a season of Blessings 22

Mona Pendleton | Thursday, September 15, 2016 @ 12:12 PM | , , ,

Hi there! This time of year seems to fly by so fast. Before we know it, we'll be ringing in the new year! I combined a couple different PTI stamp sets to create a trio of Autumn inspired cards to mail off to my loved ones.
I dry embossed the background using an oldie but goldie embossing folder :)

For color inspiration, I joined along with the current the paper players challenge:
 and for sketch inspiration, I joined along with the current Pals Paper Arts challenge:
It's Day 14 of 30 in 30:
Up next is a 5" x 7" painting featuring a pear that was inspired by an online art lesson presented byHall Groat Oil Painting Video DVD course. The lesson is about color theory and harmony. This particular painting focuses on COOL/WARM HARMONY A cool/warm harmony is a four-color scheme involving opposing colors. It’s based on a single pair of neighboring warm colors and a single pair of neighboring cool colors.
Still having fun learning how to incorporate the use of a palette knife. It just adds a whole new look and dimension. I'm also getting brave using more bold brushstrokes:

I'm linking my painting to the Paint Party Friday site:
Thanks so much for visiting ~ I hope you have a great day / evening!
Be Sweet ;)
post signature


 Comments

22 Sweet Comments So Far:

stampwithsandy said...

This is beautiful, Mona! I adore that embossing folder. I'm even more impressed with your beautiful oil painting and envy your talent. So glad you joined us this week at The Paper Players!

Lisa said...

What gorgeous cards, Mona!! The embossing looks amazing!! And so perfect with the image!! And wow!! You are mastering every painting technique you try!! Absolutely stunning!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lisa Elton said...

I've never seen this embossing folder, so pretty! Your cards are wonderful Mona and your family will enjoy them. You are on a roll with your pretty pear paintings!!

Dawn Tidd said...

Love this card, it's such a fun way to use the sketch! The pear EF is fabulous. You're painting is great too. Thanks for sharing at the PPA this week!

Helen Wallace said...

Fabulous cards Mona. Love that embossing folder, it goes perfectly with the stamp and with your painting too. TFS

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous cards with the pretty embossing and I love this 5x7 pear painting too! Autumn is in the air! Thanks for sharing!

LeAnne said...

I love your cards....clean, simple and pretty. And a reminder that I don't have but ONE pear stamp and it was too small for what I wanted! But your artwork...WOWZA, that's amazing! I could see it hanging on a wall in a beautiful frame...a beautiful piece of art! Thanks for playing with my color at the Players this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Your trio of cards is sweet as can be! I love that embossed pear background! Your painting is wonderful!

Samra said...

Gorgeously striking set of cards Mona! Love the simplicity and elegance of your creation! I could never pull it off...
The painting looks marvelous my dear!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Colleen Begley said...

Great Fall cards! Love that pear EF background. Thanks for joining the Paper Players this week, Mona.

Patty O'Malley said...

Pretty cards and awesome painting!

Susan Lankford said...

Love your autumn card...have never seen that embossing folder, but it certainly is perfect for this card!

Cheryl W. said...

Lovely cards and lovely painting, Mona! I love the warmth that exudes from all of them.

Christine L said...

Your CAS cards are fabulous Mona... CAS at it's very best.... and then the pear........ just WOW!!!

Christine x

Mirna said...

Beautiful CAS cards, Mona! So elegant! Amazing artwork! So beautiful!

Ros Crawford said...

What lovely cards and I'm loving your painted pears!

Marjan said...

Lovely cards, love their design and elegance! The painting is stunning, it's almost real!
Thank you for the get well wishes, Mona. Shoulder is okay again and I'm back to blogging. Have a lovely weekend!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous card, Mona! I love the texture!

Beth Beard said...

Gorgeous set! The embossed background is so pretty.Also, your painting is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us this week at PPA.

Greta said...

You are quite the student, Mona--each painting is better & better! Love your Fall cards--wonderful use of the sketch & such a neat embossing folder!

Ginger said...

Clean & classic Mona! Great card. Thanks for playing with the PPA this week!

Val-Belle said...

hehehe Another awesome combo. The painting is so lifelike it makes my mouth water and I just love CAS anything so the cards for me are a win.


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS