Born To Fly... 31

Mona Pendleton | Saturday, April 27, 2013 @ 4:25 PM | , , , , , ,

Hi there! I hope you are having a great weekend! When I was at the craft store the other day, I spotted a super McCall's cute owl pattern that was just asking for me to take her home ;) This was one of those items that I was just dying to play with and couldn't resist any longer! So I pulled out lots of supplies including my smaller art journal and this is what I created: 
Before I could make her, I first created my own colorful paper:
There are lots of layers of various products on this page. The background was collaged using pieces from all the papers shown above and so is my girl. To create her eyes and the circles on the page, I used dies from both Die-namics Circles STAX Set 1 and 2 to die cut book page paper.
The random text was stamped using the text image from MFT DC First Class Friend and the Born To Fly sentiment and die cut is from Die-namics Airplane Greetings Die & Stamp Set.
I embarrassingly purchased the Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate (shown below) back in December from a local stamping store and just pulled it out several days ago! YIKES! I don't know what I was thinking!!! Oh my gosh ~ the paper that you can create with this along with any of your favorite stencils, stamps, paints, sprays, etc... is limitless and SUPER easy!
For color inspiration, I joined along with the colourQ Challenge
Thank you very much for visting ~ I hope you have an awesome weekend!
Be Sweet ;)
post signature


 Comments

31 Sweet Comments So Far:

Chris said...

Wow, Mona, this is amazing! Love the gorgeous paper you created and turned your little owl into a masterpiece! Thanks for the info on the Gelli; hadn't heard of it before this. Looks like it produces amazing results!

Wilma Voermans said...

Love your owl! And your doodling is so free and fun!

Karen Motz said...

I can't believe you made all toes gorgeous papers! The finished product is SO pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

This is as cute as can be Mona!!

Karen Motz said...

Those, not toes. Darn autocorrect. ;-)

Sue Lelli said...

Mona, can't WAIT to get my Gelli plate - especially after seeing those BEAUTIFUL papers you created! LOVE the colors and your owl is so CUTE! Just an AMAZING mixed media page!

Constance said...

So cute, Mona! Love these colours!

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous page Mona, that owl image is so sweet, and your papers are fabulous!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Loooove owls and this is such a creative and original one!! Pretty how you created a plaid of patterns for his belly! Looks amazing!! Wonderful creation!
Wishing you a lovely day.
Hugs, Wendy

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love!!! Love all the colors and the squiggles and the textures!

Ros Crawford said...

I can SEE you had fun here ... So sweet and cute ... enjoy your weekend

Cathy McGrath said...

So glad that you caved in! So many wonderful designs and patterns. You certainly crafted up a fabulous storm!

Christine L said...

This is gorgeous.. and I so want to come and play at your house!

Hugs
Christine x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Mona! Love the sweet owl and the papers you made are just amazing! Looks like a fun project!

Isabel Jett said...

Darling little hootie! Love these colors! That Gelli looks amazing!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Is there anything you CAN'T do? I mean really...you have the mixed-media thing down, including this awesome project. WOW...REALLY...WOW!

Crystal said...

Darling and so gorgeous, Mona! Love all your mixed media projects! I really want to learn this! Soon!

Heidi said...

Wow, Mona, this is so creative! I would love to learn how to create such wonderful artwork! Thanks for the inspiration!

Trudy said...

Really love how you have created such gorgeous papers using this Gelli plate! I'm all in! Will be looking for it here in Scotland ASAP!

Unknown said...

I love this sweet little owl. I haven't picked up a Gelli plate yet but your project inspires me to go buy one today. :) I love the colors and your journaling!

Cindy Sartain said...

I love your style! Beautiful artwork!

BethieJ said...

FABULOUS Mona.. the papers you made and the DARLING owl!!! You are making me want to run up and create my own papers!!! :)
Hope your having a GREAT day!

Ashley said...

Awesome page! Love the cute little hootie! That Gelli plate looks fabulous! I'll have to put it on my must have list! I guess, I'll need some paints too...

GabrielleH said...

So glad to see that you finally used the Gelli! I have wondered what it could do and now I'm planning on giving it a try too! Your results are incredible! Thanks so much for the inspiration, Mona!

Julie said...

Awesome! Love the owl and the pretty papers!

RobinH said...

Absolutely stunning! Love the cute little colorful owl! That photo of all the magnificent custom paper you made is gorgeous by itself! What an amazing product in your creative hands! Very inspiring! You have me thinking now... mmmmm...

Helen Watanabi said...

Beautiful project! Love that little owl!

1CardCreator said...

This is so sweet, love that Gelli Plate too, I have seen them used before, they are very cool! ~Diane

Kathy M said...

Wow, I really love the gorgeous paper you created! You always work wonders with color!

Kara said...

so cool!! love your page! i have been experimenting with art journaling myself and loving it! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

Sylvia said...

Hi Mona, Your project is lovely! I love that owl, I have been trying to get around to drawing owls for months now. I am going to have to break down and just start! Love how you used the colors on this page. Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS