patina and silver 16

Mona Pendleton | Saturday, September 3, 2016 @ 10:27 PM | , , , , ,


Hi there! I hope you are having a great weekend! The thermometer is still reaching temperatures above 100 degree but I'm chillin' in my craft room with snowflakes on my mind ;) Today I'm joining along with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2016 Technique Remix September:

Here's my interpretation of the challenge:
Creating the background tag using the Paint Patina technique went well probably because I have created projects using that technique in the past:
as for the Alcohol Ink technique using YUPO paper was a different story. It took several attempts and by the third, I was satisfied. The tag features a variety of pretty snowflakes from Tim's Grungeflakes stamp set along with a Paper Snowflakes die cut layered snowflake:
 Here are a few of my other attempts at the alcohol ink technique on YUPO paper:
It's Day 2 of 30 in 30:
Today I have an 8" x 10" painting to share that was inspired by an online art lesson presented by Hall Groat Oil Painting Video DVD course. The antique silver teapot is one of the subjects to paint in the How to Paint Metal series:
I learned a lot along the way and can't wait to paint another teapot as well as a variety of other metal objects:
I'm linking this painting to the current Paint Party Friday site:
Many thanks for stopping by ~ I hope you have a great weekend!
Be Sweet ;)
post signature


 Comments

16 Sweet Comments So Far:

Fiona said...

Wow, your tag is absolutely gorgeous, Mona! Beautiful wintery them. Can't believe the temperatures where you live! Incredible! Also, your painting is so realistic! Looks like a photo! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Astrid Maclean said...

Love your take on Tim's tag Mona, beautifully put together!! Your painting like always is stunning too!

Sorry for not coming by for so long, but as you may know I have been away for two month and only now getting back into blogging....

Marty F said...

Absolutely gorgeous and your backgrounds have a frosty look to them! Your teapot is amazing!
Congrats on your win for your beautiful August tag :-)

Ros Crawford said...

Well it's pretty cool here! Love your tag and your painting is spectacular ... You really captured the form perfectly!

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVELY tag, Mona!!

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous tag, Mona!! I love your take on Tim's tag!! The background looks amazing!! The stitching is a fabulous touch!! I meant to stop by earlier and congratulate you on your August win, too!! And wow, your teapot is stunning!! It looks so real!! You did a perfect job!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Greta said...

I really love the tag, Mona--the patina with that beautiful blue is stunning! What a lovely painting of the teapot--just amazing!

Denise van Deventer said...

Gorgeous tag and I must really pop along and look at that technique! Gorgeous teapot too...beautifully done! ;-)

Susan Lankford said...

Love your tag, Mona...you are so good at Tim Holtz-type techniques. And the teapot! .... I feel like I could reach out and pick it up!

Mirna said...

Hi Mona! Your tag is gorgeous and your painting has me speechless! That teapot looks absolutely real! You really are so talented!

Patty O'Malley said...

My favorite season is winter, so I love this tag! The teapot looks so realistic!

Lisa Elton said...

Your tag is lovely, but oh my goodness your teapot painting is spectacular! Love the shine you achieved with your paint!!

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous tag Mona! The colors are so pretty and I love all the fabulous details which you have such an eye for! The teapot is amazing and it looks so real! Wow...you constantly deliver such amazing creations! You are one very creative and talented lady! LOVE this!
Sherrie K

Cheryl W. said...

Your tag is so pretty, and your teapot painting is amazing! You learn to paint in new ways so quickly, I can hardly believe it! I couldn't paint a teapot like that in a month of Sundays. I truly love your work, Mona.

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Love your take on the September tag! Love the snowflake background!

sarascloset said...

I saw your lovely tag pinned on Tim's blog and had to swing by to tell you how beautiful it is! Love your patina, but you certainly nailed the alcohol ink resist technique, too! Gorgeous! And your teapot painting is stunning! The colors and sense of depth are wonderful! Hugs!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS