just because 18

Mona Pendleton | Wednesday, September 14, 2016 @ 10:21 AM | , , , ,

Hi there! Today I have a couple of very different projects to share. First up is a rather clean and simple card that I made for my dear sister:
I was not only inspired for color by the color throwdown inspiration graphic but also by the fancy flowers featured in the graphic. Here's my attempt to create a felt / paper hand stitched flower embellishment:
Here's  the current Color Throwdown color challenge inspiration graphic:
 and for the card sketch inspiration, I joined along with the current Fusion challenge:
It's Day 13 of 30 in 30:
Up next is a 5" x 7" painting featuring a pear that was inspired by an online art lesson presented by Hall Groat Oil Painting Video DVD course. The lesson is about color theory and harmony. This particular painting focuses on an ANALOGOUS HARMONY which is a color scheme that is defined as a simple harmony and is built upon two or three colors (I limited myself to 2 colors) that are adjacent to one another on the color wheel.  I also incorporated a new technique which is referred to as "fracturing" thatI learned from one of my favorite artists Julie Ford Oliver:
I'm having fun learning how to incorporate the use of a palette knife. It just adds a whole new look and dimension:


I'm linking my painting to the Paint Party Friday site:
Thanks so much for visiting ~ I hope you have a great day / evening!
Be Sweet ;)
post signature



 Comments

18 Sweet Comments So Far:

Cheryl W. said...

Your card is so beautiful, Mona. I just love that embossed pattern. It adds such elegance. Your painting is wonderful, too. I really appreciate the info you give about the techniques you're learning. So interesting! Thank you for taking the time to do that.

JoAnn said...

Love your pretty card and that adorable felt/paper flower.
Lovely painting also.

Heather Rogers said...

Gorgeous! Love the hand stitching on your felt flower.

Your pear looks scrumptious! Yum!

Lisa said...

Both of your projects are stunning, Mona!! The card is so beautiful!! I love the embossing!! Your flower is so gorgeous!! And wow!! The pear is amazing!! I love the colors!! Spectacular!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Helen Wallace said...

I'm a big fan of your clean and simple cards Mona, they always super elegant. Like Cheryl, I'm enjoying the explanation of the techniques you share with your painting. The shadow and highlights on the pear really bring it to life. Have a good weekend :D

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow!! Love that floral embellishment that is such a perfect take on the inspiration photo! All the white on white textured background makes it really pop! Thanks so much for playing along at CTD!

Lisa Elton said...

You've captured the inspiration photo beautifully Mona! This is wonderful. I like all of the texture. Another pretty pear painting!

Samra said...

WOW! Gorgeous card Mona, so striking! And the pear looks so fresh, mouthwatering art! LOL
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Ros Crawford said...

LOvely card with your pretty flower! Your painting is superb! LOVE the colours and it looks so delicious ... I really love the look of the BG!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful card for your sister, Mona - love the embossed panels and lovely felt/paper flower - and your pear is just gorgeous! wonderful accent coloring to make it look 3D! Julia xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Stunning work as always Mona. Your paintings are absolutely amazing. Very talented . Tracy x

Patty O'Malley said...

What a pretty card and painting, Mona!

Susan Lankford said...

Beautiful card, Mona...wow!...hand-stitching...so cute! And a green pear...now I am familiar with that color of pear....lovely painting!

Mirna said...

Beautiful projects, Mona! Amazing embossing and love the stitching!

Greta said...

Your layered flower is stunning & love the dry embossed background! I really love how you painted the pear--beautiful work, Mona!

Andreja said...

What a beautiful card you made :-)) And your pear is so fantastic!
Hugs, Andreja

cm said...

WOW! Your card is absolutely stunning; love the colours and, of course, the layout! So glad you shared your artistry in the FUSION gallery! Your pear...oh my stars! Work of art!
~carol

Michelle said...

So I came to look at your gorgeous card and then my jaw dropped when I saw your pear. It's beautiful, Mona! I could look at it for hours. Really. :-)


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS