Good Times...MFT July NPT 44

Mona Pendleton | Tuesday, July 9, 2013 @ 7:00 PM | , , , , , , ,

 
Hi! Welcome to the July MFT New Product Tour! Tonight, the MFT DT will be taking you on a tour of all the new products that are available NOW right HERE in the MFT Boutique.  I'm very excited to share with a few projects I made focusing on the following Brand Spankin' New Products: MPD Tropical Sensations, Die-namics MPD Tropical Sensations, MPD Concentric Circles Stencil and the MPD Petal Pattern Stencil.

First up is a layout featuring photos of both Meredith and Connor that were taken several years ago while we were vacationing on Maui. I think they still had baby teeth in their mouths! YIKES! 
To create this layout, I first started by layering and stitching a piece of paper (blue one) that I made using the Gelli Arts Printing plate onto a yellow 12 x 12 piece of card stock. Once stitched in place, I added design and texture using the MPD Concentric Circles Stencil with fiber paste.

Once the fiber paste was dry, I adhered the photos of Meredith and Connor that were die cut using Die-namics Pierced Circle STAX dies. Now the page was ready to be embellished with lots of flowers using Tropical Sensations. The yellow plumeria shown below was stamped using a combination of the pretty Banana Split and Lemon Drop inks.
The Hibiscus blossoms shown below were stamped using a combination of Sno Cone and Banana Split inks. All of the other non stamped Hibiscus blossoms on the page were made using the Die-namics Hibiscus die along with the following colors of cardstock: Banana Split, Lemon Drop and Sno Cone and the foliage was made using Gumdrop Green. For added shimmer, I sprayed the cardstock Hibiscus blossoms with MIX-ables Sheer Shimmer Mist.
For the title, I used one of the fun dies from Die-namics LLD Accent It - Celebrate to die cut a piece of Lemon Drop card stock. Peeking out from below the title is a little stamped / die cut banner that was made using LLD Bitty Banners
Next is a rather clean and simple card featuring a couple Hibiscus blooms from Tropical Sensations as well as a sentiment. This card was so easy to make and took very little time! I simply die cut a piece of Sweet Tooth cardstock using the beautiful Die-namics Modern Morocco die then adhered the stamped / die cut Hibiscus blossoms and sentiment.
Last but not least is another card featuring a Hibiscus blossom and sentiment, both from Tropical Sensations. Once the Hibiscus was stamped and die cut, I adhered it on top of a fun triple layered stack that was made using Die-namics Pierced Circle STAX dies.
For added design, texture and color, I applied molding paste to the background using the MPD Petal Pattern Stencil. Once dry, I lightly sprayed a mist that was made using Banana Split ink and MIX-ables Sheer Shimmer Mist. I finished the card with a trio of stitched on Blu Raspberry buttons.
Thanks so much for stopping by ~  I hope you enjoyed my projects.
Be sure to head over to the MFT Blog, where you can see what the rest of the team came up with using the new products.
Be Sweet ;)post signature










 Comments

44 Sweet Comments So Far:

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the concentric circles, Mona and your FAB LO! Not only are the kids GORGEOUS but so are your papers and flowers and stitching! LOVE BOTH the cards! My FAV projects of your during this new release! CONGRATS!

Melody said...

Beautiful, beautiful colors and projects! I love the Circle stencil so much!

Joan V said...

Mona, your projects are awesome, as usual. I really love your scrapbook layout. Thanks for the inspiration.

Davi said...

Beautiful LO Mona, love all the texture and flowers with the pics, second card is very pretty, love the way the soft colored hibiscus look with the morocco background! The third is my favorite, I really love colors you combined, texture and pretty flower ;)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, fabulous designs, love these!!!

Anonymous said...

Let's start with the good news!!! These are my fave summer colors -!! Have a card on my blog today w/ those sweet hues... I love all of the cards & layouts you did, but I can see myself making the 3rd one, for sure!! It's right up my alley!!
Now for the bad news, I spent an absolute MINT tonight @ MFT & was trying to hold back from getting it all !!
I did buy your stamp set & dies just like I mentioned before. They are just too awesome to miss out on!
I also grabbed the bitty banners & many other things... Sigh -- hubby is going to be so unhappy with me this month. I rounded out my copic collection & now this...
I always like to leave on a positive note -- wouldn't it be fun to have a crafty play date w: all of these new goodies!
So that's a plus!! :)) :)) :)) Thanks for the inspiration -- I'm actually going to make some cards without characters when my new goodies get here.

Anonymous said...

I agree !!! That circle w/ perfect piercing was just pure genius!!! Someone needs a raise over @ MFT !

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous projects today Mona!! Love the hibiscus in this soft soft blue, so pretty!!

scrappingnana said...

Fabulous layout and cards. Love the pretty flowers and the modeling paste on your layout.

Barbara said...

Gorgeous projects, Mona! Thanks for the tips on how you did the scrapbook page!

zehra said...

Beautiful projects, love the fibre paste look

Constance said...

Lovely and so sweet, Mona! Love seeing how you create your masterpieces! TFS!

Carol Reisner said...

All of these projects are so gorgeous, Mona! Thanks for the inspiration on using your beautiful projects in this release!

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous creations!! I love how you framed those terrific photos and the bright pretty colours ... Your cards are amazing!

Suzanne C said...

Yummy bright happy colors! Love that stenciling on your layout!

Donna said...

Just lovely...Love them all, but that scrapbook page is so unique & gorgeous. all of your elements come together in perfection!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

I am sooooo in love with those hibiscus blooms on your FAB projects, Mona!

Unknown said...

Wow, these are so beautiful, Mona! Love the colors and love your stamps!

Lisa H. said...

beautiful work, Mona. I looove those concentric circles on your layout....sooo much texture, I love it. Your flowers are just gorgeous.

Karen Giron said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! LOVE that scrap page - oh my! And the card are so elegant and pretty. Love them!

Helen Watanabi said...

Awesome layout and card! Love how you used your beautiful stencil! And those flowers are so gorgeous! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

Pammy said...

Beautiful projects! Love the colors and the darling photos!

Donna said...

Mona, your projects using your new stamps, dies and stencils are absolute fabulous and so inspiring! I must have them all! Thanks so much!!!

Casandra Bennett said...

I see what you mean about not having to be perfect with your "icing" technique. Very pretty, and like I've said before, you have adorable kids.

Natalie said...

Wow, these are gorgeous, Mona!! Suck gorgeous stamped flowers! TFS!

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

Sorry that should be "such" rather than "suck"!!! LOL!!!

Heather Rogers said...

What a darling LO! The concentric circles look like bubbles when used this way. :)

Both cards are beautiful. I like the pretty crisp clean white card and then the distressed second card looks fabulous too. :)

PaperMomma said...

Awesome projects! Love the stax pieces! Gorgeous flowers too!

stampingbowd said...

sigh!!! Such beautiful projects. I love the beautiful blue you achieved with your gelli plate. Gorgeous layout with the flowers and sweet photos! I really love the banners. The next time I get to order they will be in my basket and I love the concentric circles stencil too! Both cards are so pretty! Again, I love seeing the stencils used on cards. It gives a good visual of the size since I mostly make cards right now!

Brittney L said...

Wow, what beautiful projects!

Amy Rohl said...

Love the vintage feel of your final card, Mona, and thank you so much for the tutorial! Gorgeous page with so much texture!

Vickie Z said...

All of these are fabulous!! My FAV is the gorgeous LO- love the paper you created and the stencil and all of those flowers look stunning!!

Julia Aston said...

Wow Mona! you sure packed a lot of the new products into these wonderful projects! love particularly - the stenciling with the molding paste - and your beautiful flowers!

Jodi Collins said...

Mona, you are SO incredible! These are amazing! That's it...I am going home after work and making something with modeling paste!!!!!

Unknown said...

Amazing projects, Mona! Your layout is incredible - love the great texture and sweet photos! And your cards are lovely, too! Lovin' those hibiscus blooms!

ShellyM said...

Love these cards and the layout, Mona! Such gorgeous products and I love the colors!

Stella said...

OMG Mona; I am hitting the floor again:)...FABULOUS!

Yesnir said...

Stunning projects, Mona! So pretty! Love it!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Your texture stencilling is AWESOME!!

sandi said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are stunning! All of your cards look fab and that lo is simply amazing! <3!

Mirna said...

Amazing projects, Mona! They are all breathtaking! I really love the texture you get with your stencils and the fiber paste! And the circle die with the perfect piercing is such a great idea! My DH is not going to be too happy with me this month! I need to order everything! TFS!

Erica said...

Gorgeous projects! Love how you framed these sweet photos and created such beautiful bg texture! All of these are magnificent! Love your work so much!

PapierGirl said...

Beautiful projects Mona - love the texture on the LO and all the beautiful fresh color!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS