be still...A ColourArte Tutorial 24

Mona Pendleton | Wednesday, July 1, 2015 @ 11:00 PM | , , , ,

Hi there! I hope you are having a great week! It's my turn to share a project along with a step by step tutorial on the ColourArte blog today. I would be delighted if you were to stop by and check out my project here: ColourArte blog.
Here's a sneak peek:

Please feel free to take a moment to visit the ColourArte blog and absorb all the amazing DT inspiration!

I also have some exciting news to share ~ today, I am sharing a project as a Guest Designer on the fabulous Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog:
This current challenge theme is all about: "Something to say..."- there are so many fabulous quotes and sayings now available for use on our projects. Whether you stamp it, print it, write it or die cut it, make your sentiment the main focus of attention on your vintage or shabby chic entries. 
While focusing on the challenge theme "Something to say", I was inspired to create a shabby mixed media card featuring a die cut sentiment ~ the powerful one word ~ believe. 
The world can be quite a chaotic place and it's so easy to get caught up in all the mayhem. Reminding a loved one or a complete stranger to believe may provide the small dose of hope and encouragement they need.
I started with plain watercolor paper which I transformed using a stencil, modeling paste, ColourArte Silks Acrylic Glaze: Sunburst and Silver Bells, stamps and embossing powder. I embellished with a beautiful chipboard heart from Gina's Designs which I covered with a crackle paste and an application of ColourArte Silks Acrylic Glaze: Silver Bells. I completed the card with a variety of Prima flowers and a Prima resin cherub:
For color inspiration, I joined along with the current Card Concept challenge:
For sketch inspiration, I joined along with this week's MOJO Monday sketch challenge:
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoy my sample for the "Something to say" challenge and I look forward to seeing what you create! Many thanks to Linda, Sue and the wildly creative DT for inviting me to share my creativity on the fabulous Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog today. I'm very honored and grateful for the wonderful opportunity. Please be sure to visit the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog (click HERE) to see all the beautiful DT samples!
Be Sweet ;)
post signature


 Comments

24 Sweet Comments So Far:

Valia Katzaki said...

The tag is amazing Mona! Loved the colors! The card is so chic too!

Ros Crawford said...

I adore your shabby card!! I'm off to check out your ColourArte project!

Samra said...

Your card is gorgeous, such stunning rustic elegance that only you can achieve! I am off to see your project at ColourArte now...

Pamellia said...

Wow Mona, this is just completely dreamy!! Those colours are scrumptious, I adore the yellow and grey together! It is just such a treat to have you with us at Frilly and Funkie as our Guest Designer!! Off I go to see your other project. big hugs :)

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous creations for Frilly and Funkie - I LOVE the gray/yellow colors, the pretty crackle and the sweet little cupid!! I'm off to check out your tutorial - have a wonderful 4th Mona! Julia xx

Lisa said...

Oh wow, what a stunning card!! The texture and details are amazing!! I love the pops of yellow!! Gorgeous!! Off to see your ColourArte project (beautiful sneak!!) Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lisa Elton said...

Love this feminine shabby chic card!! Off to see your other project...

Redanne said...

I saw your stunning piece at Frilly & Funkie - the colour combo is wonderful. Off to see your ColourArte creation now! Hugs, Anne xx

Lesley said...

So beautiful, Mona! I love it!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

The peak on the first project looks wonderful and your card is gorgeous as usual. Now I will have to go check out both the tutorial and the challenge.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just exquisite! Love all the splashes of white and perfectly placed embellishments. Gorgeous, as always, Mona! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Lynn D said...

So beautiful! I love all the textures with this soft color palette. Great card combing the sketch and the color challenge.

Lynn D said...

So beautiful! I love all the textures with this soft color palette. Great card combing the sketch and the color challenge.

mamablitger said...

As always you create fabulous art. This card is so lovely. Shabby chic, romantic and feminine... Waw..love it ! Øthanks for sharing your creativity.
Hugs from Monica

Sue Lelli said...

GORGEOUS with the Mixed Media flair! LOVE the colors and your layers.

Greta said...

Stunning card, Mona--love the unique doily! Congrats on guest designing--you work is perfect for that challenge blog! Off to check your project & tutorial. Have a great holiday! PS--don't know how you guys handle the heat every day! We'd be glad for you to keep it for yourselves instead of sharing with us--LOL!

Cheryl W. said...

I really love your "believe" card with its soft, but powerful, colors. I've always thought of yellow as having a great deal of strength in a quiet sort of way. Gorgeous projects today!

Patty O'Malley said...

Everything you create is just beautiful, Mona!

Kerry said...

So gorgeous and shabby chic! So beautiful! Congrats on your guest designing! TFS!

Constance said...

Stunning! Love your mixed media techniques!

Julie Gearinger said...

Love this Mixed Media creation!! All of the elements work so well together along with the powerful sentiment- thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept :-)

Gale Evans said...

Absolutely stunning! Amazing mixed media techniques! Off to see your other project now!

stampingbowd said...

Beautiful! Both projects are gorgeous!!!! I left a comment on ColourArte blog too.

stampingbowd said...

Beautiful! Both projects are gorgeous!!!! I left a comment on ColourArte blog too.


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS