Boo 26

Mona Pendleton | Sunday, October 13, 2013 @ 8:27 AM | , , ,

Hello! Hope you are having a great weekend! I have some silly but exciting crafty news to share ~ a project of mine, (click HERE), was selected as one of Tim Holtz's Blogworthy October features! In the ginormous ~ world wide crafting business, that is a big deal ;)

Today I have a tag to share that was inspired by Tim's 12 tags of 2013 ~ October challenge where Tim is challenging us all to create a Halloween inspired project using Distress glitter. This tag has so many layers of paint, ink and mist that I lost track! I actually started out using pink, orange and white paint! I misted with Dylusions Funky Fusion spray which is shockingly vibrant hot pink then I toned it down, (believe it or not), with a layer of Dylusions White Linen spray.
For additional dimension, I added a piece of embossed, sanded Tim Holtz card stock followed with the Tim Holtz spider web blueprint image. For the title, I pulled out my label maker, punched the word BOO then framed it with a die cut chipboard label which I painted with Adirondack black acrylic paint and coated with Distress Rock Candy glitter.
I'm also entering this tag into the Our Creative Corner "It's Halloween ~ Let's Tag it On" challenge where we are challenged to create a Halloween tag featuring surface texture. For my texture, I embossed the tag with the Tim Holtz Bubble embossing folder.

Thanks so much for visiting ~ I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Be Sweet ;)
post signature


 Comments

26 Sweet Comments So Far:

Caroline said...

Congratulations!!
Really cool tag (& I don't do pink, lol)... That distress glitter sure does glitter?! :)

Inge Groot said...

Fabulous color combination, love all the glitter too...awesome tag Mona!

Mirna said...

What a fun Halloween tag! Love the different colors!

MichelleMc said...

Congratulations, Mona! What a fabulous tag! Love the vibrant pink with the black, as well as the textures and stamping!

Lisa Elton said...

Big congrats Mona on your happy news! Super tag, I like the web!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Awesome news on being selected by Tim Holtz, Mona ... I went to check it out! And your pink/purple/gray take on a Halloween tag here is so fun and different. I love it, and the Dymo tag!

Mercedes said...

Wonderful Halloween tag, Mona! Love the colors!

Sue Lelli said...

WOW! CONGRATS, Mona! No wonder your tag was picked! LOVE the colors and the blueprint web and the shiny frame and FAB bow!

Stacey Pembroke said...

Pretty tag! Congratulations on this awesome honor! So well deserved!

Fiona said...

Congratulations, Mona! Another well deserved honour!

Ros Crawford said...

Congrats to you!! Beautiful tag!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Congratulations, Mona!!! No wonder... This tag is fabulous! I love the colors! And all the glitter!

~amy~ said...

Oh I love your tag Mona!

Davi said...

Wohoo congrats Mona :) Love the hot pink and grey along with the cool texture on this tag, very pretty!

Unknown said...

Beautiful tag, Mona! Love the vibrant colors! Congrats on your feature - your project was wonderful and the feature was so well deserved!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Congrat's on being published, that is big news! I love this fabulous tag and the sparkle.

Pammy said...

Lovely tag! Love the non-traditional colors! Congrats on being chosen by Tim! What an honor!

sandi said...

Congrats on your TH feature! This is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Huge congrats on being selected by "the man" himself !!!! That's a giant whopper of an honor!!!
I bow down to you, crafty goddess!!!!
:)) :))
Your hot pink tag is lovely & I'm shocked to say, "wow, that's bright!!" -- lol :)) I was thinking I was on the wrong blog, but I love seeing you rock the brighter colors!!! It's so fun!! :))
Many congrats again!!
Whoop ! Whoop !!

Constance said...

Congratulations, Mona! So neat to see you featured by Tim Holtz! WOW!

SusanH said...

Beautiful tag, Mona! Congrats on being selected by Tim! AMAZING!

Julia Aston said...

Congrats again on being blogworthy!!! love the colors on this spooky Halloween tag - love all the glitter!

stampingbowd said...

Great tag! Wonderful color! Love the staples and the TH image is such fun! HUGE congrats on the shout from TH blog! How cool is that!!!! I am not a bit surprised that you would be noticed ALL over the craft world!!!

Christine L said...

What a gorgeous tag.... in my favourite shade of pink..... and with all that glitter... LOVE it!

And well done (well deserved too) on being featured by TH!!

Big hugs
Christine x

Jenny Marples said...

This may be vibrant Mona but it really works. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Jenny x

Julia S-W said...

Wonderful texture on the surface of your tag Mona!! Just love how you've created the layers on this fab tag. You nailed my challenge this month at Our Creative Corner - thanks so much for joining us. Congratulations for your shout out from TH too!
Juliax


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS