Pink Peonies 21

Mona Pendleton | Saturday, January 9, 2016 @ 9:58 AM | , ,


Hi! I hope you are having a great weekend! It has been raining nearly all day everyday here in Phoenix for the past week. I was beginning to think I lived in Seattle! The sun is shining bright today and the skies are a clear, pretty robin's egg blue color ~ Life is Good :) Today I have a page to share that I painted in my canvas paper art journal featuring a garden of pink peonies:
I combined painting techniques learned from: David Jansen and Nancy Medina, two talented artists whose art work I admire. This page was painted using Liquitex acrylics. 
I'm learning so much as I practice stroke techniques and experiment using different mediums. I'm getting closer to my painting goal which is to paint a variety of LARGE sized canvases for some empty walls in my home. 
I love an impressionist style because the strokes don't have to be perfect and there's a lot of room for error :) I got a little carried away with my brush and paint and broke one of the golden painting rules ~ I painted two flowers on the same plane as shown below. I'm learning and evolving with each stroke. 
I'm entering this painted page in the following challenges:
Paint Party Friday:
Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days: Day 9:
Art Journal Everyday:
Thanks so much for stopping by ~ I hope you have a great weekend!
Be Sweet ;)
post signature







 Comments

21 Sweet Comments So Far:

Stella said...

I love to look at your canvases and I think you did a fab job. It's lovely to see how you work to improve your skills. I am impressed already. Peonies are my favporite and they look stunning!

Ros Crawford said...

Rain? Don't mention it ... we've had rain for weeks... Months! Your beautiful peonies are so cheerful ... They can brighten any day!

Lisa said...

I just love to see your paintings, Mona!! You are so talented!! The peonies look amazing!! The dimension you achieve with paint is stunning!! I can't wait to see the large canvases you paint for your house!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Buffy said...

Mona this is so beautiful. You are so talented.

Buffy x

Cindy D. said...

Wonderful style and color! Wow. I am trying to work on acrylics and I did not know about this two objects on the same plane business! That's a good tip... though it does not seem to be a problem in this painting!

Cheryl W. said...

Mona, I truly swoon over your paintings. There is something about your use of color and design that really appeals to me. Keep at it, you've got talent!!

Greta said...

I so admire your courage & determination, Mona! You have such artistic talent--no matter what you're doing! I can see those walls turning into art displays any day now! Strange you've had so much rain--hopefully preventing drought & without the problems in CA.

Marjan said...

You really caught the peonies, so beautiful! Love your impressionist style and colorful canvas!

Linda Kunsman said...

such a lovely painting Mona! Happy PPF!

Lisa Elton said...

Another beautiful painting Mona!! Your walls will soon be in full bloom!! We had a short HARD rain 1/2 an hour ago and now the snowflakes are swirling...crazy winter we are having!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Mona - oh my gosh - how absolutely gorgeous!! Your peonies look so very real - almost as though I could touch the flower! Wonderful.

Giggles said...

Gorgeous work and I love the colour combination!! Peonys are my favourite flowers!! Especially pink!!

Hugs Giggles

Dea Lenihan said...

I love the colors you chose for this flower painting--striking yet subtle--so nice. Glad to find you through PPF--I am new around the blog world and glad to make art friends. Happy to say I am a new follower. Dea xo

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love your painting style...totally gorgeous.

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful job on your beautiful peonies Mona!

RobinH said...

Stunning art, Mona! I absolutely adore this painting! WOW!

SewPaperPaint said...

Such fabulous layers of pink and the pops of aqua are perfect!

Mrs.B said...

A stunning canvas Mona, love the shades of pinks.
Avril xx

Constance said...

Amazing! Love the gorgeous shades of colour! I love peonies and you've captured them perfectly! Cheers!

Mirna said...

You are one incredibly talented girl! I adore this painting! These colors are magnificent!

Jill Norwood said...

I adore your pretty pink peonies! Now if you could send some blue skies to Seattle I would smile BIG!!!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS