Birthday Wishes 43

Mona Pendleton | Sunday, June 6, 2010 @ 9:00 PM | ,

Happy Birthday Andrea! Today, the Just Us Girls DT is celebrating Andrea's Birthday, (one of our newest DT Members) I hope your special day is as wonderful as you are :) Please hop on over to BOTH Andrea's blog & the Just Us Girls site to wish her a BIG Happy Birthday :)
I created the circular window using a Spellbinders™ Nestabilities S4-114 Standard Circles LG die template. First, I cut the window out of the DP, then adhered a circle cut from a solid piece of cs in the window. I think the off white cs really makes that gorgeous blossom "pop". For sketch inspiration, I joined in the fun & played along with the brand spankin' new Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge Site! From a bird's eye view:
Up close, you can see the multi-layered Big Bloom. Since I am quite new & still getting familiar with my air compressor, I am experimenting a bit. After inking up & stamping 3 various sized images from the Waltzingmouse Stamps Big Blooms: Chrysanthemums set, I sprayed the images using my Copic ABS-3 Airbrush, then using a super sharp pair of scissors, cut each one out. Rubbed the edges with some distressing ink then layered them, fastening a brad in the center. If you look closely, you will notice the flowers are not uniform in color - that was by trial & error! What do you think?

That's all for today - Hope you have a chance to wish Andrea a Happy Birthday :) Thanks so much for taking the time to look & all of your comments are appreciated. Be Sweet!

Supplies Used:

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Big Blooms: Chrysanthemums, Fancy Phrases

Paper: Webster's Pages, Papertrey Ink

Ink: Copic R30 Pale Yellowish Pink, Marker Ranger, Memento

Other: Spellbinders™ Nestabilities S4-114 Standard Circles LG, Shapeabilities™ S4-234 Ribbon Tags Trio Two, W-001 The Wizard™, Copic ABS-3 Airbrush, ribbon, brad, button, lace & twine from stash

post signature


 Comments

43 Sweet Comments So Far:

~* steph :) *~ said...

pretty card! love the colors, lace, pearl, and button & trim. thanks for sharing :)! *hugs* steph :)

Lory (Loryquilt) said...

Your ticket is great! Beautiful the colors the lace .... really fantastic. Ciao

Ann said...

I love the layering of the chrysanthemum - makes a lovely embellishment. Such a pretty girly card!

Anonymous said...

SO beautiful!!

Velta said...

Oh my this is just stunning! Love that lace and the image has been colored to perfection! TFS!

PaperMom said...

Love that SB flower and the lace border! Gorgeous card!

Heather Rogers said...

Fabulous Mona! Love the sewn lace and sweet flower. :)

Fiona said...

Absolutely divine, Mona! That flower is magnificent!

Mirna said...

I wish it were my birthday! This card is so fabulous! Those Spellbinders dies make such a nice flower design! I also love the soft lacey border and the color of your seam binding ribbon!

Margie Higuchi said...

LOVE this card, Mona!!
Great layering of the Chrysanthemum...hmmm, may need to order that set! LOL!!
Don't you love airbrushing? I need to get more practice in but it is great fun!
Thanks for the wonderful inspiration...you rock! xo

Unknown said...

So sweet, I love it! I really love the color of you flower! I'm just getting used to coloring with copic, let alone spraying them.. Hehe.
Sound like that would be fun to play with!

Hugs, Linda

anya said...

This is a stunning card, Mona! I love all the texture, and your layered flower is gorgeous! So glad you could play along with our first sketch challenge!

Julia Aston said...

Your layered bloom looks wonderful Mona - love the soft colors and wonderful lace framing on this!

GabrielleH said...

Hey Mona, this is pretty amazing stuff! Wow, that SB nestie gives great results! I love what you did with this card! Love that border! So many great ideas...

Ruth M said...

Stunning, such a gorgeous card!

Carly said...

So super gorgeous!! Love it!

Courtney said...

Mona, blow me away again and again! What a fabulous looking card! Love that flower!!!!

Davi said...

The flower is beautiful and I love the dimension. The darker colors and the lace framing it make it really pop out.:)

Joanne Gilch said...

Gorgeous, which proves practice can be perfect!!!

Sharon C. said...

Mona, this card is so special! My birthday is coming soon :) I love that magnificent flower!

Roxanne said...

Love that lace border and your beautiful Spellbinders nestie flower! Amazing colors! Mona, you are soooooooooo good!

Andrea M said...

Mona, as always, your work blows me away! It's breath-taking! Thank you so much for the wonderful birthday wishes. I am so honored to be working with such wonderful folks and to have made such special friends- THANK YOU SO MUCH! You all made my day!

Debbi said...

What a wonderful card for your teammate! It is so beautiful and really shows why your work is so well regarded! Absolutely gorgeous design! OMG!

Lory (Loryquilt) said...

Your card is wonderful! The flower in the middle is fantastic! I find your choice of colors ALWAYS wonderful! Ciao Lory

Aislin said...

Stunningly gorgeous! You are one creative gal!

Silvia said...

Stunning, MOna!!! I love your interpretation of the sketch. The lace is gorgeous!! Yes! I agree, the white sc made the flower pop. I love the idea of stamping the image several times and then cut it and add it in layers. Very clever...!!!!

1CardCreator said...

Pretty card Mona, I like your shading of the flower and I love that cute little bird image off to the side, so sweet! Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Katie Cotton said...

this card is just stunning!!!

RobinH said...

Mona, this is another of your beautiful trademark vintage beauties! That flower is such an amazing focal point. I love that SB die and will have to give something like this a try! TFS!

Pamela_U said...

Absolutely stunning, Mona! Just amazing as always!

Suzanne C said...

I think beautiful as always! The flowers color is gorgeous.

Carrie said...

Mona, this card is so fabulous, girl! I love your colors, your DP and that gorgeous flower! You really rocked this sketch and produced a beautiful B-day card for your new teammate!

A Consuming Passion said...

Your card is stunning - love the lace around Webster's Pages pretty card and the stamp you feature is perfect.

Mara Campbell said...

Beautiful! I love the lacey frame!!

B said...

This is stunning! LOVE the lace frame and the flower is just an amazing focal point!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Just beautiful! Love the layers in the flower!!

Gale Evans said...

Beautiful birthday card, Mona! I love the lace border; so well done. I also love that gorgeous flower! Great job!

Carole Beath said...

Another Mona beauty....always the best!
Carole

Lizzy Copland said...

Mona, your card is so phenomenal with that gorgeous flower! I adore your beautiful lace border as well! Amazing design! TFS!

Unknown said...

Mona, Mona, Mona, I just come here to drool all over your blog!! fabulousness as usual!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!

Isabel Jett said...

Mona, this is such a gorgeous creation! That lace border is so pretty and, of course, your SB flower is fabulous! You continue to be my favorite designer. No one else is so consistently amazing!

BethieJ said...

Mona this is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Mona, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the shabby chic look. You do such beautiful work!

Thanks for playing with us at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS