holiday festivities 21

Mona Pendleton | Friday, December 6, 2013 @ 4:05 PM | , , , ,

Hi there! I have some exciting crafty news to share! Debbi Tehrani, (Owner) of the Color Stories Inspiration site has invited me to join along as a Guest Detective this month! In case you are not familiar, CSI is a weekly scrapbook challenge site that encourages one to try new colors schemes and to tell your stories.

Here is this week's story:
I created a holiday layout featuring a photo of my sweet dog Griffin.
I added a few flower embellishments from my stash and some die cut foliage that was made using a few Spellbinders dies:
I adhered a few metal frames that I pulled out from my stash that were probably about 10 years old or so. To add a little more shine, I rubbed on Silver buff and for a dangling accent, I tied a few jingle bells to one:
To incorporate circles and for added design, I stenciled on circles using the Graduated Dots stencil:
Here is how I incorporated the different elements from the story:


Color:
Used all of them
Evidence:
Frames, Silver Accents, Something Dangling, Something Shiny, Circles
Testimony:
Journal about the holidays. Inspiration words: Family and Peace

Thanks so much for visiting! For some amazing inspiration, please visit the CSI site and see what all the other designers created. I hope you join along in the fun!
Be Sweet ;)
post signature


 Comments

21 Sweet Comments So Far:

De hobbydroom said...

What a sweet dog Mona! I love the flowers and de colors. Congratulations to be a guest detective this month!!

hugs from Holland

Heather Rogers said...

Griffin is such a doll! I love your pretty Poinsettia flower. Congrats on your guest DT spot. :)

Sam Marsdon said...

Really gorgeous page! Love the layers and the pretty flower! Darling photo of Griffin too!

Lisa Elton said...

So happy for you Mona! And as always your project is fantastic! I really like the gray peeking out here and there. A pretty colors combo and a cute pup!

Tracey said...

Loving this Mona! The flower cluster is gorgeous and I love the distressing!! Beautiful page!

Davi said...

This is Gorgeous, love the colors and the distressing so pretty with the beautiful flowers and pic of your sweet Griffin :)

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

LOVE the doggie!

Sue Lelli said...

That's GREAT about the GDT gig! LOVE this Adorable LO, Mona! FAB colors, FUN story and your dangling bells are the Perfect detail!

Ros Crawford said...

STUNNING!! I love this ... your sweet doggie really suits those colour too! Lol!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous layout, Mona! Love the colors and wonderful details, but that uber sweet photo of Griffin definitely steals the show! Congrats on your GDT gig.. :)

Unknown said...

Awww.. What a wonderful page. Everything about this page has me smiling.

Hugs~

Martha W said...

Darling LO!!! Really love the pretty flowers and die cut leaves! Wonderful combo of colors too! And your little westie is so sweet! TFS!

Constance said...

Very beautiful!!! Great choice of colours!

Sara I. said...

Gorgeous papers and colors.. Love all the distressing!

sandi said...

This is just sooooooooooooooooooo sweet! Love what you've done with the challenge!

Tumbleweed said...

Gorgeous Mona! Love the background and those beautiful flowers!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Great layout - wonderful colours, so many pretty details. And I think it's a super photo!

stampingbowd said...

Beautiful layout! "Color Stories Inspiration" sounds like a fun challenge. I hope to check that out soon, thanks for sharing it with us! Cute baby you have there!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, gorgeous layout, Mona! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Well done!! Live those colors sooooooooop much!!!
Your layout is fantastic!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Your page is beautiful. What a gorgeous fur baby you have.


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS