Bosom Buddies...SSD73 48

Mona Pendleton | Monday, April 18, 2011 @ 9:00 PM | , , ,

Happy Tuesday! Hope you are having a great week so far :) Here today to share a card I made for this week's Skipping Stones Design sketch challenge. You may recall, I am Guest Designing for Skipping Stones Design for the month of April :) All are encouraged to join along in the fun!

Here's my interpretation:
I stamped a pretty lacy bra image from Skipping Stones Design Bras Volume #1 then sponged a slight border adding a bit of color while creating a soft frame. Both sentiments are from the same stamp set which is full of so many fun images! As much as I hate to admit it, I purchased this set waaaay back in October 2010 when Heather, Owner of Skipping Stones Design was graciously hosting a fund raiser for Breast Cancer Awareness. Check out this awesome sketch:
I think the lacy detail in the bra is oh so beautiful! Not only would the images from this stamp set be perfect for any special woman in your life but for that special man as well ;)
Thanks so much for looking! Please stop by the Skipping Stones Design blog for COMPLETE details on how to join in the fun and for some awesome inspiration please visit all the designers blogs:

Diana Fisher (Guest Designer), Amy Tsuruta, Ann Kranitz, Barb Turpin, Brenda Weaver, Gladys Chia, Jennifer Ingle, Kandi Phillips, Tammie Beaton, and Wendy Jordan.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Skipping Stones Design Bras Volume #1
Die Templates and Machine: Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® Labels One SMLabels One, Labels Four, The Wizard, Papertrey Ink Edgers #2
Patterned Paper: the girl's paperie
Ribbon: Pink Bubblegum Vintage crinkly ribbon & Vintage Cherry Bakers Twine Courtesy of Kimberly @ My Craft Spot  
post signature


 Comments

48 Sweet Comments So Far:

Unknown said...

Wauw so nice Mona!! Great card.
Hugs Ageeth xx

Julie Ranae said...

AdOrAbLe!!!

Cynthia Lloréns said...

I loved your blog everything here is very beautiful and your work is an inspiration!!
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs from Brazil
Cynthia

rudlis said...

Stunning design and gorgeous card!
Hugs,
Rudlis

GinaB said...

Really gorgeous card, Mona! I love that bra stamp and how you matched it to the pretty paper! Apropos sentiments too!

Emily Taylor said...

Adorable card, Mona! Only you could combine cute and elegant! I love these SSD stamps you used too!

Nancy L said...

So cute Mona! What a fabulous stamp and framed so nicely! TFS!

Fiona said...

Sweet card, Mona! I just love the sentiment!! LOL!

Ros said...

Fabulous ... that stamp is indeed so pretty ... love you take on the sketch too ... brilliant sketch by the way

Lindsay said...

Too fun Mona! Love the way you used those doily die cuts! Love this set!

~amy~ said...

Wonderful card Mona! great details...as always!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous Mona!

Silvia said...

OMG...this is great Mona! Love it!

Wendy said...

Just fabulous Mona!! Your cards look so effortless beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along with us at SSD this month. It is an honor to work besides you!!

Tamra said...

Love this! Pretty colors! Have a wonderfulw week!

Pattie said...

So very pretty - I love how you make shabby chic so cool!

Kerry said...

Very pretty card! I love that BG paper and that stamp is so fun with the sentiments!!! Great job!

HeatherCz said...

What a fun card! I love the stamped sentiments and the adorable bra stamp! Great choice of colors!

Connie J said...

So sweet! Great use of these neat stamps!!!

Unknown said...

so cute this is so clever....

Dawnll said...

This is such a pretty one and such a great idea for the design.
Love that bra image

Sheri L said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the BG paper and the beautiful image! Your stamped sentiments are doubly perfect!!

Christy Haverhill said...

Love this design, Mona! Cute stamped bra image!

Lori said...

Neat shabby chic design, Mona! I love that bra stamp and the sweet sentiments! Great take on the sketch too!

Jingle said...

Such a pretty card! I love it!

Barb Turpin said...

What a pretty card...love that sponging, mine never quite gets the results I'm looking for!LOL

GabrielleH said...

Adorable card! I really love the bra stamp and I love the sweet sentiment! Great job as usual, Mona!

Erica said...

Fabulous card! Love these stamps!

Brenda said...

Just gorgeous!!Fabulous use of the stamps!

Silke Ledlow said...

LOL...awesome buddy card :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Pammy said...

What a sweet and elegant design! Love these stamps!

Hilary Greene said...

So beautiful, Mona! These SSD stamps are so fun! TFS!

Cynthia Perkins said...

Mona, I never would have figured out what to do with a bra stamp! Now I know! You are just so creative! I love it!

PaperMomma said...

Very pretty card!!! Love this so much! Great stamps and nice BG paper! So gorgeous as usual!

Unknown said...

Such a cute card.. That image just make me smile.

Hugs, Linda

Isabel Jett said...

Cute card Mona! Great SSD stamps!!!

Mirna said...

Pretty card, Mona! Love the sweet sentiments and the bra stamp! Great BG paper to!

Angi Barrs said...

This one made me SMILE....Love it. :) :) LOL

Kelly Meinertz said...

Absolutely adorable card, Mona! Thanks for sharing!

Heather Rogers said...

So stinkin' cute! Love the bra and pretty Girls' paper. I got some and I am dying to use it. Thanks for the inspiration. :)
Hugs~

Alison said...

Do darling, Mona! I chuckled when I saw this cute card and the very appropriate sentiments! TFS!

Sue Hester said...

Love this adorable card! I love the bra stamp and the fun sentiment! Love how everything is framed! Great job, Mona!!!

RobinH said...

Very pretty, Mona! Love these stamps!

Cecilia said...

Beautiful and sweet card! Love the sentiments with the bra stamp! Thanks so much!

Mary Chen said...

Adorable card! This one really made me smile! TFS!

Stella said...

Buying this stamp for a good cause is a wonderful way to support breast cancer awareness. And you always know how to create an amazing card with a wonderful stamp. I love the lace details on the bra :)
Happy Easter!

Suzanne C said...

Sweet card and it gave me a chuckle when it showed up in my reader! :)

Andrea M said...

LOL!!! Not only is this card fabulous and clever (tee hee!) but I LOVE how you mentioned it would be great for a man!!! Too funny!!! In all seriousness, what a great way to support a very worthy cause!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS