Polk-a-dot Purse! 10

Mona Pendleton | Friday, March 13, 2009 @ 10:25 PM | , , , , , , , ,

My Little Purse of Plenty!

Hi Everyone! I finally had the chance to make the coordinating purse/gift bag to hold the cards for my girlfriend! I was inspired by Becky's Top Note Purse Tutorial found at http://inkingidaho.blogspot.com. I needed a gift bag to hold standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" cards, so I got a little creative with the Cricut Expression, and altered her directions to make this size purse. I think this purse is so versatile, I call it "My Little Purse of Plenty!" I am sure it will look great in any color scheme and decorated for any occasion! I am looking forward to making this in many colors and blinged out! If anyone is interested in the altered directions for this size purse, please let me know and I will then post them! I hope you like it! As my mother-in-law would say, "Be Sweet!" Until next time...

Supplies used:

Stamps: SU Flight of the Butterfly, Time Well Spent

Paper: SU Almost Amethyst, Chocolate Chip, Bazzill Chiffon, generic watercolor paper

Ink: StazOn Timber Brown, VersaMagic Jumbo Java

Accessories: Cricut Expression, Cricut Accent Essentials Cartridge, Spellbinders Large and Small Scalloped Circles, CB Swiss Dots embossing folder, SU Water Color Wonder Crayons, Jo-Ann Craft Essentials antique brown brads, EK Success 2" paper punch, Martha Stewart classic butterfly punch, SU paper piercing tool set, We R Memory Keepers XL eyelet, Crop-a-Dile II, generic brown ribbon, clear embossing powder, Bazzill circle paper piercing template,

post signature


 Comments

10 Sweet Comments So Far:

Mirna said...

WOW!!!!!!!
What an awesome purse. This is the best I've seen! Great choice of colors!

Kerry said...

I agree! Toooooooo cute! I want one! You just oooze creativity!

I wish you had more details on how you put this together. The link you provided is somewhat different that what you have here. Can you give us details?

Mona Pendleton said...

Mirna and Kerry, Thank you so much for the compliments! I have to make another purse for my sister so I will take pictures and give step-by-step directions as I make it or maybe I can talk my DH into videoing a tutorial!? Sort of scarey, but maybe both of your kind words will be the boost I need to do that! Thanks so much! Hugs, Mona

Julie said...

First time to your blog and I must say "your cards are beautiful"! I am definitely going to follow you closely. This purse is just darling! Thanks for sharing!

Becky said...

This bag is absolutley gorgeous :). I love the colors, lavender's are my favoites, and love the dots, I was thinking on doing the same thing, making cards and making a purse to hold them, what a wonderful idea. :).You should have put the measurements up anyway, I might not be able to find you again :) :).

Michelle Forrest said...

this is adorable! Love it! And since this is my first visit to your blog, I just have to tell you how much I love your banner!

Jacquel said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Love this purse and will *stalk* for instructions LOL!! tfs!!!

Christy Haverhill said...

Great purse, Mona! I need to get a cricut!

Kerry said...

Thanks Mona, a video would be a big help for retarded scrappers like me!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

I am so flattered with all of your kind words! I do all of this for fun as my hobby! It is really rewarding for me to get such kind feedback from fellow scrappers! So, I took the plunge and made the video! I hope it was helpful for at least someone! Hugs, Mona


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS