Peaceful Doves 31

Mona Pendleton | Friday, November 26, 2010 @ 12:41 PM | , ,

Hi there! Are you ready for the weekend? After all the preparation for the Thanksgiving celebration yesterday, I am more than ready :) I have this weekend off from work and have nothing but crafting planned :) I have been busy working on necessary design team projects all morning so I thought I would take a break and make a card to share here on my blog AND I have another project to share with you that is being featured on the Melissa Frances's Blog today (click HERE) I hope you take a peek:)
For today's card, I inked up a beautiful image from Flourishes Dove and Holly and colored it with the Copic Markers shown below then using a S5-006 Curved Rectangles die template to cut/emboss the image. For sketch inspiration, I played along with the fun sketch designed by Cindy Haffner for this week's Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC94):
I'm lovin' all the layers this sketch has to offer! I pulled out some Fancy Pants patterned paper from my stash and combined it with a few of my favorite things.
My crafting space looks like a Winter Wonderland~I've been using the S4-286 2010 Snowflake Pendants die templates so much lately! I had one to spare so I popped it on and adhered a Prima jewel in the center.
I hope you have a great weekend! Thanks for looking :) I'll be back tomorrow for a few things to share.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Flourishes Dove and Holly
Die Templates & Machine: Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® S5-006 Curved Rectangles, S4-242 Big Scalloped Borderabilities® Petite, S4-286 2010 Snowflake Pendants, GC-001 Grand Calibur
Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants
Ink: Copic Markers
post signature


 Comments

31 Sweet Comments So Far:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very lovely creation Mona, great coloring, I also love the red jewel from Prima! Thanks for your sweet comment for my blog, have a great weekend!

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS Mona.

Julie Ranae said...

Really beautiful card, Mona...Fancy Pants is one of my all-time favorite companies and your red gem reminds me I need to put mine to use!

Davi said...

OH OH I think this is really beautiful!! I love the wonderful image. It is colored so beautifully and looks wonderful with the stripes and the jewely snowflake. :)

Pattie said...

So beautiful! I really have to start stitching on my cards - you are so inspiring and I love everything you do!

Stella said...

Your coloring is always so perfect; wow! I love your take on the sketch, colorscheme and your papers. I'll make it short: I love it all :)

BevL said...

Mona, I love your take on this this sketch! You DP is so beautiful and I love how you colored this gorgeous peaceful stamp! Really beautiful design!
I went over to the Melissa Frances blog and saw your phenomenal album there! What a gorgeous creation and what a great honor to be featured there AGAIN! Wow!

Mary Lewis said...

Gorgeous card with some really awesome stitching! How do you get it so perfect? I'm blown away by your craft!

Pammy said...

Wow, Mona I just checked out your feature over at the Melissa Frances blog!!!! Wow, what a beautiful project! They really should put you on their team! You do such amazing things with her products! I absolutely love it!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful Mona!!

papertrails leaver said...

Mona! What a beautiful card! Seriously loving this! I am PMing you my snail mail if you would consider sending to me ;-) Amy

Brenda Dean said...

These doves are beautiful Great coloring job and a beautiful card!

S said...

Mona--Love your creations. The doves are beautiful and colored beautifully, the message is right on, and the snowflake is great with the red accent. Great artistry. Hope you and the family had a great turkey day. Sue M.

Susana Lamesa said...

Hi Mona, I loved your comment, I'm from Brazil and I love your work. Always visit my blog to see my gear and my daughters (I am a mother so proud of them) and write me, my email is: suelau@ig.com.br. Big hug.
Susana.

Pamela_U said...

Beautiful card, Mona! That Flourishes stamp is so pretty and you colored it so perfectly! TFS! Congratulations on being featured on the MF website again!

Mara Campbell said...

Gorgeous!!! You are a lucky girl with all that crafting in your future! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and have a great weekend!!

Carrie said...

Love your card, Mona! Love your take on the sketch and the way you colored this beautiful stamp! Wow, that jewel on the snowflake is just the perfect touch! Congratulations on your new feature on Melissa Frances' blog! Wow that photo album is just divine!

Tracy said...

This is just lovely Mona! The image is colored perfectly and the other elements of the card mesh so well. Love that big red jewel. :) Beautiful!

Silke Ledlow said...

Happy Thanksgiving weekend Mona!!! Your sketch card turned out simply beautiful!!! Awesome coloring too!!! Enjoy your weekend and thank you for joining us at the FTTC :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Julia Aston said...

How pretty Mona - love that red jewell!

~* steph :) *~ said...

very sweet card, mona! love the snowflake with the jeweled center. very beautiful!
i saw your creation on the melissa frances site. congrats :)!
hope you have a wonderful weekend!
*hugs* steph :)

Gale Evans said...

Goregeous card, Mona and I love that you are being featured again at Melissa Frances! Your totally deserve it!

Lorraine said...

This is just gorgeous! Love the colors and all of the details, esp the stitching. Happy Holidays!

Penny said...

Mona, this card is so beautiful and as usual I'm pretty much speechless! Have a great weekend!

Trudy said...

Soooo gorgeous too! Love the lovely colours!

Marge said...

What a great dove & holly image, Mona! Love how you've layered it all up with that lovely sketch & your SB dies -- very pretty!!!

Kerry said...

Mona, every card you make has something special about it! I adore your beautiful coloring of the two doves and I especially love that gorgeous jeweled snowflake! Just fabulous!

Mo Hernandez said...

So beautiful, Mona! Love that stamp and how you colored it! Gorgeous jewel on that snowflake too! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love your style, Mona!

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful Mona! I love how the Doves and Holly work so well for this sketch. I have this set too and have not used it yet. The snowflake is so pretty. :)

Silvia said...

Such a beautiful... beautiful card! Love the bird and the snowflake with the little jewel... your card is delicate and so romatic!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS