Purple Butterflies & Posies - More My Time Made Easy.... 36

Mona Pendleton | Tuesday, January 19, 2010 @ 10:32 PM | , ,

Hi Everyone! Today, I am sharing a few cards that I made featuring various MTME © Pretty Impressions stamps & Pretty Printables © Paper.

This first card was quite simple to make. A little bit different from my usual style but I was pleased with the outcome. What do you think? I focused on the one of the many beautiful MTME © All A Flutter Sentiments image. I stamped the image then centered the Spellbinders Labels 1 die over & ran it through my Sizzix Big Shot Express machine then layered it on a larger brown frame. The background was embossed using the Cuttlebug Florished Farm EF. I trimmed it to size then rubbed on a bit of Ranger Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink.

Each flower embellishment on this particular card was made by layering the wonderfully whimsical MTME © Pretty Printables Fluttering-by brown Definitions digital paper, SU Elegant Eggplant & Kraft cs.

I cut various sized flowers with the Spellbinders Dahlia & Blossoms dies, embossing some layers with the Cuttlebug Flourish EF.

For color inspiration, I played along with the current embellish magazine challenge using the color combination of purple, brown & kraft. This color palette is very pretty so I made several cards with it but you may notice the challenge is to not only to use these colors but you must incorporate stripes on your project as well!

Here is my Lovely Butterfly card:

To make my Lovely Butterfly card, I started by stamping the heartfelt MTME © Pretty Impressions All A Flutter Sentiments image then cut it out using a Spellbinders Long Rectangle die. I layered it on a scalloped rectangle cut from a piece of SU Elegant Eggplant cs using the Spellbinders Scalloped Long Rectangle die. As you can see, the sentiment refers to Butterflies & Love, so I took this & ran with it! I made a few layered heart embellishments using the Spellbinders Scalloped Hearts & Hearts dies. The MTME © Pretty Printables Fluttering-by digi paper is so versatile, I love to use it in making my own embellishments of sorts!

This butterfly embellishment was so much fun to make! I love how the MTME © Pretty Impressions All A Flutter stamp set comes with so many different butterfly "parts", allowing you to mix & match to get that perfect image for your project! I previously posted a "mini" tutorial (Butterfly Garden) showing just how easy it is to make your own butterfly embellishments using this awesome, versatile set. Once I stamped the butterfly image & cut it out I layered it with a butterfly that was cut using the MTME © Pretty Pieces: Flowers & Flutters cut file. These two products make a perfect pair!

Here is my Fluttering Hearts card:

For sketch inspiration, I played along with Sarah's fun Bonus sketch at 2Sketches4You. I thought it was an awesome sketch to showcase these beautiful MTME © All A Flutter Butterfly images! The center butterfly embellishment is the same as the one I made for the previous Lovely Butterfly card & the two accent butterflies I made by first inking up the "solid body" butterfly image with SU Sahara Sand, stamping then stamping the butterfly "outline" image with SU Chocolate Chip. I cut these sweet little butterflies out by hand, embossed them with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots EF then layered them with the butterfly cut using the MTME © Pretty Pieces Flowers & Flutters cut file.

REMEMBER: Mark your calender for February 1st so you don't miss the MTME © February Release! You will not be disappointed! :)

That is all I have for today! I hoped you found some ideas & inspiration to get you creating! Please be sure to visit Lauren, as she usually posts daily & all the DT girls, you just never know what you may see! While you are out & about visiting, please stop by both the embellish magazine blog & 2Sketches4You to gaze at all the eye candy! Thanks for stopping by & if you use any of these MTME © products, please share the link with me :) I would love to see them all!

I am super excited to be attending my first CHA! I will be heading to Anaheim, CA this weekend & I hope to share daily goodies that I find with you here on my blog! I am looking forward to meeting some of my "Cyberfriends"! If you are going, please email me & lets arrange a "meet-up"! I would love to put a "face" with a "name" :) Be Sweet!

Supplies Used:

Stamps: MTME © Pretty Impressions All A Flutter & All A Flutter Sentiments

Paper: MTME © Pretty Printables Fluttering-by & Shutt-erfly,

SU Elegant Eggplant, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Natural's Ivory, Very Vanilla

Cut Files: MTME © Pretty Pieces: Flutters & Flowers

Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Vintage Photo, SU Sahara Sand, Elegant Eggplant, Chocolate Chip

Sprinkles: Spellbinders Labels 1, Labels 5, Scalloped Rectangle & Hearts, Rectangles & Hearts, Cuttlebug EFs, PTI buttons & twine, Making Memories hardware, Quickutz EF, SU Brass template

post signature


 Comments

36 Sweet Comments So Far:

Shanna said...

Oh! I'm in love with each of your creations! Yummy stuff! Thanks for playing along with us!

Annette Bowes said...

Oh Mona, these are just wonderful, just love the colour, lovely stitching too, take careX:)

Aussieleigh said...

Love what you have done with the 2nd 2S4U sketch - the butterflies and the colours are gorgeous!

Joy said...

That's so beautiful! love the butterflies! :) TFS!

Silvia said...

Stunning cards Mona! What a fun and great designs. I love them all!!!

Dawn Cosgrove said...

Such beautiful cards Mona!! Love them!!!

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful cards Mona, they look so soft and elegant. Lucky you, going to the CHA!!! Can't wait to see what you share with us. ~Diane

Kathy Martin said...

What stunning cards! So lovely and detailed! Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

Monique said...

Oh my goodness,,I love all these cards..just a tad of purple makes them stand out so beautifully..Just got my stamps in the mail yesterday going to ink them up today :)...

Isabel Jett said...

Great looking cards, Mona! That purple is so rich looking! The butterflies are so perfect!

Jessica Hernandez said...

All of these are very pretty! Actually, jaw-dropping! TFS!

Kathryn B said...

All three are beautiful Mona! The purple reaaly pops! Love how you tied the button onto the butterfly embellishment...very clever! Wish I was going to CHA...I would think I'd died and gone to heaven! LOL Have fun!

Beth said...

I love the designs on all three cards! Your butterflies are gorgeous and I love the embossing! Great job. I am planning on attending CHA as well. Perhaps we can meet up?

cnelson said...

gorgeous, gorgeous work!! I so love the plum!! Always a treat to see what you've created!!

Unknown said...

They are ALL gorgeous, Mona! Can't wait to meet you.. Have a safe trip!!

Lori said...

Great colors and beautiful butterflies! I love the MTME stamps and paper! Stunning work!

Anonymous said...

wow SO PRETTY ! Love the Lovely Butterfly card , adorable !
♥ Uyen. ♥

Christina said...

Mona, I have been lurking about your blog for some time now and have finally signed up to follow! I absolutely love your style! You are one of my favorite paper designers on the web! You are incredibly talented and I look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous creations like the beauties in this post.
Many smiles,
Christina

Isabel Jett said...

Terrific looking set of cards Mona! You always amaze me. You have to be the most prolific designer out there! Do you ever have time for mundane tasks, like sitting down to watch TV? I guess you have to work when your MoJo is there!!! Love it!

Maria said...

Mona, you make very beautiful! All the cards are wonderful! Thanks you!

Davi said...

Gosh Mona, these are soooo fabulous! I love those flowers and those beautiful butterflies.

AKiteFlier said...

Wuunnnerful ah wunnerful! LOVE the 1st card especially - you've been busy - now I know why I hear the sewing machine in the BG when I call LOL. Have a FAB time at CHA - jealous here but dying to live it all through you.

farmhouse-story said...

your flowers are adorable and i LOVE your fluttering hearts card!

Charlene Austin said...

OH. MY. WORD. These are just wonderful!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

As always these are so beautiful!!!

Carol H said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Mona! How do you do it?

BethieJ said...

Mona I LOVE the cards.. they are all so PRETTY!!! Have a WONDERFUL time at CHA!!! (I am only going in my DREAMS! HA!!!) Cant wait to see what you share with us!! :)
have a GREAT day!

Teri Holister said...

Great designs, Mona! Can't wait to hear/see what goodies you find at CHA! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Karen said...

What a fantastic trio of cards! Love those flowers on the first and your butterflies on the the other two! Have a wonderful time at CHA...can't wait to hear/read of your adventures! :>

Mary Chen said...

Excellent job with the beautiful cards, Mona! Great textures and perfect use of these pretty colors! Bravo!

HeatherCz said...

Mona, what a beautiful set of cards! All of them are amazing! I love those flowers and the embossing! I have a hard time making 1 card, let alone 3!!! You are amazing!

RobinH said...

What fun designs! Love the butterflies! Hope you have fun at CHA; wish I could be there!

Unknown said...

you are amazing - you know that right? Really your blog is such a pleasure to visit
Hugs
K

Mariana Grigsby said...

These cards are gorgeous! I love all the texture! Thanks for playing along with us!

Ruby said...

Your cards are beautiful!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is great, Mona! Love the texture and those flowered embellishments too on the other card! Great!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS