Baby Blues....More My Time Made Easy 38

Mona Pendleton | Thursday, January 7, 2010 @ 9:54 PM |

Hi Friends! Today, I am here to show you yet another way to use the My Time Made Easy LLC © Pretty Impressions: All A Flutter stamp set along with My Time Made Easy LLC © Pretty Printables: All A Flutter paper & My Time Made Easy LLC © Pretty Packaging Shutt-erfly template. Our dear friends, DiDi & Quintin, just welcomed the arrival of Baby Boy Kingsley to their family so, I made them this gift set.

Lauren & Pam will be sharing their awesome creations today, so please hop on over to their blogs to see what they have done!

Here is my Baby Blues gift set:

I made a coordinating card & Shutt-erfly © gift box to accompany my gift. (NOTE: the baby shoes in the photo were my 21 yr old son's first pair of shoes & the teddy bear came from my 19 yr old daughter's collection that I am saving because I know, one day they will both want these treasures :) The Shutt-erfly © template is so useful for any occasion gift giving & you can easily embellish all 4 sides. I love this All A Flutter © Brown Polka Dot printable paper :) (I probably sound like a broken record, but I really hope Lauren offers this in EVERY color imaginable! It is so pretty & versatile!)
To make this tag, I first cut a circle using a Spellbinder's circle die from a piece of SU Very Vanilla cs, then I embossed the Cuttlebug baby foot prints. I placed the sweet image from the All A Flutter © stamp set on the stamping block sort of bending it as I secured it in place, then I inked it up with SU Chocolate Chip ink & stamped. I rubbed some Ranger Tim Holtz ink around the edges & gently around the embossed image, then layered with various sizes of Spellbinder's Scalloped Circles. I embellished all four sides of the Shutt-erfly © box with some multi-layered flower embellies. Some are made using various Shutt-erfly © & All A Flutter © Pretty Printables paper. How cool is that to make your own coordinating embellies?! If you run low, just print some more :)For color inspiration, I played along with the fun colors in Dawn's RSCC #21 & for sketch inspiration, I played along with Mercy's awesome sketch challenge, MTSC55. If you want some wonderful inspiration, I recommend visiting both of these sites & see what these girls, as well as the other players have created :)

That is all I have to share today. Thanks for looking & remember if you create something, anything using these products, please share! Be Sweet!

Tomorrow, I will be back with another Just Us Girls challenge & I am the Hostess :)

Supplies Used:

Template: My Time Made Easy LLC © Pretty Packaging Shutt-erfly
Stamps: My Time Made Easy LLC © Pretty Impressions: All A Flutter, SU Fancy Flexible Phrases, PTI Scattered Showers
Paper:My Time Made Easy LLC © Pretty Printables: All A Flutter & Shutt-erfly, SU Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, PTI Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart

Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Vintage Photo, SU Chocolate Chip, Craft White
Other: Cricut Expressions, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots & Baby EF's, scalloped flower dies, Spellbinders Scalloped Circles & Circle, Labels 5 die, Offray ribbon, EK Success flower punches, PTI buttons & Twine, brads & eyelet from stash, SU chalk

post signature


 Comments

38 Sweet Comments So Far:

Jocelyn said...

Very cute cards. I am just getting into these challenges and I am loving doing it!

Canda said...

These are so precious! I agree, having that polka dot paper in every color would be fantastic!

AKiteFlier said...

OH my gosh Mona - I LOVE the aqua, brown and yellow color combo - and I agree those DOTS are fab papers. the way you stamped the Perfect sentiment is - well - perfect! Great way to showcase a flexible feature of clear stamps and SUCH an adorable tag. All your flowers and embellishments are just divine - the whole set is wonderfully staged with the shoes and teddy from your own sweet babies. You are doing a smashing job of showcasing Lauren's wonderful new products and showing how very very versatile they all can be. You're a gem and my idol! :-)

HawaiiRenee said...

Mona, this is so darling! I love the baby theme; this is quite different for you. I can't believe you still have your son's baby shoes! What a special decoration to go with this gorgeous card! That tag and the flowers are awesome as is your picture perfect stitching! You rocked it, girl!

Amy Liz Schultz said...

Awww I could so use this set this weekend! So adorable!

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

How do you keep making such amazing projects??? This is perfect!

farmhouse-story said...

how sweet, your template and card are! love the stitching, colors, and those cute paper flowers!

PaperLover said...

Oh, Mona, this is so cute! Love the box and the beautiful card! Those baby feet are perfect!

Nancy L. said...

wow!! just amazing, love them!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness.. Mona!! Such a darling baby ensemble -- the colors are so yummy and you cannot go wrong with polka dots! The baby shoe and teddy are darling props.. esp knowing they are your children's! I'm sure your friends will just love it all!

Carly said...

So pretty! I love all the gorgeous layers and the stitching is perfect!

Unknown said...

mona...these are GORGEOUS!!! i love the dp, the colors, the stitching, the ribbon, the embossing, and the distressing! GORGEOUS!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done an awesome job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Sam said...

Mona, these are awesome. I adore the box and the card. Love your stuff. Thank you. Going to see what Mercy's sketch is all about.

Cardmaking-Companion Susan said...

What a beautiful baby boy set - both the card and the packaging are prefect. I particularly like the way you have embossed the baby's feet on the label.

Tracy said...

Simply Gorgeous! What beautiful work. I love that polka dot paper!

JennyGerber said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! How do you keep producing such amazing stuff on a daily basis! You're also a R.N. too? Wonder Woman! :)

Maureen said...

wow! over the top fabulous :) Love all the details and the way you worked the colours :) Top pick for me!!

Melissa said...

I'm running out of colorful descriptives for your blog... How about this one: splendiferous! You are truly the master of paper and ink! I just wish you could send me 1/10 of your talent!

Kathryn B said...

Mona what a beautiful set for a baby! It's so soft and cozy. I'm sure your friends will just treasure it! I know I would! You really rocked Dawns color challenge with it also! I love the little foot prints and how your tag is all layered. Have a good day!

Pammy said...

Great design and beautiful colors. I really love the tiny embossed feet! Your friends are going to be so excited when they see this beautiful work of art!

Diane Jaquay said...

Absolutely PRECIOUS creation Mona! It was cool to see Lauren's new releases used in such a creative way for a baby gift! Just lovely!

Cheryl Love said...

This is a strikingly gorgeous project. I love the little foot print tag and your chalked umbrella! Great job!

Katie Cotton said...

This is an absolutely adorable project! I just love it!!!

Kathy M said...

It doesn't get much cuter than this! I love everything about it. Your friends will cheerish it!

BevL said...

Beautiful card and box! Your embellishments are so striking! I love all the "little details" like the stitching, distressing and the way you did the baby's foot print! You always floor me!

Heather Rogers said...

WOW! What else can I say? Girl, you just keep em coming don't ya? :D

Chrissy said...

this is gorgeous!

Sue Lelli said...

Is your head just ready to explode with all of these compliments???!!!! Another truly FABULOUS piece of art for this challenge! You are AMAZING! And my scap IDOL of course!!!

MeredithS said...

Everyday something new and outstanding! This is so darling, Mona! Great job! Love the little foot prints!

Trudy said...

Absolutely 100% gorgeous and darling. Mona you are so talented! I am speechless over this amazing card and box! Laren and you make a great team!

Mara Campbell said...

Does it get any better?? Beautiful project!! My sister is having a baby anytime and I think i'll make something like this for her!!! Thanks for the inspiration, Mona! Have a fantastic weekend!!

GabrielleH said...

Mona, this is so elegant and graceful! I bet your friends with jump for joy! Love the stamps and the colors! You go girl!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What an adorable set. Way to rock Dawn's color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Teri Holister said...

What a fabulous baby card! I love those little foot prints! This is gorgeous stuff Mona! The template and the tags are stunning!

Kay D said...

Wow, this is a fabulous gift set! Absolutely beautiful- I'm gaga over all the stunning layers; I just love it!

Taheerah said...

Simply stunning!!

PaperMomma said...

Amazing as well! This is a stunning gift card and box for your friend! This will surely go in her keepsake book forever! What a treasure!

RobinH said...

Wow! This is so beautiful and darling! My God, you do the the best layers and stitching!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS