One Of A Kind... 26

Mona Pendleton | Friday, January 15, 2010 @ 8:30 AM | , , , ,

Hello Everyone! T.G.I.F. :) Are you one of the LUCKY ones who have a loooong Holiday weekend? Unfortunately for me, working in a hospital we are open 24 / 7 & only recognize 6 of the major Holidays throughout the year :( I am not much of a football fanatic but I do try to cheer our home team on, the Phoenix Cardinals. Well, the "Cards" are playing this weekend in a playoff game against the New Orleans Saints. My DH is torn because he was born & raised in Louisiana! I am sure he will be happy either way :) Anyways, I made this card simply to have on hand. For color inspiration, I played along with the girls at the Color Throwdown, CTD75, using this rich palette of colors that LeAnne has chosen. If you want to see some gorgeous creations, I recommend visiting all the samples of inspiration that these girls have provided :)

Here is my One Of A Kind card....

I started making this card by first inking up the Rubber Stampede Music Background stamp with Memento Tuxedo ink. After cutting down to size, I sort of sat there looking at it, thinking hmm..."what now?" I knew I wanted to stamp some sort of flower image with the beautiful SU Rich Razzleberry ink.

So I inked up this particular flower image from the PTI Flower Garden set with SU Rich Razzleberry ink & stamped it on a separate piece of paper. I cut out the flower image because it just looked too flat to me. I set it aside, then stamped the PTI stem/leaf image, centered a Spellbinders Labels 5 die over the image then sent it through my Sizzix Big Shot Express machine. Still too "flat", I gave it some texture by sandwiching the Label in the Cuttlebug flourish EF.

Back to the stamped Music Background. It was too "blah" looking so I dressed it up by randomly stamping stems & flower images. The wee little tag was cut using a Spellbinders Labels 5 die centered over the stamped embossed sentiment. That was a little plain too, so I inked up the edges with Ranger Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink & stamped a few stem images. Happy now, I stitched up the card :)

That's it for today, I hope you stop by tomorrow as it is Saturday & that means time for a new Just Us Girls challenge! I am curious, do you have a favorite image that you like to "dress" up a plain background with? A flourish, a leaf... I would love to know! Be Sweet!

Ingredients Used:

Stamps: PTI Flower Garden, SU One Of A Kind, Rubber Stampede Music Background Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Vintage Photo, Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Rich Razzleberry, Garden Green, Mellow Moss Paper: SU Rich Razzleberry, Garden Green, Mellow Moss, Very Vanilla Sprinkles: Spellbinders Labels 5, Making Memories hardware, Cuttlebug Flourish EF, Offray ribbon, EK Success border punch, (gold cord, embossing powder & button from stash)

post signature


 Comments

26 Sweet Comments So Far:

Yesnir said...

Wow, this is beautiful as well, Mona! I love that pretty flower! That PTI stamp is lovely! Great mix of colors! Good luck to your Cardinals this weekend!

Carol H said...

This is very elegant and graceful! I love all your little touches! That flower is amazing! Great job and good luck on the CTD challenge!

Cheryl Love said...

Mona, this is beautiful! I love the music staff and the way you used the flower stamp in the foreground and background! Very creative as usual!

Chris said...

Very beautiful! Great job Mona! The CTD girls will love this!

BethieJ said...

Mona this is just BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the colors, and the stamped music paper is FABULOUS!!! THANKS for taking the time to stop by my blog too! your alwasy so sweet!!!
Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!

Julie Ranae said...

ooooh babee...this is really great!

I have one particular stamp from Paper Inspirations that is my go-to stamp for dressing up just about anything. It's old school, wood-mounted and SO reliable!

Kathryn B said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! card Mona!

Shana said...

Gorgeous! and I love the colors. Those were my wedding colors. :)

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful piece of artwork, Mona! That music background is the perfect background for those gorgeous flowers!!

dj said...

I love it!! the music in the back ground is such a nice touch!! love all the extras you gave it as well!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the CTD challenge!!

Monique said...

This is absolutley beautiful..Love everything about it :)!!

AKiteFlier said...

Mmmm Mmmmm Good! Mmmm mmmm good - That's what Cupcake's Creations are - mmmm mmmmm good :-)
Beautiful Mona - fabulous job with the CTD colors. I like the CB texture on the tag - gorgeous girly

Cardmaking-Companion said...

Wow, I love this card - to me it's a mixture of modern and classic. The colours work so well together.
Your attention to detail is quite inspiring.

CFLanger said...

Wow this is gorgeous Mona! I love the music background!

farmhouse-story said...

this is beautiful, mona! love all the different layers, esp. the music paper!

Ginger said...

This card is gorgeous, Mona! Love that purple flower and your tag! You're rocking the CTD!

Unknown said...

I can't imagine anything you do being "blah" I think this card is incredible! love the music paper, the embossing and the violet! Stunning!
Hopefully the weekend will go easy on you..at the hospital.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Lesley said...

This is so pretty!!! Love all of the elements you have brought it...

Smiles,
Lesley :)

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card Mona, I love how you added a touch of green, and the flowers to the Music sheet background. It's unexpected, yet it adds another layer of dimension to it. The big pearl button is a gorgeous finishing touch. Sorry you have to work this weekend. ~Diane

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Mona! You always do such a nice job combining colors, elements and textures! Love that music background as well as your embossed panel! Thanks for playing!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow Mona, this is beautiful! LOVE the music background, and all your great details! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

And no 3-day weekend for me! :( In fact, I'm at work now!

Tammy L said...

Wow! This is stunning! That central flower is gorgeous and it is accented so well by the sheet music DP with the other purple flowers! It almost appears 3D! I love what you did here!

GabrielleH said...

Mona, this card is sooooooooo beautiful! That flower with it's gorgeous purple color and pretty stem and leaves are amazing! And to top it off, I love how you embossed the whole thing! Great job!

Lauren said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the technique!

Mara Campbell said...

oh, that purple color is beautiful!!! What a great card. I am one of those lucky ones with Monday off, unfortunately we are having a huge rainstorm coming in. Probably a good excuse to stay home and scrap! LOL!! Have a great weekend!

Krista said...

Gorgeous card !!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS