Once upon a time...13arts mixed media canvas 33

Mona Pendleton | Wednesday, April 2, 2014 @ 2:00 AM | , , , ,

Hi there! I hope you are having a great week! It's my turn to share a project on the 13arts blog ~ if you get a chance, please be sure to stop by ~ click HERE. I made a canvas featuring a photo of my son Jerry and his beautiful bride, April. This photo was actually their engagement announcement photo.
To start, I added lots of texture to the canvas using Ayeeda Acrylic Modeling Paste along with the Gears Stencil. Once dry, I applied a layer of Gesso ~ Acrylic Primer over the entire background including all the embellishments, 13arts Ayeeda ~ Timeless Subtitles, and lace trimming. Once the background was dry, I randomly applied beautiful Ayeeda Mists Pearl Bordeaux " full strength" as well as some that I diluted for a more subtle shade of pink. I applied  Modeling Paste to the pocketwatch frame, allowed to dry, then applied Pearl Gold Paint followed with Matte Black paint:
To add color to the previously Gessoed title, I sprayed using the following 13arts ~ Ayeeda Pearl Mists: Black GraphiteBrown then lightly, applied Pearl Gold Paint:
To complete my canvas, I randomly flicked on diluted 13arts ~ Ayeeda Gesso:
Many thanks for visiting! I hope my tutorial helps provide you with a better understanding on how to create a project like my sample.
Be Sweet ;)


 Comments

33 Sweet Comments So Far:

Unknown said...

So gorgeous canvas! Beautiful photo!

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely beautiful ... i love the texture ... and such a beautiful couple too!

Trudy said...

Wow, Mona, this is breathtaking! What incredible colour and texture! Love all the pinks! Truly magnificent work! Love the photo too! TFS!

Naomi T said...

Stunning, Mona! I'm speechless! WOW!

Mary Chen said...

Love the detail in this project, Mona! Your texture and colours look amazing! Love your time theme; the hand watch is just perfect! TFS!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful layers and depth Mona! The gold watches pop on the pink tones. Great picture of the couple too ;)

Evgeniia Kolesnikova said...

Мона, как смело!!!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Stunning layout, Mona. Beautiful texture and lovely pink in the background.

Tracey said...

You are a mixed media queen!! This is just beautiful Mona!!

1CardCreator said...

This is stunning Mona and thank you for sharing how you made it too! ~Diane

Lisa said...

My gosh, this is stunning!! What a gorgeous canvas!! I love all of the texture and the colors!! The picture is so beautiful and you showcased it perfectly!! Love, love this!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

sandi said...

Gorgeous Mona, simply gorgeous!

Julia Aston said...

wow - how lovely Mona! love your wonderfully textured background - such a pretty framing for a wonderful photo!

BevL said...

Gorgeous canvas, Mona! Love the pretty texture and wonderful photo!

Diane Jaquay said...

The texture on this is AMAZING, and the colors, WOW WOW WOW, love this, Mona!!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous!! Gorgeous pic of Jerry and April!! Hope the wedding went fabulously well...I'm sure it did!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Stunning! Can't wait to see wedding photos!

Adriana B said...

stunning and gorgeous, love all the colour and textures

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Beautiful layout, I love this.

Yesnir said...

Incredibly gorgeous project!! I really love all the pretty texture and wonderful painting you did! This is a work of art!!! WOW!

Isabel Jett said...

OMG, Mona, this is so beautiful! How do you create such incredible backgrounds? I LOVE the colors and amazing texture! Thanks for sharing!

Davi said...

SO beautiful MOna! I love the all the texture and color you created, so perfect to show their sweet picture off on!!

Mercedes said...

Lovely canvas!! Really love these colors and texture! WOW!

Unknown said...

This looks wonderful Mona. I LOVE seeing your Mixed Media work.

Hugs~

Greta said...

That background is just amazing, Mona! What a wonderful picture--this is a treasure!

Yvonne Dalhammer said...

Really beautiful project! I'm amazed by your background! OMG!

SusanH said...

Stunning work, Mona! What amazing colors and that textured background is mind boggling! WOW! You are so talented!

Fiona said...

Amazing detail and colour, Mona! How do you do this so beautifully? The background texture is gorgeous! TFS!

Sue Lelli said...

GORGEOUS, Mona! Love the colors no the textures!

PaperMomma said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous, Mona! I'm speechless!

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful! Love all the texture! :)

carol watson said...

Beautiful, love your creativity.

stampingbowd said...

Gorgeous! Sweet photo! Amazing texture and I love the sentiment!!!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS