Peace on Earth...A 13arts Holiday Canvas 32

Mona Pendleton | Tuesday, December 17, 2013 @ 3:00 AM | , , , , ,

Hi there! I'm so excited to share with you a mixed media holiday canvas featuring a variety of awesome 13arts products!
To create my project I first collaged the background using pretty black Cold Wall patterned paper from the Frosted Life Collection. Once dry, I added lots of texture using a variety of 13arts mediums. The fun 3D little balls are Glass Microspheres D2 that I adhered with Gel Medium. I randomly applied the following 13arts acrylic paints: Matte MahoganyMatte Blue and Matte Pink. For more texture and design, I applied Ayeeda Gesso and then sprinkled with shiny Glitter gold - bars:
For a burst of gold and LOTS of texture, I covered her chipboard wings with Gold Microspheres using Gel Medium.
For a little extra girly touch, I adhered a paper rose to her halo then sprinkled it with Glitter gold - bars:
The angel's face and body was made using beautiful patterned paper from the Faces of Spring Collection and her dress was made using pretty patterned papers from the Frosted Life Collection.
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my canvas :)
Be Sweet ;)

13arts Products Used:
13arts Ayeeda Acrylic Gesso Primer
13arts Ayeeda Medium Acrylic Gel Medium 13arts Ayeeda Faces of Spring Collection
13arts Ayeeda Frosted Life Collection
13arts Ayeeda Glitter gold - bars
13arts Ayeeda Gold Microspheres
13arts Ayeeda Matte Mahogany
13arts Ayeeda Matte Blue
13arts Ayeeda Matte Pink
13arts Glass Microspheres D2

Other products used:
MFT Starry ChristmasMFT MPD Petal Circles Stencil, Die-namics Sentiment Strips,


 Comments

32 Sweet Comments So Far:

Tracey said...

This is stunning Mona!! I love her gold wings!!

Lisa Elton said...

Hands down my favorite mixed media project from you Mona! Your angel is simply gorgeous, LOVE her wings to bits!!!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

This is so...beautiful, Mona! love the texture which you have created with beads! And Angel is so gorgeous!

Wilma Voermans said...

Super canvas! Lovely soft and feminine.

Kerry said...

OMG, what an incredible canvas, Mona! She is beautiful!! I LOVE her wings; absolutely gorgeous and elegant! The bead technique is amazing!!! WOW!

Unknown said...

Oooooohhhh she is stunning Mona!!! I love this canvas, this angel reminds me of the angels my mom used to make for us at Christmas. She's so pretty and those gold wings are really elegant. Merry Christmas!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

MONA, this is one of my Faves by YOU!
The tinsel glitter is the nicest touch, too!

sandi said...

Wow Mona this is just beautiful and the little detail here makes this stunning! LOVE those wings!!!!!

GabrielleH said...

Absolutely stunning! Love how you used the beads! You are so amazingly creative!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my ... How gorgeous!!

Pamela_U said...

Gorgeous canvas, Mona!!! Really amazing what you did with her wings! Love the texture the beads give!

Words and Pictures said...

So beautiful and ethereal - those wings are fantastic!
Alison x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Mona! Love all the details, especially her lovely wings!

Greta said...

My jaw hit the floor when I saw this, Mona--a masterpiece! The background is stunning & her wings are over the top--love your work!

Christine L said...

Ooooohh Ooooooooooooh OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!! I ADORE THIS!! You really are excelling yourself Mona... every new creation outdoes the last!

Big hugs
Christine x

Jan Evans said...

Oh Mona, what a spectacular canvas! Those wings are absolutely magnificent!!! Love your beautiful background too! TFS!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love, love, love your canvas. Absolutely stunning.

Julia Aston said...

Oh - I love your pretty angel Mona! the flowered halo - the gilded wings and wonderful background - a beautiful project!

Angi Barrs said...

Soooo stunning! Love those wings!

Paper Profusion said...

A huge WOW from me Mona! This is superbly beautiful. Nicola x

Julie said...

Absolutely breathtaking, Mona! What a gorgeous work of art! Love those wings!

Kelly said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Mona! Stunning!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

LOVE the gold wings on your angel and the gold sprinkles on the background. So beautiful!

Brenda said...

OMG, Mona, this is stunning! I'm speechless!

Brenda said...

OMG, Mona, this is stunning! I'm speechless!

Mirna said...

Wow, Mona, what a gorgeous canvas! Absolutely breathtaking!!! Love the effect the beads give!!! Oh, those wings!!! TFS!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Wow this is spectacular! Love all the texture going on! Gorgeous!:)

Laural said...

Incredibly gorgeous and so creative!!! Love all the amazing texture! Oh those wings!!!!

Crystal said...

Breathtaking canvas!!! Love the use of these beads; they add so much interesting texture! WOW!

Sue Lelli said...

This angel just takes my breath away! LOVE the colors and the texture on her wings and the jewels on her skirt! WOW Just FABULOUS!

white.sheep said...

oh I love it!

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooooh!!! I would love to have this!!!! Simply amazing !!!!! So gorgeous & the colors are divine!!!!!!
Fab job!! ❤❤❤


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS