happy Birthday to you! 12

Mona Pendleton | Wednesday, September 7, 2016 @ 11:48 PM | , ,

Hi there! Today I have a couple of projects to share featuring peonies. First up is a birthday card that I made for my dear MIL who will be celebrating her birthday this Saturday, September 10th. I used her favorite two colors pink and green.
I inked up the pretty peony image from PTI's Pretty Peonies stamp set:
For card sketch inspiration, I joined along with the current retrosketches sketch challenge. While typing this post, I realized I completely forgot to glue on the sequins! LOL Oh well, at least the card should arrive in her Louisiana mailbox by Saturday :)
Up next is my painting for Day 6 of 30 in 30:
I was in the mood to paint some abstract flowers so I painted this 8" x 10" canvas featuring a few silk peonies in a blue glass jar:



Here's my source of inspiration:
I'm linking my painting to the current Paint Party Friday site:
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Be Sweet ;) post signature





 Comments

12 Sweet Comments So Far:

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous card! Love the design and your painting is beautiful! Love the mirror effect you captured there

Astrid Maclean said...

Such a gorgeous card and a truly stunning painting again, - you are such an artist!!

Christine L said...

A beautiful card and a wonderful abstract painting Mona... You are so clever!!

Christine x

Samra said...

Gorgeous CAS card and wonderful painting! The flowers look great, but the blue jar is simply mesmerizing!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love the beautiful flower!! It looks amazing!! And wow - your painting is stunning, Mona!! The jar is so beautiful and I love the reflection!! Spectacular!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lisa Elton said...

A pretty card AND a pretty painting!! Happy birthday wishes to your MIL!!

Cheryl W. said...

Your card and painting are so pretty. Peonies are one of my favorite flowers. They are just so full and luscious and can be intensely colored. You've really captured their essence. Have a great weekend.

Helen Wallace said...

It's always a joy to visit your blog for a big fix of vibrant colour and expert crafting. The card is a delight and the painting such a splendid piece, especially love the blue reflection.

Sue Lelli said...

Your MIL will LOVE this card! You should send her that GORGEOUS painting as well!

Patty O'Malley said...

Sweet card, Mona! The painting is beautiful!

Davi said...

Mona your card is Beautiful even without the sequins:) I love all the white and pretty pink blossom! Of course your MIL will be delighted especially with her favorite colors! Your painting is Wonderful Wonderful, I love your jar and bold colors :)

Greta said...

That card doesn't need sequins--clean, fresh & beautiful! I love your painting, Mona--the 2 tone blooms & shadows on the table--amazing work!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS