Live, Laugh, Love and a Tutorial 30

Mona Pendleton | Wednesday, January 15, 2014 @ 3:00 AM | , , ,

Hi there and welcome to my creative space. Today it's my turn to share a project on the 13arts blog. With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I was inspired to create this altered chipboard heart using a variety of awesome 13arts products!
I added lots of texture and dimension using Ayeeda Acrylic Modeling Paste along with a Brick Wall stencil:
I randomly added color using the following beautiful Ayeeda Mists: Pearl BordeauxPearl Brown and Chalk Yellow Amber. TIP: rather than spraying the mists on my project, I prefer to apply using a paintbrush which allows for more control.
Once I was happy with the colorful background, I adhered a variety of embellishments. The bigger blossom shown below was a white paper flower from my stash that I customized using Ayeeda Pearl Mist ~ Pearl Bordeaux:
I repeated the same process altering the bigger blossom shown below using Ayeeda Chalk Mist ~ Chalk Yellow Amber
Here are a few photo step shots that I took along the way sharing my creative process:

Step 1: Randomly tear strips of Ayeeda Faces of Spring Collection ~ Natural Beauty patterned paper, apply to chipboard heart. Allow to dry.
Step 2: Apply Ayeeda Acrylic Modeling Paste along with a Brick Wall stencil. Allow to dry.
Step 3: Randomly apply the following beautiful Ayeeda Mists: Pearl Bordeaux, Pearl Brown and Chalk Yellow Amber using a paintbrush:
Many thanks for visiting! I hope my tutorial helps provide you with a better understanding on how to create a project like my sample.
Be Sweet ;)

13arts Products Used:



 Comments

30 Sweet Comments So Far:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

The background is the best!!!
Thanks for showing us how you created this...I love it!

Mary Reidel said...

Wow, Mona you are such an amazing artist! This project is stunning! Love the colors and texture you create!! All of your embellishments are divine! Really incredible stuff!!! Scrolling up to look at it again!!!

Constance said...

Amazing project, Mona! Thanks for showing your steps!

Anonymous said...

Whooooooooooooooaaaaa!!!
You made that..?!!
At the top -- I thought that was an advertisement of the blog -- or a logo !!

Ahhhhhhhmazing!! Absolutely amazing !!!
Wow!! I have just picked my head up from the floor --- you just blew my mind... Honestly !

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous piece, love all the texture. ~Diane

Marisa Job said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! Love your work!

Angi Barrs said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Love all of the beautiful elements.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Beautiful! Love all the added depth and details. Mona, I bet your house is amazing and filled with all your amazing creations.

Stella said...

Your tutorials are very inspiring; I just added modeling paste to my wishlist; I already have some mists and gesso. But to be honest; it will be a long way for me to create something like this. But it' s about the fun of creating and that's what I see in your project. Yes it' s gorgeous but I can read in your post that you had a lot of fun creating this beauty. Sometimes it's fun to create a total mess to make something beautiful! :)

BethieJ said...

BEAUTIFUL MONA!! I LOVE this so much!!
Hope your day is GREAT!

Davi said...

Awesome heart Mona, Love all the texture and the beautiful colors :)

Lisa Elton said...

So vibrant and full of pretty textured layers Mona!!

yyam said...

Oh wow. The colours and textures are amazing Mona!

MeredithS said...

Wow, this is incredibly gorgeous, Mona! Amazing texture and color!!! I want all of those embellishments too! Thanks for sharing this wonderful tutorial!

Sue Lelli said...

The colors are so Pretty and I Love the brick BG!

zehra said...

Beautiful, love the colors, the background and the project, thanks for the tutorial, I live visual illustrations.

Crystal said...

Wow, incredible project, Mona! The background is phenomenal! Love the colours and texture! Thanks for show how it's done!

Carol Reisner said...

Lovely work, Mona!!! Breathtaking detail and color! WOW!

Lynette Jacobs said...

What a gorgeous heart. So rich in texture and color.

Ashley said...

Amazing, Mona!!! How do you constantly create such magnificent pieces? I'm ga ga over your background! Love the Springy colors too!

sandi said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is stunning!

Unknown said...

A wonderful tutorial. I LOVE seeing how you create your MM pieces. The texture here looks awesome. And I am also loving the colors. Looks awesome my friend.

Hugs~

Kelly said...

Amazing work of art, Mona!!! Your textured background is BREATHTAKING! Wow! Love seeing how you did it! Thanks!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

That background is aaaaaamaaaazzzzing! Beautiful piece of art! And thanks for sharing how you did it!!

Kerry said...

Beautiful project! I love the depth the texture gives and the colors you chose are gorgeous! If you need a home for this beautiful piece please let me know! :)

Mary Chen said...

Breathtaking project! So wonderful that you included a tutorial! Amazing texture and colour! TFS!

Fiona said...

Phenomenal project! Your colours are divine and that texture you created is magnificent, Mona! One of my new favourites of your's now! Pure eye candy!

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous!! I love the brick stencil!

Pammy said...

Incredible project!!! Love colors and gorgeous texture! Wow!

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful, Mona. I love the bold colors and mix of pretty embellishments. :)


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS