stamped the decorative circular image from the Waltzingmouse Faux Fun Circles set then using a S4-116 Standard Circles SM die template, I cut/embossed the image, inked the edges then layered it with a blossom cut using a S4-249 Big Scalloped Circles LG die template. This stamped image is so pretty, I chose to feature it as the focal point of the card with the sweet "BIG hugs" image.

Up close, you can get a good look at all the fine detail that stamps so nicely & the teensy weensy pearls that I adhered in the center of the flowers.
I purchased some pretty flowery trim from a local Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Store. Every time I shop there, a customer service gal asks me if I am on their mailing list - I giggle & tell her yes for the past 26 years! That is some customer loyalty don't ya think? I have been hooked ever since Jr. High when I learned how to sew :) The flowery trim on the card above was originally cream colored but I wanted a tan/caramel color so I sprayed it with Tattered Angels Caramel Apple Glimmer Mist then dried it before stitching it onto the card. The card below has some green flowery trim that was already that pretty green color - no further steps needed :)

I inked up the decorative square rounded image from the Waltzingmouse Very Vintage Labels No. 1 set then used a S4-161 Labels One die template to cut/emboss, inked the edges, stamped a sentiment from the Waltzingmouse Rescue Remedies Additions then topped it off with a lil' pearl in each corner.


Simply stated but I think it surely has an elegant appeal. Would love to hear what you think? Thanks so much for stopping by - Be Sweet!
Supplies Used:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse: Faux Fun Circles, Very Vintage Labels No. 1, Very Vintage Christmas, Rescue Remedies Additions, Sweethearts

Die Templates & Machine: Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® S4-161 Labels One, S4-116 Standard Circles SM, S4-249 Big Scalloped Circles LG, GC-001 Grand Calibur
Paper: My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Collection, Portobello Road/Party, You & Me, Madison Avenue/Girlfriends, PTI
Ink: Memento, Ranger

Other: Prima roses, ribbon & pearls from stash

post signature


 Comments

46 Sweet Comments So Far:

Hearts Turned said...

So beautiful, Mona! Always love your soft, vintage creations! That lace trim is one of my favorites...I need some more!

It's hot here, too...on the coast, our hot time starts in September and goes through October...we're in for it now!

Hope you're having a beautiful day!

Julie

papertrails leaver said...

These are beautiful! I really like the brown and soft blue on the first. Your seam binding is lovely.

Julie Ranae said...

Another gorgeous set of cards, Mona...I grew up going to JoAnn's with my grandmother, who was the seamstress in the family and now I find myself 'visiting' their fine establishment even today...literally....today ; )
Congrats on 600 followers, too!

Ann said...

Guess what - its even hot here in the UK - yes really!!

I love that dyed flowery trim and the stitching on these cards. And that circle stamp trimmed with pearls is just perfect - its on my wish list now!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are gorgeous Mona, you always use the prettiest ribbons/trims, etc.!

Unknown said...

so pretty love the lace and all the embellies....

Dawnll said...

Love the vintage feel but most of all the little details like the pearls and stitching and glimmer mist. Always a wonderful inspiration

Carly said...

Stunning! All of your cards are always so pretty!

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

I am seriously loving those Waltzing Mouse vintage style stamps! Gorgeous creations as always Mona :)

Unknown said...

These are both lovely, Mona! Love the trim! I love the new MME, too.. just pulled some out to work with :)

Yvonne Dalhammer said...

Mona, you are such a busy lady! Love these beauties! Great use of that beautiful lace and I love that stamped sentiment! TFS! Happy September!

Julie said...

Love the trim and the stitching on these gorgeous cards! So vintage and lovely, Mona! Your designs are so beautiful and very interesting to the eye! Just love visiting your site!

Beth Newel said...

Two beautiful cards again, Mona! You crank these out with ease! I'm amazed how consistently beautiful your designs are! I love all the nice layers and textures in your designs! These are so gorgeous! TFS!

Barbara said...

Mona, these cards are just incredible! Grea t job!

GabrielleH said...

Love the labels and the beautiful borders in both these pretty vintage cards! You did such a great job with the colors and the fabulous stamps! I love just about everything you do, Mona!

Davi said...

Mona, these are wonderful... love them both,the dps and the color of the second bow is especially yummy!!

Suzanne C said...

Ohhh Ahhhh... All of them are so beautiful! Love looking at the beautiful elegant details.

Mo Hernandez said...

Love the WM vintage stamps! They are so brilliant! I must place my order immediately! You give me such great inspiration! Your cards are so special!

Carlie said...

Divine and yummy! Love the beautiful borders you used and those stamps are out of this world! Two winners here, Mona! TFS!

~* steph :) *~ said...

your cards are just beautiful, mona! that collection has been on my wish list, hehe. i hope to get it soon. love the colors and patterns. beautiful touches of lace and trim! thanks for sharing and have a great nite! *hugs* steph :)

Unknown said...

I am luv'n both of them.. Sew pretty.. He he
Hey Girly I just saw you have 600 followers..
That is so awesome... Hugs, Linda

Sue Lelli said...

BOTH are FAB however the big Hugs is my FAV! It just reminds me of hows you always say Hugs! LOVE the trim and how you sprayed it to make it a darker color. As always, WONDERFUL cards!

Anonymous said...

WOW! More gorgeous cards! IMakes me want to use my paper...Its so pretty...Its hard to use lol!!!

Penny said...

You are an endless supply of incredible vintage cards, Mona! How do you do it! These two are so exceptional! I love the stamped sentiments and those border treatments are gorgeous! Thanks for some more great ideas!

Ros said...

Simply beautiful! Love the My minds eye Papers ... and the lace is yummy ... your stamping is as always perfection!

Sheila - Ginger said...

Your cards are just so beautiful and elegant Mona...I always admire your work.

Love Sheila xx

Suz said...

I am visiting here for the first time so I hope I can vote ;-) . I came by way of Julie's at A Vintage Chic and think this is very elegant. I love the shape and have those very Nestabilities at home (and have never used them!) I think it is time!

Suz
http://katsuijewelry.blogspot.com

Monique said...

These are so beautiful Mona!! I just love the vintage style and feel all your cards have.. Have a great weekend :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are both gorgoeus Mona. I love the vintage feel and the texture. So elegant.
Have a great weekend!

anya said...

These are stunning, Mona! I always love your color combinations! So very pretty - hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Isabel Jett said...

Mona, you have such a knack for all things vintage! These cards are sensational! Those WM stamps are perfect matches to the SB labels! Everything is so beautiful and elegant! Have a great weekend!

Cecilia said...

What fabulous cards, Mona! Very vintage and elegant! I want to be able to create like this one day! Thanks for the inspiration!

BevL said...

Mona, I hope it cools off for you soon! How do you survive that heat? I guess by staying inside and creating one masterpiece after another! All I can say about these beauties is WOW! Love the lace and flowered borders and that stamp/die combination is so gorgeous! Have a great weekend!

S said...

Hi Mona--These two card are so soft and beautiful. The lace trim, pearls, and bows come together great. Background is wonderfully quiet--kind of offsets the heat outside. Have a great holiday. Sue M.

Kerry said...

I'm glad you are having fun creating and not burning up in that Arizona heat! Your two cards are really amazingly beautiful, Mona! I love how you mix so many interesting papers and textures! It always seems to turn out as a masterpiece! TFS!

Mara Campbell said...

Such beautiful colors, Mona! I love the first one with the blues. So so pretty. Hope you have a GREAT weekend!!

Courtney said...

Amazing cards, Mona! I love both cards equally! Your designs always bring a big smile to my face! Thanks!
PS: Congratulations on hitting 600 followers! Now that's amazing!

KathyO said...

Great job with these beautiful cards! I absolutely adore that flower border that you inked so fabulously! I also love that awesome labels! And as usual, your ribbon and flower are breathtaking!

Trudy said...

Fabulous, Mona! Both of these are gorgeous!

Ginger said...

Glad you are staying inside, keeping cool and cranking out these gorgeous designs! I hope it stays hot there for a bit longer!!! lol! Your cards are magnificent, Mona!

Pamela_U said...

Both of these cards are divine! Such beautiful layers and colors! Also, the WM stamps work so well with those dies! I love the labels so much! TFS!

Silvia said...

Super adorable and gorgeous, Mona! I love, love the lace. Awesome stamping... love the background images too!. I really love the softness of these cards, they look so romantic!!!

Shelly said...

Mona, you always add in the most gorgeous borders and embellishments! I love the labels with the pearls and the flowery trim is so lovely! Great job with these beautiful designs!

Tumbleweed said...

Gorgeous and stunning, both of them! How does she do it...

RobinH said...

Vintage is definitely you, Mona! I love the beautiful lace and flower borders here! Also, those stamped labels are fabulous! I love how the WM stamps match the SB dies! I have more on order because of you!

BethieJ said...

Both are BEAUTIFUL Mona!!!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS