with love...CR84FN24 72

Mona Pendleton | Sunday, April 17, 2011 @ 12:01 PM | , , ,

***I have 2 posts today~if you are looking for my April Friends of Waltzingmouse Stamps Waltz, please continue to scroll down or click HERE~ Thanks :)***

Hi there! Thanks so much to all who played along with us last week ~ so many pretty pink creations and thanks to all who continually support the challenge, the CR84FN DT and me :)

Are you ready for a new CR84FN Color Challenge? I know I am!
This week we are playing with LIGHT BLUE, AQUA and CREAM. Photos are courtesy of MARTHASTEWART.com 


Here's my interpretation of the warm pastel colors:


(Note: you can rotate this image 360 degrees by doing the following... Within the photo, click and drag your mouse pointer to the left or right to spin the box! You can also use the left and right arrows on your keyboard or use the left and right arrows icons. You can also zoom in or out to get a better view of the box by using the (+) and (-) icons. Lastly, you can simply press the Play icon (circular arrow) to rotate the box automatically. Give it a try!)


I made a gift ensemble for my sweet sister Tina who always watches my house and fur babies when I head out of town :)
I am lovin' the gorgeous Melissa Frances 5th Avenue Collection, the colors fit the bill so I ran with it! If you have visited my blog over the past few days, you may have noticed the crepe paper flowers and leaves I've been sporting on my projects? I am using Melissa Frances Vintage crepe paper and following Danielle Flanders awesome tutorial found HERE. SUPER easy!
I made the BIG blossom on the card and purse a little bit different than Danielle's tutorial. I added a few layers using Blossom die templates to cut a few layers of Crepe paper. To make the tag on the purse, I stamped a label image from Waltzingmouse Very Vintage Labels No. 1
with VersaMark ink, embossed with white embossing powder then used a Labels One die template to cut/emboss the image, adding a sentiment from Waltzingmouse Compliment of the Season.
That pretty much wraps up my take on the CR84FN24 color combo. Please hop on over to CR84FN for COMPLETE details on how to join in the fun and for some awesome inspiration, please visit all the designers blogs:
 Silke Ledlow (April Guest Designer)

If you are interested in a tutorial on how I made the purse shown in this post, please continue looking:

Step 1: First cut purse "parts" Using Spellbinders™Grand Labels Eleven #5 ~ cut patterned paper x 1, with #6 ~ cut Kraft cs x 1. Using Grand Labels One #3 ~ cut Kraft cs x 2, with #4 ~ cut patterned paper x 2. Set aside.
Step 2: To make body/box of purse, trim piece of 12" x 12" Kraft cs to 10" W x 11" L. Starting with  10"W side horizontally in front of you, measure 3" from LEFT edge, score REPEAT measuring 3" from RIGHT edge. Turn paper so 11"L side is now horizontally in front of you and measure 4" from LEFT edge, score REPEAT measuring 4" from RIGHT edge. Now, CUT score line at 4" to first intersecting score mark at 3". REPEAT x 4, 2 on EACH side.
Step 3: Fold along score lines and adhere sides, forming a box.
Step 4: Adhere Kraft cs and patterned paper labels made from Grand Labels One together and trim 3/4" from edge on ONE side. Making flat surface for purse topper set set on top of.
 
Step 5: Center purse body/box and adhere to purse front and back.
Step 6: To make purse topper, adhere Kraft cs and patterned paper labels made from Grand Labels Eleven together. With label horizontal, measure and score 3" from LEFT side and RIGHT side.
Step 7: To place eyelets on top of purse for handle, measure1 1/2" from LEFT and RIGHT side, center and place eyelets. To make holes to attach topper to purse body, measure 3/4" down from scored line on one side of top purse, center and punch 3 holes 1" apart from each other.
Step 8: Attach purse topper to purse body using 3 brads, add ribbon handle to desired length.
Step 9: Use a piece of adhesive backed velcro for purse closure and decorate as desired.
Thanks so much for looking! I hope you give it a try :) Would love to see what you make! Be Sweet :)

**I will be back today at 3:00 AM Eastern with another project to share for the Friends of Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Waltz EASTER theme. Hope to see you then :)

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Compliment of the Season, Very Vintage Labels No. 1, Victorian Frippery
Die Templates & Machine: Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® , Labels One, Labels Four, Blossom, Grand Labels Eleven, Grand Labels One, Nested Leaves, Grand Calibur
Patterned Paper: Melissa Frances 5th Avenue Collection
Other: Melissa Frances Vintage crepe paper
Sky Blue Vintage Crinkly ribbon Courtesy of Kimberly from My Craft Spot 
post signature


 Comments

72 Sweet Comments So Far:

Sarah said...

Mona this is beautiful! What a fantastic color combo, and thank you so much for the awesome tutorial.

Teri Holister said...

Wow, beautiful card and purse, Mona! Love these colors! Love the spinner too!

Emily Taylor said...

Great colors for this week, Mona! I really love your purse and it's so neat to be able to see it from all sides here!!! Pretty neat effect! Thanks for this wonderful tutorial too! I would love to give this a try!

MeredithS said...

Very pretty color palette this week and I love your beautiful samples! Both the purse and accompanying card are so beautiful! This new MF paper is so graceful and elegant and I love the crepe flowers and the beautiful tags! Thanks for showing this tutorial! And I have to tell you how cool your 3D spinning display is! Wow!

Evgenia Petzer said...

beautiful and palette is full of inspiration!

Hanna said...

OMG, Mona, you're a STAR! Your card and bag are both absolutely amazing! You always take my breath away, your creations are filled with beauty.

hugs from Hanna

Stella said...

I did rotate the box; and yes fell off my chair...
This is a piece of heaven...Pure beauty and every detail of this project is fabulous. I am in love!

Pauline said...

This is amazing!! An absolutely gorgeous gift for your lucky sister!! And this post is amazing too, the pics and the rotating slideshow is fabulous. Great tutorial too, thanks so much for the wonderful inspiration! xx

SusanH said...

Wow Mona, you just blow me away!!! What a gorgeous project! I love both the card and the elegant purse! These MF papers are beautiful! You entire post is so amazing; I love the spinning 3D view of the purse and your fabulous photography including the tutorial! Thanks Mona!!!!

Tumbleweed said...

Wow, Mona! Thanks for bringing back you 3D spinner! It's neat to get the complete view of your phenomenal designs! This project is absolutely stunning! TFS!

Crystal said...

Absolutely gorgeous project, Mona! Love the purse and the matching card! So nice to be able to see all your creativity in 360 degrees! Such a nice feature for your blog!

Victoria M said...

I don't know what to say, Mona!!! This project is breathtaking! The purse and the card are absolutely stunning and so creative! I love the 360 degree view of your purse template! Wow!

Mary Chen said...

Beautiful Mona! I have that purse on my "to-do" list! It's been there for quite some time... Maybe this is my invitation to finally give it a go! Your design is awe-inspiring! Thanks, Mona!

Ros said...

I love this ... the colours, the flowers ... the whole set is beautiful ... such inspiration .. have a lovely day

cyga said...

fantastic set of solours

Suzanne C said...

WOW! I will take an order of two of those for my DD. :) Beautiful set and loving what you are doing with the crepe paper and the flowers. Such wonderful details!

Deborah Frings said...

Mona - love the 3D display of the bag - really nice. And a fabulous tutorial too. This is a beautiful gift set. Your sister is going to be so pleased!!

Trudy said...

Super gorgeous card and bag, Mona! Lovely DP and gorgeous use of all these dies! I can't wait to give this bag a try! I remember seeing it earlier and noting, then, that I should try it. Now, it's a must!!! Thank you for the wonderful tutorial and for the amazing spinning display! How did you do that???

Millicent Forester said...

OMG, Mona! I made your lovely purse MOVE! I love that spinning slideshow so much! I can see all the wonderful details of your design all the way around! You always find a way to blow me away! I love the colours in this beautiful MF paper and I love the nice tags too! These challenge colours are very inspiring! TFS!

Nancy L said...

The most mazing project, Mona!!! I love these colors!! Wow, I love seeing the full 360 degrees of your fabulous purse! So sweet! Thanks!

Mandy Gwelton said...

I LOVE this little purse Mona!!! It's so nice to see the entire thing, all 360 degrees! I haven't seen you do this effect in a long time! It always is impressive! Your designs are always impressive too! TFS!

Linda F. said...

Mona, you are so amazing! This is a spectacular card and bag! I love the elegant mix of papers and texture! The lace is a nice touch and I love those big bold crepe paper flowers with the leaves! Just awesome!!! Great spinning effect too!!!!!

Unknown said...

OMG Mona.....HOW????? what a fabby thing to be able to do!!! just turn that wee purse right around!!! so pretty!! Everything you do is just to die for!!!!

~amy~ said...

Oh my WONDERFUL!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is so sweet and lovely, I love those DP!

Dawnll said...

I am loving that color combo- I don't use it a lot but started more lately.
Lovely gift set for your sister.
I love that spinner- how great is that- never seen that before besides shopping sites...lol

Unknown said...

Beautiful gift ensemble, Mona! Love the beautiful purse and matching card!

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning gift set for your sister Mona - she's going to love it! Fab use of this weeks colors, love all your extra sweet touches! Thanks for the tutorial!

Hilary Stock said...

Amazing bag and card, Mona! And to be able to spin the bag around to see all your fabulous details is amazing!!! You are such a STAR!!!!

Patricia Boyd said...

Gorgeous gift set!!! That paper is so elegant and I love the shape of the dies you used to make the purse!!! So cool that it spins around!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Your project is beautiful! Lovely little purse box and card to match. I love the flowers! Must learn how to make those. And I really like the ability to rotate your art work to see all sides!!! I showed my husband and asked 'how can I do this?' Oh what wonderful little aids we can place on our blogs!

Mirna said...

Amazing project! I wish I had 1/10th your talent, Mona! That little purse is amazing! I love seeing it from all sides with your special spinning window! Those crepe paper flowers are stunning and are the perfect focal point for your purse and card! Thanks for the purse tutorial too! Great job inspiring me!

Ellen S said...

Love the colors for this week, Mona! I really love your bag and how cool is it to be able to see it from all sides!!! LOVE this neat effect! Thanks for the wonderful tutorial; I will have to give this a try!

GabrielleH said...

Mona, your card and purse are absolutely amazing! Love that I can spin the purse around and see the back and sides! Love the flowers you made!

Diane Jaquay said...

GASP, be still my shabby heart, these pieces are EXQUISITE!!!

Isabel Jett said...

Gorgeous shabby chic gift set! Love that purse and the beautiful flower! That 360 degree spinner is just too cool!

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS set Mona!!~

Sue Lelli said...

Mona, that was so much FUN rotating your BEAUTIFUL box around! I did it over and over so I could gaze at all of the beautiful details and not miss a thing! And a card to match! Your sister is so lucky! LOVE the papers and the sentiments and the flower and the pearls and just EVERYTHING!

Lisa Kind said...

This is beautiful Mona! I'm definitely making one of these and that beautiful flower! Love the paper too! Off to shop! Thanks for enabling! LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly!!! LOVE this purse and tutorial!! The colors are perfect and the card is yummy to!!!

farmhouse-story said...

oh, wow! this is such a precious card and gift box, mona! your flower is amazing and i love the soft pretty look you have here:) thanks for the link to flower video--i will try it! and thanks for the cute box tut! great post!

Penny said...

Spectacular card and purse, Mona! I love the elegant mix of papers and I love those big crepe paper flowers with the leaves! So pretty! Also, the spinning effect is great so we can see all sides of this gorgeous little purse! TFS!

PaperMom said...

Fabulous bag and card, Mona! Such gorgeous paper and I love those crepe paper flowers! I always find great inspiration after visiting your pretty blog! Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

Amazing my sweet friend.. You are so creative. Love the pretty colors you chose this week..

Hugs, Linda

Debbie said...

BEAUTIFUL set ... such a lucky sister!!!

Ginny said...

Lovely card! Besides that Gorgeous flower (I'm going to have to try them) I was really drawn to your stacked button embellishment. Very cute and different. I also love the music note paper you chose.

Heidi said...

Perfect mix of colours this week, Mona! I think theses are amazing designs and I love the gorgeous PP you chose and the lovely paper flowers! Love being able to see your pretty purse from all sides! TFS!

velta said...

Hi Mona ~ I am so far down the list I doubt that you will even see my comment...I am SOOO in love with that Flower you made...I have got to check it out...that purse is adorable and I love the colors...I really think this is the BESTEST!!

Joanne Leddy said...

One word says it all ... Fabulous! Absolutely fabulous (ok - two words).

Heather Rogers said...

Love this cute set. I see you got your spinner thingy out again. ;) I am sure Tina will love it. Thanks, now I need to get some of the Grand Nesties. LOL

Hugs~

Pamela_U said...

Wow, Mona, this is absolutely stunning! I Love the spinning effect on your purse! Great choice of PP too! TFS!

RobinH said...

Great colors for this week! Love the blues and aqua! Your gift set is phenomenal, Mona! That little purse is gorgeous and I love the big flowers! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors, great tutorial and gorgeous art.

GinaB said...

Mona, you are so incredibly creative! This set is gorgeous! Love to see you brought you template spinner back! What a neat and useful effect! Nice to see ALL of your design from ALL sides! TFS!

Fiona said...

Wow! Gorgeous project, Mona! I adore this fabulous purse and the matching card! Your paper choices are perfection and the crepe paper flowers are stunning! Thanks!

Silvia said...

OMG....This is gorgeous, Mona! Awesome tutorial too! Love the little purse!

1CardCreator said...

Dreamy colors Mona, love the card and gift box. Thanks for sharing how you made it.

Kerry said...

This is pretty. Mona! Absolutely gorgeous project! That purse template is amazing! So nice to be able to see all your pretty design in 360 degrees! Havent't seen you do this in a while! Always so eye catching and fun! TFS!

Sheri L said...

Beautiful project!!! I love that purse and how you can have it spin around to see all of it! Great job!

Lori said...

Mona, what a stunning project! I just love the pretty flower on both and the gorgeous PP used!

Silke Ledlow said...

FABULOUS SET AND TUTORIAL Mona! Awesome way to use your Spellbinders :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Andrea M said...

Oh my Mona!!! You continually knock my socks off!!!! This is just so AMAZINGLY well crafted!!! WOW!! Thanks so much for the tutorial allowing us to see (and recreate :)) your fantastic process!! The whole set is just EXQUISITE!!!

Cynthia Perkins said...

Such a gorgeous gift set Mona! I love the shape of the dies you used and I love the color and pattern of this paper! So elegant and creative! That crepe paper flower is gorgeous! Thanks for the nice tutorial. Great job and thanks for bringing back your 3D spinner! How cool is that?

Lea L. said...

These are gorgeous, Mona! Love the beautiful big flowers you've added!!

Alison said...

Incredibly gorgeous, Mona! Wow! Love that template and love the spinner! I missed it!

Cecilia said...

OMG, Mona you are so creative and talented! This is such an amazing project! I can't get over this beautiful bag and card combo! That bag is so beautifully detailed and I love that you can spin it around! You are one fabulous designer! WOW!

Cyndie said...

Wow, what a gorgeous set! I love the crepe paper flowers and your use of the colors! Thanks for the instructions, and for the inspiration!

Daniela Dobson said...

Love this little set. Crepe paper is my favorite I use it all the time. The little purse is adorable.

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Soooo pretty!! Love the colors and the beautiful lace! The 3D spinner is fantastic!! How do you do that? Wow!

Kimberly

Beate said...

Wow! This looks amazing. I love everything you create!
Hugs and smiles

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fabulous bag and mathing card Mona. The colors and shapes are perfect. Just gorgeous! So elegant.

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

Gorgeous Mona! You always create such fabulous purses with spellbinders dies! Wow!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS