Just Us Girls Wild Card Challenge...JUGS18 32

Mona Pendleton | Friday, January 29, 2010 @ 10:00 PM | , , , , , ,

Hi Everyone! Thanks to all who played along with last week's Just Us Girls template challenge - so many creative gift packaging ideas! Darling Dana is our wonderful Hostess of the JUGS18 Wild Card challenge this week & she challenged us all to create a Pennant Banner to decorate our home. BONUS: focus on LOVE or VALENTINE'S DAY! Whatever your heart desires! If you are like me & have never made a pennant banner, please don't be afraid, give it a try & check out Jenn's awesome tutorial on SCS & the gallery for some inspiration:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/pennant_banner/

Here is my BE SWEET pennant banner:(I apologize for the huge photo, but it is difficult to read if it is any smaller) My Dearest Mother-In-Law, Barbara, is the one responsible for teaching me the two words: Be Sweet :) Barbara is a very soft spoken Sweet Southern women, who speaks slow & softly with a lovely Southern drawl :) Now for some pennant details: I cut the actual triangular shapes using the Cricut Celebrations cartridge then using the Sizzix Bigz Scalloped card die, I cut the scalloped edges. After rubbing the edges with Ranger Tim Holtz Vintage photo ink, I cut the scalloped strips to size (8"), then adhered them to the pennant fronts. The back side looked messy so I cut plain pink triangles, adhered them on then stitched the 3 layers together.Once the layers were stitched together, I inked up several images from the Lizzie Anne Designs Vintage Valentine set & randomly stamped the pennant. All the letters were cut using the Cricut Plantin Schoolbook cart. The cool feature on this cart is the Shadow button. Which means, once I cut the letters from the Making Memories DP, I then used the Shadow feature to cut the same letters from Bazzill Pomegranate cs. After all the letters were cut, I simply layered & adhered them together.The Prima flowers are goodies I purchased at CHA. I rubbed on a bit of Ranger Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink to give them a little aged look. ALL the other flowers that you see were cut using various Cricut carts.When I was at CHA, I stumbled upon the Making Memories Love Struck DP line! I had this project in mind, so I scooped up a few sheets :)I fastened Memory Makers XL Grommets to all the corners with my Crop-a-Dile 11, then looped a piece of ribbon between 2 pennants & tied a bow to connect them.

I hope you can join along with Just Us Girls this week :) For complete details, please visit the Just Us Girls challenge site & be sure to visit ALL the DT girls (found on my side bar) & Gabby, JUGS January Guest Designer. Thank you so much Gabby for sharing your awesome artistic flair with Just Us Girls! It was all our pleasure :)

Once you have your pennant banner photographed, be sure to go to Just Us Girls and post a direct link to your project on our Mr. Linky. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by! Be Sweet!

Ingredients Used: Stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs Vintage Valentine Paper: Making Memories Love Struck, Bazzill Pomegranate, Cameo Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Vintage Photo, SU Chocolate Chip Sprinkles: Spellbinders Scalloped Heart die, Cricut Celebrations, Accent Essentials, Plantin Schoolbook cartridges, Prima flowers, Making Memories hardware, Offray ribbon, buttons, twine, white cs from stash

REMINDER: Mark your calendar for the February MTME Release on FEBRUARY 1st! Lauren has some new great products & she will be offering a Give Away on her blog!

post signature


 Comments

32 Sweet Comments So Far:

GinaB said...

Mona, once again, you are blowing me away. This pennant is amazingly gorgeous! Every pane is perfect! I don't think I've ever seen anything this incredible before (and I do get around :)!

Dana Gustafson said...

Mona! Gasp! These are 8 seperate masterpieces all strung together to make one amazing banner! Wow! You have made that gorgeous DP even lovlier with your specal and "be sweet" touch. Bravo!

Heidi said...

Mona, this is pretty amazing! You obviously put a lot of work (and love) into this project. It is absolutely gorgeous! Dana is right, each one is a masterpiece in and of itself! I'm slowly picking my jaw off the floor!!! Cheers!

Carole Beath said...

Whoaaaaa.....I've looked at this darling banner 3 times drinking in the beauty. I love every single detail that you put into each triangle/flag. It's just beautiful. I must make one.... right now I am sewing like a mad woman because on Feb 5th the 3 gals from Tucson come up for a 3 day card making marathon. We have soooooo much fun. So sewing is taking front control right now because all those sewing tables come down for a week. Hugs,
Carole

1CardCreator said...

Just too beautiful Mona, all the colors, flowers, sewing, bows and aged effect all came together so beautifully in this banner! Outstanding job! Take care, ~Diane

Debbie said...

SIMPLY STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the prettiest creations I've seen to date! Fantastic job. Love the details, love the layering, love the cut letters using the Cricut (have to give that a try on mine). Absolutely breathtaking -- WONDERFUL JOB :)

Unknown said...

This is AMAZING, Mona!! Such a lovely addition to your beautiful home! I absolutely love that saying and now I will think of you whenever I see/hear it!!

Lisa Kind said...

Gorgeous, just gorgeous! Love all the patterns, flowers, colors and dimension going on here! I have to play with that silhouette feature...I think I could have used that on my banner! And I love how you "tied" all the pennants together...great idea1 Great job on the challente and love the sentiment!

AKiteFlier said...

S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G and a true masterpiece. You could SO sell these for lots of $$ - they are true works of art - one of your commenters said that each pane is a work of art unto itself and that's SO true! Beautiful soft vintage, shabby chic look and a beautiful way to remind people of your "tag line" to be sweet. If more of us were sweet there would be less hatred and heartache in the world. A beautiful project, as always.

Julie Ranae said...

The day the challenge is to 'keep up with Mona Pendleton' is the day I retire from all things creative! :o)

Really beautiful work, Mona....breathtaking!

Silvia said...

This is beautiful Mona! I love the letter with the printed background. It is so Shabby Chic! I love everything about it.

Sarah Anderson said...

Wow, wow, wow. Mona this is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! What an awful lot of work but worth every minute spent on it, it's amazing.

Julie said...

Mona,
What a beautiful banner - you can see so much love and care has gone into making it. It is truly beautiful.
I hope everything is going well.
Take Care and Lots of Love - Ju xx

Hilary Stock said...

OMG, This is simply amazing! No other words can describe it! I just can't believe how creative you are! I want your skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pammy said...

Ok, this is really stunning, Mona! What a project! It's like 8 different cards all in one and every single one is a masterpiece. I am in awe!

AimeeOh said...

Wow, Mona! What can I say, you are in a league of your own! Your designs are just gorgeous, creative, inspiring and head and shoulders above the rest!

Kathryn B said...

Your banner is beautiful Mona! Love your colors and all the detail! It looks like I could reach right behind your letters they're perfectly shadowed. I'm glad you mentioned the tutorial for the banner! I've never made one so it was very helpful. :0)

Unknown said...

Oh hun, how is this for some lovely inspiration! I'm crazy about it! I love the vintage feel to it and all the flowers and ribbons! Just gorgeous as always! Love every detail in it!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Carol Reisner said...

Beautiful banner, Mona! Love the Shabby Chic look! All eight parts are so unique and truly beautiful! I love those flowers and hearts! It seems that everything you touch is priceless!

Chris said...

You are one amazing and talented girl! What a design! I love the rich colors and details especially the gorgeous papers you used! You need to save this one forever!

farmhouse-story said...

mona, this is just so gorgeous!

Maria said...

WOW, this is simple beautiful! Love the sentiment you used, your MIL sounds like a sweet woman. Fabulous colors and details, looks great on the mantle! Makes the perfect valentine's decoration! nice job.

Stacey Pembroke said...

This is so very pretty, Mona! I think it's really amazing that you did 8 individual items! It was worth it! I've never seen something so beautiful! Way to go! Very inspiring!

Heather Rogers said...

This is wonderful, Mona! Thanks for the tip on using the gromets. I have those and they have just been sitting there. I will try and get one made tomorrow. I have wanted to do a banner for some time now.

Kathy Jones said...

I saw this at SCS!!! Absolutely AMAZING!!!! I'm so glad I popped by the blog to see the close up pics - such beautiful colours and detailing!!!

S said...

Mona--You are too much. What imagination. The banner is a great (and very timely) idea. I love the way you embelished each flag individually. You produced a beautiful piece. Sue M.

Mara Campbell said...

Just gorgeous Mona!! I love all the scallops and the beautiful color combination. I have always wanted to make one of those banners...I hope I can have it done in time. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jennifer Jones said...

So impressive! What a lovely project! Each one is unique and gorgeous in it's own right! You are really a talented girl!

Kathy M said...

Great job and very inspiring design, Mona! The best I've seen!

Lisa said...

This is just too beautiful! It is obvious that you put an amazing amount of time and love into this project! Really gorgeous results!

Nancy said...

I enjoy perusing your blog, lots of creative and very interesting color combinations and of course I love Lauren Meader's templates.
Thank you.
Nancy

tina grennan said...

I really like your card with the white flowers that embossed that has given me a new idea for using my cuddle bug!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS