Happy Harvest 33

Mona Pendleton | Thursday, November 25, 2010 @ 9:24 AM | , , ,

Hi there! Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and blogging friends in the US! I have so much to be thankful for and count my blessings everyday. Thank you all who visit and take the time to leave a comment on my little blog hosted on the world wide web :) Since I baked all the pies and did most of the prep work last night along with my hubby, I had a chance to make a card in celebration of today.
I inked up the pie image from Peace and Plenty then colored it with a combination of Copic markers shown below. 
I stamped an ornate frame around the pie using an image from Very Vintage Labels No. 1 using a S4-161 Labels One die template to cut/emboss the image. I pulled out Melissa France's Kitschy Kitchen DP from my stash as I found it quite fitting for this happy Harvest card.
Our house will be quite full with family today: my step-children, my son & his girlfriend, my sweet sister Tina, my niece & 8 yr. old Great niece will be joining Scott & I for the day. We have to prepare a variety of meals. My son, Jerry & his GF April are Vegan so they will be eating ToFurkey as their main course. My step-son, Connor does not care for turkey so he will be having fried shrimp. My step-daughter, Meredith pleaded for ham so I sort of cheated & purchased a yummy ham from the Honey Baked Ham store :) and Scott, Tina & I will be enjoying smoked turkey that Scott prepared :) Here is a pic of my "famous" apple pie that everyone loves:
Thanks so much for visiting today & no matter where you are in the world, I hope you have a wonderful day! Big Cyber hugs to all of you :)

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Very Vintage Labels No. 1, Peace and Plenty
Die Templates & Machine: Spellbinders™Nestabilities® S4-161 Labels One, GC-001 Grand Calibur
Ink: Copic Markers
Patterned Paper: Melissa Frances
post signature


 Comments

33 Sweet Comments So Far:

~* steph :) *~ said...

such a sweet card, love the trim and the sweet colors and papers!
oo your pie looks yummy! wishing you and your family a happy happy thanksgiving, mona!! thanks for being such a sweet blogging friend. big *hugs* steph :)

Pattie said...

Simply beautiful card Mona! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Yummy - apple pie is my favorite!
Hugs,
pattie

Julie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Beautiful card and yummy looking pie!

Kristy said...

Lovely card Mona! Love that pie stamp! Sounds like you will be running a made-to-order restaurant today! Food is good! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

lovely card, Happy Thanksgiving

Pauline said...

Yummy card, and an even yummier pie! Happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy your turkey!

Julie Ranae said...

Wishing you and Scott a wonderful Thanksgiving day! The card AND the pie look equally yummy ; )

Tatanky said...

Happy Thanks Giving Mona ! It's so nice when family gets together. Wow ToFurkey ! wish we had stuff like that here in Mexico. I'm a vegetarian and we don't have many options here. Enjoy your dinner :D

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely card Mona, love that Melissa Frances paper, thanks for sharing and I wish you a great Thanksgiving with family!

Chris said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Mona. Your pie looks delicious.

Beautiful card. Love those papers.

Chris

Kat Hill said...

Happy card and Happy Thanksgiving, Mona!

Rebekah said...

OOhhh im drooling over that pie:) yumm-o
Have a fantastic Thanksgiving! Sounds like it will be a wonderful get together!

Beate said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Mona! I hope you have a wonderful day. Your card is beautiful as is all your work!
Hugs and smiles

Marge said...

Your card is wonderful, Mona, and I'm wondering if that apple pie has lots of cinnamon like my Mom always put into hers? LOL! Hope you all have a wonderful time on this day of Thanksgiving!!!

Heather Rogers said...

I sure hope there is pie left over. We had pumpkin pie and I don't like it at all. SO I didn't get pie this Thanksgiving. Your apple pie looks wonderful girly.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your family.
The card is just darling. That paper is perfect for that stamp. :)

JennyGerber said...

Wow, you are one busy lady today; quite a varied menu!!! I hope you day was relaxing for you in the end! Your card is beautiful and really makes me crave an apple pie! Happy Thanksgiving!

Shana said...

Happy Thanksgiving, MOna. I'm glad you got some time in the midst of all that cooking to do something you enjoy.

HawaiiRenee said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day, Mona! Your card is so beautiful and your pie looks so yummy!
Aloha,
Renee

Ros said...

Beautiful card ... have a wonderful time with your family

Julia Aston said...

I love your pie card Mona - so pretty with the framing and fun papers - I can't believe how many different meals you had to prepare for your Thanksgiving feast! Sounds like no one would be left hungry! and your apple pie looks just yummy!

Davi said...

Such a cute card. Love how you colored the yummy pie and the fun dp you used with it. I be your pie was delicious!! Its always fun to celebrate with a houseful of family and delicious eats. Hope you had a grand time together!

Isabel Jett said...

Love your card Mona! Hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving Day!

Beth Newel said...

Mona, your pie card is so lovely! I love how you framed it so nicely with that WM stamp on the SB die! Such beautiful colors too! Hope you had a wonderful time yesterday and ate lots of turkey!

Unknown said...

I think I can smell this pie fresh from the oven! Love the stitching on it and that bit of lace. Just lovely!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

BethieJ said...

Mona your pie card so CUTE! and your pie looks YUMMY!! Sounds like you have a full menu for Thanksgiving.. sounds delish.. Hope you had a WONDERFUL day!!!
Have a GREAT weekend!

Courtney said...

Beautiful card, Mona! Between all that cooking and entertaining when do you have time to create such gorgeous cards? Wow! Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

Tigriswillreign said...

I don't know what looks more delicious, the card or the pie! Thanks for sharing!
FYI: I have blog candy up here!

BevL said...

Mona, your pie looks so scrumptious; I bet it's all gone! Your card looks edible too! Such gorgeous colors and I love that stamp! Cute little tag too! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Pammy said...

I think I'm in total awe of you... Amazing papercrafter and amazing cook! Martha should be shaking in her boots!!!!

Debbie said...

WOW ... reading over your menu makes me hungry all over again!! YUM!! What a pretty pie! Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Mona! Enjoy your weekend :)

Carrie said...

Very sweet card that probably matches the sweetness of your delicious looking apple pie! I'm amazed at how many different meals you made for everyone! You really are Martha! Hope you found some time to relax!

Deborah Frings said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This is such a sweet card - I love the colour combination.

Silvia said...

Just yummy! I love it!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS