JOY...CSI103 32

Mona Pendleton | Friday, December 20, 2013 @ 5:20 PM | , , , , ,

Hello! Today I have another layout to share as a Guest Detective this month at CSI. In case you are not familiar, CSI is a weekly scrapbook challenge site that encourages one to try new colors schemes and to tell your stories. Here's the current CSI challenge:
I created a layout featuring a Christmas photo of Meredith and Connor that was taken years ago.
The background was created using several die cut pieces of paper that I made using a variety of acrylic paints and the Gelli Arts Printing Plate. I die cut the photo using a Die-namics Stitched Circle STAX die, layered it another then embellished with a couple of Red Hot Poinsettias.
For lots of texture and design, I added several die cut Kraft stars that I rolled through the paper crimper as well adding even more texture using the Stargaze Stencil.
Once I had everything adhered in place, I randomly stamped the polka dot and chicken wire images from Distressed Background Blocks:
Here is how I incorporated the different elements from the story:


Colors:
I used ALL of them
Evidence:
Stars, Circle, Paint, Distressing, Metal
Testimony:
I used the Inspiration words joy and season in my journaling

For sketch inspiration, I referred to one of the awesome Page Drafts sketches:
Thanks so much for visiting! For some amazing inspiration, please visit the CSI site and see what all the other designers created. I hope you join along in the fun!
Be Sweet ;)
post signature


 Comments

32 Sweet Comments So Far:

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet photo Mona! This page is adorable. Have great weekend!

Greta said...

I so admire your artistry, Mona--gorgeous page with a darling picture! I love those beautiful poinsettias--have my eye on that die. Happy Holidays!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful page. I love the way you down toned the red flowers. Gorgeous sketch you followed.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a sweet photo! The kids are just precious! Love all of the stars and their different textures ! Just beautiful!

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely stunning ... I love the mix of papers

Christine L said...

Fabulous layout and beautiful flowers Mona... altogether gorgeous..

Christine x

GabrielleH said...

WOW, what an absolutely gorgeous layout, Mona! Love the pretty background and the wonderful poinsettia!!

NanceB said...

Very beautiful page!!! Love those stars and the gorgeous flower!

Heather Rogers said...

What a beautiful LO. That Poinsettia die is one of my favorite dies. :)

Unknown said...

Stunning page, Mona! That poinsettia die is gorgeous and I love how you white washed it! Your background is beautiful as always; so much detail and creativity! Thanks for sharing!

Crystal said...

Gorgeous layout!!!!! Stunning flower and background! Love your take on the sketch!

Casandra Bennett said...

Oh my, that is a great sketch! Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family. :)

Julie said...

Stunning layout!!! Love the pretty poinsettia!!! Darling photo too!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Wauw, this is so gorgeous! Love the flowers and the way you colored them! Looks amazing! The green dots really do the trick as well, pretty!!
Hugs, Wendy

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous!! Love the soft colors with pops of red and subtle green!!

Angie Hewitt said...

Mona, I love the beautiful Christmasy layout! That poinsettia is magnificent and I love your detailed background! Sweet photo of the kids too! TFS and Happy Holidays!

Julia Aston said...

Love your strips of background and all the painting and stenciling Mona - the poinsettia's are great accents for the sweet photo!

Davi said...

Love that gorgeous LO Mona!! The background is beautiful and those poinsettias give such a wonderful pop of color :) Wishing you and your family a Wonderful Christmas!!

JennyGerber said...

Absolutely magnificent layout!! I adore that beautiful poinsettia!

Unknown said...

I love the sweet photo of them. :) The poinsettias are so pretty and love all of the wonderful texture on this LO. Hugs

stampingbowd said...

So many fabulous details on this layout! Gorgeous Poinsettias!

Eila Sandberg said...

Love your take on Em's sketch and the sketch file, this is a wonderful page Mona! adorable piccie of the kids too, soooo sweet! Hope your shopping with April yesterday went well, I ventured out and had to come back home. The crowds were just too much! Take care, xoxo

Alison said...

Stunning page, Mona! Love your background and the pretty poinsettia!

Yolanda said...

So pretty, Mona! That poinsettia is amazing! TFS!

Chris said...

Wow, Mona, what a beautiful Christmas page!!! Love the darling photo and love those stars and the gorgeous poinsettia!

Constance said...

Gorgeous work, Mona! I absolutely adore that poinsettia!!! Darling photo of the kids too!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your collage of pretty papers, the circle cute photo and your STUNNING poinsettias!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous page with the most adorable photo! Really love the pretty layers and journaling!! That poinsettia is magnificent!

Kelly said...

Wow, Mona, this is amazing!!! Love the pretty flower and all your wonderful details!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Tumbleweed said...

What a beautiful page, Mona!

Mercedes said...

Gorgeous page! Really love all of the stars and the pretty textures.

Anonymous said...

Your layout & family pic are gorgeous!! CSI is the coolest challenge I've seen!!
Just awesome !


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS