Hi Everyone! Well here it goes! Please be patient with me, this is ALL a learning experience!
Finished Purse measures 6 1/2" W x 4 3/4" H x 1 1/2 D
Using the Cricut Accent Essentials Cartridge, you will need to select the Shadow, Real Size, Shift Lock buttons for EVERY design. Always use the Real Size Dial to dial in the size for EVERY design.
1. On your Cricut Expression Machine, selectthe Shadow, Real Size, Shift Lock and the
(Using the Cuttlebug embossing folder, I embossed the 4" layer prior to adhering to the other layers)
Adhere three layers together x 2.
2. After adhering layers together, trim 1/4" off of both side pieces, (provides flat surface for top flap of purse to rest on). Set aside.
Shadow, Real Size, Shift Lock and the scalloped circle design (pg 37). Using the Real Size Dial, dial in 4". Repeat same steps for the next 2 layers, dialing in 5", then 6 1/2".
(Using the Cuttlebug embossing folder, I embossed the 4" layer prior to adhering to the other layers, I also used the In Stitch'z by Bazzill 8 x 8 circles template to pierce around the circumference of the 6 1/2" scalloped circle).
5. Find center of each scalloped circle,
(I have found that center point to be the groove that has 16 scallops to the right and 16 to the left)
score a line 3/4" to the right of this center point and to the left of center point.
6. Adhere all scalloped circles together.
7. Place XL eyelets where desired for handles.
(I placed the eyelets 3/4" in from both left and right sides). Cut 14" piece of 1" grosgrain ribbon for handle. Thread through one eyelet at a time and tie in knot. Make handle to desired length of your choice. Trim ribbon after tieing knots.
8. Measure 3/4 " up from bottom of 4" scalloped circle, pierce holes then place three brads. Center and adhere decoration to this side of flap (FRONT)
9. Repeat step 8 on other side but do not place brads at this time! Set aside.
10. Cut a piece of cardstock 8" x 7 1/2". On the 8" side, score 1" from each edge. On the 7 1/2 " side, score at 3" from each edge. Cut score lines that are at the center point as indicated on photo.
Fold box on score lines and using adhesive of choice, adhere sides together to make box.
11. On the inside of both sides of purse, lightly mark a line 3/8" from bottom of scalloped label. Using this line as a guide, adhere box to both sides.
12. Attach purse topper with 3 brads to one side. Use an adhesive velcro circle for closure.
I hope this helps! Please share your creations with me! Feel free to post any comments or questions you may have. Have a lot of fun decorating your purse!
Until next time...
Stamps: SU Flight of the Butterfly, Time Well SpentAccessories: Cricut Expression, Cricut Accent Essentials Cartridge, Spellbinders Large and Small Scalloped Circles, CB Swiss Dots embossing folder, SU Water Color Wonder Crayons, Jo-Ann Craft Essentials antique brown brads, EK Success 2" paper punch, Martha Stewart classic butterfly punch, SU paper piercing tool set, We R Memory Keepers XL eyelet, Crop-a-Dile II, generic brown ribbon, clear embossing powder, Bazzill circle paper piercing template,