Happy Thanksgiving 18

Mona Pendleton | Wednesday, September 21, 2016 @ 11:48 PM | , , , ,

Happy Fall to my North American crafty friends! Although the temperatures are still in the 90's here in Phoenix, Fall is still in the air :) The morning temperatures are a bit cooler so when I go for a bike ride, I don't have to hit the road by 5 am, I can sleep in until 6:00 am. Today I have a couple of Fall inspired projects to share kicking off the official start of the season. First up is a Happy Thanksgiving card:
Using an assortment of Distress Inks, I inked up a piece of watercolor paper, spritzed with water, dried then using a Prima die, die cut the elegant Maple leaf. The sentiment is from the PTI Fall Elegance stamp set:
For the sketch inspiration, I joined along with the current MOJO Monday sketch challenge:
and for color inspiration, I joined along with the current ColourQ Colour challenge:
It's Day 20 of 30 in 30:
Today I have a fall themed painting featuring a sweet Black-capped Chickadee:
One of the many things that I would like to learn how to paint are various birds so I recently purchased a few how-to books authored by the talented artist, Sherry C. Nelson. Sherry is a decorative painter and her style is much more detailed and precise than I am striving for but I am learning the basics which is my personal goal. I was inspired to paint more impressionistic leaves by one of my other favorite local artists, Krista Eaton. 
Here's how my painting began with my sketched leaves and bird:
I'm linking my painting to the Paint Party Friday site:
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Be Sweet ;)post signature


 Comments

18 Sweet Comments So Far:

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Your card is beautiful and embodies the season. Love your sweet chickadee too. :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Your card is beautiful and embodies the season. Love your sweet chickadee too. :)

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I look forward to seeing your paintings, this one is a stunner . Loving those Autumnal colours. Love your CAS card too, the leaf is gorgeous. Tracy x

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a crisp and beautiful card. Love that dainty red leaf against the white backdrop. Thanks for joining us for Mojo Monday! And your painting is simply fabulous. You captured autumn so beautifully.

Stella said...

Your card and painting are gorgeous! I love these shades of colour and the look of both projects is spectacular!

Astrid Maclean said...

A wonderful card, that leaf looks amazing and I adore your painting!! That little bird is just wonderful!!

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is delicate and lovely Mona! But this sweet little chickadee painting steals my heart today. My husband's hobby is photography and I am proud to have some of his chickadee photos hanging in our home!

Helen Wallace said...

As you head into Fall, we embrace some warmer Spring days with great delight. Love the variety of colours you achieved on your leaf and the clean look of the finished card. As for the Chickadee!! How adorable! Your painting improves every time you do a new post. Lovely work.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I wish I could paint ... This is magnificent! Love the colours to the leaves and the bird is perfect! Beautiful card too Mona with that lovely leaf die!

Tracey McNeely said...

Mona beautiful and oh so sweet!! Thank you for sharing with us at the colourQ this week!

Lynn said...

I love that sweet little chickadee! And those leaves, Swoon!

Lynn said...

I love that sweet little chickadee! And those leaves, Swoon!

Patty O'Malley said...

Pretty card and pretty painting, Mona. I love chicadees!

Greta said...

I'm in awe once again! Gorgeous die cut for your Thanksgiving card, but oh my--the painting stole my heart! Love the bird (I have lots of them at my feeder these days) & your beautiful leaves! Enjoy the weekend, Mona--Fall today, but temps are supposed to get back to the 80s.

Marjan said...

Lovely diecut and beautiful CAS card! Absolutely LOVE your bird on the beautiful branch!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

We are still in the 90's here too!!! I can't believe it!!! I am looking forward to pretty fall colors like your card and painting! Love that little birdie!!!

Val-Belle said...

Another stunner of a card :D Love these. AND... I totally forgot to say that I loved the last painting. Was just so busy yabbing about the card. I love your paintings and this one with the bird is just lovely.

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous card and painting! I love that sweet little chickadee!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS