believe... 31

Mona Pendleton | Wednesday, October 30, 2013 @ 10:40 AM | , , ,

Hi there and Happy November! Time sure flies ~ before we know it, we'll be ringing in 2014! It's time for an all new Mixed Media Color Challenge! Thanks to all who took the time to share their creativity with us and thanks to those who left encouraging comments :)

In celebration of the upcoming holidays, this will be our last challenge of 2013! Rather than the usual color story to play with we are offering you, the artist, the option to play with whatever colors inspire you to create a holiday mixed media project!
I was inspired to create a 3D home decor piece using some of the new products and techniques that Finnabair introduced to me this past summer when I attended one of her classes. This piece has so many layers of gel medium, tissue paper, paints, mists, chipboard embellishments and metal trinkets I lost count!
Once I had the wooden box covered with music note tissue paper, I added texture using the Stargaze stencil. For added interest and design, I randomly stamped the polka dot image from Distressed Background Blocks and the text image from Collage Backgrounds:
To create the Christmas tree, I layered various metal trinkets from my stash including several that I have had for about 10 years! (the gingerbread man piece and the believe word plaque). Once I built the tree and had it adhered in place, I painted with various paints, mists, sprays and inks.
Thank you for stopping by! Please be sure to visit the Mixed Media Color Challenge site for some fab inspiration from Sue and for complete details on how to join along.
post signature


 Comments

31 Sweet Comments So Far:

Andreja said...

WoW Mona, what a fantastic tree you made! Soo many great details ...
Hugs, Andreja

HeatherCz said...

Wow, Mona, you are so incredibly creative! This is stunning!

GabrielleH said...

Wow, this is so creative, Mona! Love how you created that gorgeous tree! Love the colors and the pretty charms!

Silke Ledlow said...

OH...this is a MASTERPIECE Mona! I love everything about it!!!! Hugs ~S~

Wilma Voermans said...

Super project you made. I love the layering of all the elements to create 3d effect!! I never saw that before in the finnabair style, very clever!

Heather Rogers said...

This is super cute! I love all the metal accents and how they blend together to make a Christmas tree. :)

Lisa Elton said...

What a FUN tree!! This is terrific Mona!!

Margie Higuchi said...

One word: AMAZING~!! LOVE this wonderful project <3

Lori said...

Absolutely incredible, Mona! This is so gorgeous!

Lori Kilterman said...

Mona, you are so creative! I absolutely adore this beautiful piece! So many gorgeous details! TFS!

Unknown said...

That is one amazing tree. All those trinkets make the perfect tree.. Love this.

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Oh, girl -- please don't say 2014!!
That said --- this is beyond masterful !! Someone is just begging to catalog all of those wonderful goodies !!
How on earth did you ever get them all on there ???!
Mind boggling !!

Lovely super fly tree !!! Just too fun!!
Xo

Ros Crawford said...

I'm blown away by this! Such a fabulous piece of art ... So inspiring!

Sue Lelli said...

FANTASTIC creation! LOVE the colors and all of the trinkets, especially the zipper for the trunk! Too BEAUTIFUL for words, Mona!

Julia Aston said...

what a great box! love all the metal on your wonderful tree - it takes a while to see it all!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

OMG! What a fantastic tree! I just love it!

Melody said...

LOVE, LOVE this Mona! Pretty colors and I love all the dimension. I would love to take a class from Finnabair!

Vickie Z said...

Whoa.... that is one fabulous tree!! Love the colors and all the trinkets.... adds depth, interest, and dimension!!

MeredithS said...

Absolutely amazing, Mona! I could just look at this for hours! So gorgeous!

Alison said...

Wow, Mona, this is phenomenal! So beautiful and creative! WOW!

Davi said...

FAbulous!! I do love that tree, so much dimension you created with all the cool elements you combined :)

Kim R. said...

Wow, so creative! I love this "tree" so much! All the pretty charms are layered so beautifully and I love the gorgeous colors! Really one of your best projects ever!

Ella Swan said...

This is absolutely fantabulously gorgeous! Absolute WOW!! And how great to take a break over December!! I really should have thought of that for SATW too!!

Unknown said...

You have been busy creating! This is stunning, Mona! I've never seen a tree so creative!

Mary Reidel said...

Beautiful tree! Such gorgeous details in your lovely tree! Love the colors too!

Mary Chen said...

Wow, so creative, Mona! Love how you created this beautiful tree! Amazing!

Lynette Jacobs said...

What a stunning mixed media project. I love all the trinkets that make up the tree.

Cheryl said...

Wow, Mona, that tree is phenomenal! I love mix of trinkets, and your colors are beautiful!

Sue Hester said...

Stunning charm tree! Love the way you colored them and arranged them! So creative!

Jan Evans said...

I'm so blown away by your phenomenal project, Mona! WOW! Absolutely stunning!

Mirna said...

Beautiful work of art, Mona! Love all the pretty painted details on this canvas! So perfectly done!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS