A Prima style heart 17

Mona Pendleton | Tuesday, January 26, 2016 @ 6:38 PM | , , ,

Hi! Today I have a Prima style heart ornament to share. The Prima DT was asked to create an ornament of any kind non-Christmas, any style to be used to help decorate the Prima CHA booth. With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I had LOVE on my mind and ran with it ;)
In a nutshell, I started with a beautiful Archival Cast Collection~Relics and Artifacts heart, covered it with a generous application of art alchemy Acrylic Paint-Metallique Vintage Rose paint followed with a little art Extravagance-Snowflake Paste. Once dry, I embellished with a Resin Embellishments Keys and a Junkyard Findings-Keyhole which were both painted using art ingredients-Mica Powder Gold. I topped it off with a beautiful Prima flower.
Thanks so much for visiting ~ I hope you have enjoyed my project!

PLEASE take a moment to read the following. As a designer, this can impact my opportunities in the crafting world. 

I appreciate all the support and kind comments that are left on my blog. I'm over joyed with the wonderful people that I've made friends with through crafting and hope to continue to do so. I've never required anyone to sign up as a follower and I'm really proud of that BUT it is what it is and manufacturers take into consideration a crafters blog and other social media venues participation. I enjoy seeing other designers artwork as well as sharing my own and I wish there was more time in the day to do it all! With that being said, will you please take a moment to see if these changes effect you?

FROM GOOGLE:

Changes to Blogger's Google Friend Connect

Blogger has made some big changes to
how we follow blogs
so read on to see
if these new rules will affect you!

From Google: We announced the retirement of Google Friend Connect for all non-Blogger sites. We made an exception for Blogger to give readers an easy way to follow blogs using a variety of accounts. Yet over time, we’ve seen that most people sign into Friend Connect with a Google Account. So, in an effort to streamline, in the next few weeks we’ll be making some changes that will eventually require readers to have a Google Account to sign into Friend Connect and follow blogs.

As part of the plan starting the week of Jan.11th, 2016 we’ll remove the ability for people with Twitter, Yahoo, Orkut or other OpenId providers to sign in to Google Friend Connect and follow blogs. At the same time, we’ll remove non-Google Account profiles so you may see a decrease in your blog follower count.

We encourage you to tell affected readers (perhaps via a blog post), that if they use a non-Google account to follow your blog, they need to sign up for a Google Account, and re-follow your blog. With a Google Account, they’ll get blogs added to their Reading List, making it easier for them to see the latest posts and activity of the blogs they follow.

We know how important followers are to all bloggers, but we believe this change will improve the experience for both you and your readers.

Prima product list: 941734-Archival Cast Collection~Relics and Artifacts-Rising Spirit 111, 963200-Finnabair art alchemy Acrylic Paint-Metallique Vintage Rose, 962999-Finnabair art basics Soft Gloss Gel Transparent, 962906-Finnabair art Extravagance-Snowflake Paste, 962524-Finnabair art ingredients-Mica Powder Gold, 586539-Prima flowers, 570002-Ingvild Bolme-Resin Embellishments Keys, 892227-Ingvild Bolme-Junkyard Findings-Keyholes, 961374-Finnabair art Basics-Heavy White Gesso

Be Sweet ;)
post signature


 Comments

17 Sweet Comments So Far:

Lisa Elton said...

Feminine and ever so lovely Mona!

Greta said...

I really love your heart ornament, Mona--stunning work, as always!

Cheryl W. said...

Pretty ornament! I think this would be a lovely piece to have around all year round.

Kathy Bradley said...

Mona - your ornament is gorgeous - as always. And, as always, your art is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Stunning!! Love it!!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is so pretty!! How lovely that it was on view at CHA!

Pamellia said...

Beautiful Mona. I love the little touch of pink you added to the flower petals. hugs :)

Marjan said...

So lovely this ornament!!

Samra said...

Stunning work as usual Mona!!! Love the shabby chic style and such gorgeous choice of embellishments. Thank you so very kindly on the congrats you sent my way regarding my first publication :) It made me even happier to know that my work is published in the issue with your creations in it!
I don't have many followers, only lost a few in last week or so, but I can see how this change can impact some of the big names in the crafting world such as yourself....hopefully people create their Google accounts and rejoin your fabulous blog!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs
Samra

SewPaperPaint said...

This is darling, Mona!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is stunning, Mona!! I love the colors and the embellishments!! It looks amazing!! What a gorgeous ornament!! I bet it looked so fabulous hanging in the Prima booth!!

The blogger changes are such a pain. I've lost about 20 followers the last few days/weeks. When you've worked so hard to gain followers, it's a shame to lose them because of some silly changes. Thankfully I do have a google account. Have a great day my friend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful ornament, Mona! Blogger changes are a pain. I don't have many followers and am so disappointed to lose any.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

So pretty!!!!!!!!! And, I am on google and already follow you via that. :)

Helen Wallace said...

This is so pretty and elegant Mona and thanks for the heads up about Google. What a pain to potentially lose your hard earned followers. I have a Google account, so I hope I don't need to sign in again.

Susan Lankford said...

Beautiful, Mona! Very romantic...

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Beautiful!!!!

Davi said...

Love the beautiful Valentine ornament MOna! It has such a girly romantic look :)


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS