A vase full of fresh cut blossoms 29

Mona Pendleton | Thursday, January 21, 2016 @ 7:05 PM | , , , , ,

Hi! The weather is gorgeous here in Phoenix and I have a bad case of spring fever :) With the sun shining bright, pretty blue skies and warm 70 degree temperatures, it's hard not to when you love the great outdoors like I do. I took advantage of the beautiful day and went for a 6.5 mile run. Today I have a painting to share featuring my first canvas of fresh cut painted blossoms:
 Here's my source of inspiration:
Here's my interpretation:
I attended an art class at Krista Eaton's (a local talented artist's whom work I admire) home studio. After Krista gave us a painting demonstration, she set us free to paint our canvas. I applied various techniques that I learned from Nancy Medina's amazing painting videos that Scott gave me to me for a Christmas gift. Once we had some color on our canvas's Krista offered her expertise. I didn't get very far along in class, as I am a newbie and paint VERY slow but I was thrilled to receive Krista's input and learn some tips and tricks of the business. I finished the painting this morning which means the oil is still wet and will be for a few days! 



I'm entering this in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge: Day 21:
Thanks so much for visiting ~ I hope you have a great Friday!
Be Sweet ;)
post signature


 Comments

29 Sweet Comments So Far:

Sherrie K. said...

AMAZING!!!! I love the beautiful colors of the flowers and the case is gorgeous! Fantastic job!
Sherrie K

Lisa Elton said...

Bravo Mona, beautifully done!!

Lin said...

WOW, Mona, this is gorgeous! Well done!

Cheryl W. said...

Lush lovely flowers! They're fabulous! Good luck with your 30 paintings in 30 days. Hope you'll share them here on your blog.

Faye said...

Beautiful!!!

Greta said...

What an inspiration & oh wow, Mona, your canvas is just gorgeous! I think you were meant to be a painter, among other things!

Sheila said...

Love the collage and the details in the vase are wonderful! Gorgeous!

Andreja said...

WoW Mona, this picture is aaaaaaaaadorable :-)) Bravo, Bravo!!!
Hugs, Andreja

Ros Crawford said...

It's amazing!! You are a brilliant artist ... Any chance of sending some of that weather over here??

Pamellia said...

Wow you really captured that vase of flowers brilliantly! Just amazing work Mona! hugs :)

Suzanne C said...

Mona your art is beautiful and loving to see you explore and expand your painting skills! Gorgeous canvas!

Samra said...

WOW!!! The flowers look so real! Wonderfully done!!! You are truly gifted Mona!
Hugs
Samra

Davi said...

BEAUTIFUL MOna, I love your rendering of the inspiration! I love working with oils and the textures they can give. The smells take me back to childhood when my mom who is an amazing artist would be painting!

Marjan said...

You've caught the flowers in the vase really well, beautiful!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

So Bright, FUN and Cheery!
It's WoNdErFuL!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Mona, this is stunning!! You painted the vase and flowers perfectly!! It looks amazing!! You did such a fabulous job!! Love, love this!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Faye said...

Wow, such a beautiful vase of flowers. The colors are awesome.

Mrs.B said...

Stunningly beautiful canvas, colours and textures are fabulous.
Avril xx

Patty O'Malley said...

So beautiful, Mona! Looks perfect to me! We're in the midst of a blizzard here, but I don't mind. I love winter!

Susan Lankford said...

You have really turned into an artist, Mona! The painting is beautiful!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Mona, your classes are working! You are an incredible artist!!!!!

SewPaperPaint said...

I am thrilled with your progress, and want to come paint with you! Looks like you are really getting into the swing of it. Beautiful piece here. <3

Lynette Jacobs said...

With each new canvas I can see how much you are growing in this art form. Very, very beautiful.

Evelyn Walter said...

wow, Mona, you are really so talented! Gorgeous cnvas!
xxx Evelyn

Val-Belle said...

It is really amazing. You are on such a roll here. <3

Sue Lelli said...

You are a natural TALENT! I hope you hang this one!

AimeeOh said...

Wow, I'm stunned! This is an amazing painting Mona! Haven't been here in a while and it looks like a fine artist took over!!! Picking my jaw up off the keyboard right now! Off to look at more! WOW!

GabrielleH said...

Wow Mona, your flower-filled canvas is just gorgeous! Good luck with the 30 in 30!!!

Petra Swart said...

WOW, Mona, all your paintings are so beautiful!!!! I love the bright colours of this one!!! The flowers are so pretty!!! TFS.
Have a great week!!!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS