Just Us Girls Challenge......JUGS6 34

Mona Pendleton | Friday, November 6, 2009 @ 10:00 PM | ,

Hi Ladies! Thanks to all who played along last week in the Just Us Girls Wild Card Challenge! I really enjoyed viewing all of the entries! Soooo many GORGEOUS creations! Saturday rolls around before we know it & it's time again for a NEW Just Us Girls challenge! This week Maria is our lovely Hostess & she has challenged us to create using her AMAZING sketch! I hope you can join along in the fun this week :) For complete details, please visit the Just Us Girls challenge site & be sure to visit ALL the DT girls blogs to see how they created their project! Thanks for looking! We look forward to seeing what you can do with Maria's sketch!

Here's my Give Thanks card:

For my main background, I used a piece of DP resembling newspaper print from K&Company. Hopefully that will help stream line my stamping, as I would like to duplicate this card :) I paper pieced the pumpkins however, I used the BossKut Leaf die to make all those lil' leafs!

For color & some texture inspiration, I referred to the picture of the Thanksgiving Pumpkin Luminarias from Martha Stewart Living via Carolina Panache featured this week as the Tuesday Trigger at the Moxie Fab World Blog. For inspiration & a whole lot of fun, please be sure to visit the Moxie Fab World Blog & all the other BEAUTIFUL entries.

I love the soft-subtle green ghords with the dull yellow glow shining through. I attempted to recreate the lattice-like pattern using a Fiskars border punch. LOL

Ingredients Used: Stamps: PTI Fall Elegance, SU Fancy Flexible Phrases Paper: K&Company DP, SU Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Mellow Moss, Sage Shadow, Natural's Ivory Ink: SU Chocolate Chip, Ranger/Tim Holtz Antique Photo Sprinkles: BossKut Leaf die, Spellbinders Scalloped Circle & Circles nesties, Fiskars border punch, PTI button, Offray ribbon, gold cord & brads from stash

post signature


 Comments

34 Sweet Comments So Far:

Dana Gustafson said...

Wonderful Mona! I love the color palette...so soft and gentle. The swirly pumpkins are the perfect choice for emulating the luminaria.

AimeeOh said...

Mona, I love your colors and those leaves on this magnificent card! The pretty bow and tag are the iceing! Great job!

Laura said...

Great looking project. I love the "oxided" look to the leaves and general coloration. The pumpkins with swirls are gorgeous! This is just plain elegant!

Fiona said...

I must say that your lastest is truly elegant and warm! I love the swirled pumpkins and the beautiful leaf treatments! I think you have another masterpiece on your hands! Good going, Mona!

Unknown said...

Yum! THis color combo is just divine! you really rocked this sketch. Stunning card as always! I've had a busy week and sure hope to get to play this week. I have an idea mind already!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Anonymous said...

this is just my cup of tea kind of card! What a gorgeous layout and color sheme.

Mary J said...

Great sketch and you've done a marvellous job with it! Love that blue!

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous! So soft and elegant. The colors combo is more of my absolutely favs - awesome job! Thanks for the inspiration :)

CFLanger said...

This is beautiful Mona! I love the background paper and the colors you used on the pumpkins. This is soooo pretty!

A Little Licht on the Subject... said...

Oh so pretty! I'm going to end up giving in and ordering that PTI set!

S said...

Hey Mona--This card is SO beautiful. The colors are so soft, love the leaves and pumpkins, and the cutouts are great. Like that newsprint idea too. YOU DID GOOD!!!! Keep it up. Sue M

Erica said...

Hi Mona! Love what you did with this card! The newsprint DP is very interesting; not sure I've ever seen that! It really completes that great vintage look! Love those swirled pumpkins too! This is a winner!

Shana said...

wow - so different. elegant.

Julie Ranae said...

Really love this color combination, Mona...I like how you found inspiration from somewhere else and made it your own!

Yesnir said...

Another gorgeous creation, Mona! I love the distressed oxidized coloration and those beautiful swirled pumpkins!

Donna said...

Mona, I like the nice details in the lower third of this card; very interesting combinations! You really did a great job with these somewhat unusual colors! Way to go!

farmhouse-story said...

this is just beautiful! love your color selection!

PaperLover said...

Mona, this is an astonishing card! All the little details are beautiful! Your stamping, your bows, your tags and colors are all perfect! It will be interesting to see what the players come up with this week!

Mandy Gwelton said...

Beautiful card Mona! Great inspiration for this challenge! I love how you put these colors together! Very interesting! I love your designs, always!

RobinH said...

Wow, Mona! I love this design! Those leaves along the side and the different textures and DP are all so beautiful. You make them fit so well together. And of course I love your stampped pumpkins! Terrific job!

AKiteFlier said...

Mona this is a soft, serene, beautiful and soothing color palette. I love the pumpkins and the leaves and the vintage style you've accomplished here. It's just GORgeous girl! Way to rock the sketch :-)

Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful colors!! WOW! LOVE your use of the border punch!!!! :)

Maria said...

you did a fabulous job with the sketch! Simply beautiful with wonderful colors!!

Jessica said...

Lovely card, Mona!!! The colors and design are simply gorgeous. Excellent Thanks Giving greeting card :)

JGoedes said...

Mona, I think you did a terrific job with this sketch! Your color choices are soft and elegant as are your border treatments, bow and tag! Also, those pumpkins are very well done! Perfection!

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Mona! I think it's perfect for the inspiration and the sketch challenge!
Have a great week
Hugs and smiles

Tina said...

Mona...I love how you take several photos for us all to enlarge & really be able to check out all the details on your lovely creation! I absolutely love this card! The leaves , the pumpkins & colors are all so fine together. GREAT JOB!!!!

Maren said...

So super sweet! Love those soft colors for fall..perfect!!

Maren
Paper Crafts Go-to Gal

Davi said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the colors you combined. I especially love the way you stamped the flourishes and trailed the leaves down. Reallllly pretty!!

Cassie said...

mona - this is gorgeous! i love the soft colors that you used for this fall card! it was one of my favs this past week!
cassie
http://www.toptencreations.blogspot.com

LeAnne said...

Well, pick me up off the floor! I love these gourds in real life, why didn't I think to stamp them in these colors.....just beautiful! Nothing more to say----just beautiful! What a great set.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Beautiful card, Mona! Thanks for playing along in this week's Tuesday Trigger!

Cynthia said...

This really caught my eye over on the JUGS blog! I love how you've used non-traditional colors for this Thankgsgiving card.

Mary Chen said...

Another lovely card! Those colors are so stunning! This vintage look is spot on! Loving everything! TFS!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS