joy....a ColourArte tutorial 37

Mona Pendleton | Tuesday, May 19, 2015 @ 8:20 AM | , , ,

Hi there! I hope you are having a great week! Now that we are nearly settled in our new home, I have more time to create so I made a colorful and dimensional project to share featuring a variety of ColourArte products including several of the newly released products: Silks Acrylic Glaze:Apple BlossomPlum Blossom and Radiant rain Shimmering Mistapple blossom along with many other fabulous ColourArte products listed below.
I combined the colorful ColourArte products with a variety of flowers, a Gina's Designs chipboard dressform and lots of texture:
 I love the elegant Gina's Designs chipboard dressform so much, that I couldn't resist creating another project featuring the pretty piece again. In case you missed my previous project, click here: 
I altered the chipboard piece using Silks Acrylic Glaze Silver Bells and chunky embossing enamel then for a touch of elegance, I embellished with a pearl necklace and fluffy feather:
 For the sentiment, I used a Spellbinders bezel filled with chunky glass glitter and Ice Resin. 
The skirt was made using flowers from my stash and were colored using the following ColourArte productsSilks Acrylic GlazeWisteriaPink GrapefruitSolar GoldApple BlossomPlum BlossomSilver BellsRadiant rain Shimmering Mistapple blossompeach fuzzplumeria:

Here are several steps I took along the way sharing my creative process: 
Once canvas was prepped with Gesso, collaged tissue paper and modeling paste for texture, I randomly applied Silks Acrylic GlazeWisteriaPink GrapefruitSolar GoldApple BlossomPlum BlossomRadiant rain Shimmering Mistapple blossompeach fuzzplumeria. Layering and layering until the desired look was achieved:
Once background was created, I applied the chipboard piece and flowers then randomly applied Silks Acrylic GlazeWisteriaPink GrapefruitSolar GoldApple BlossomPlum Blossom:
For added depth and dimension, I applied Radiant rain Shimmering Mistapple blossom and plumeria:
For the final touch, I randomly applied Silks Acrylic Glaze Solar Gold and splattered with white acrylic paint:
I'm joining along with the current Artist Trading Post challenge where the theme is to use an object found in nature ~ feather ~ and one product from the ATP store ~ Ice Resin.
For color inspiration, I joined along with the current Words & Paintery challenge:
Many thanks for visiting ~ I hope you enjoyed my project! I'll be back Thursday for an all new ColourArte project to share!

Be Sweet ;)
post signature







ColourArte products used:
Silks Acrylic Glaze: Wisteria, Pink Grapefruit, Solar Gold, Apple Blossom, Plum Blossom, Silver Bells
Radiant rain Shimmering Mist: apple blossom, peach fuzz, plumeria




 Comments

37 Sweet Comments So Far:

Unknown said...

Gosh that is just so pretty and feminine! Lots of texture, its really lovely! cxxxx

Samra said...

Stunning creation as usual Mona:) I was looking to purchase some of those dress forms at Gina's store but there isn't the same type you used. I wonder if it was discontinued??? That would be a shame cause it is gorgeous!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Wow now that's a pop of colour. So pretty Mona, love your backdrop. Hope you are enjoying that spectacular craft room of yours. Tracy x

Cheryl W. said...

Amazing creation, Mona! The vibrancy of those beautiful colors is astounding.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my stars Mona, this is exceptional!! Love the pretty pearls on the bodice and the wispy feather!

Evelyn Walter said...

Oh, so pretty, dear Mona! I love the girly pink <3
Great idea to make a skirt from flowers!
xxx Evelyn

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Mona, this is absolutely stunning!! The skirt of flowers looks so amazing!! I love the colors and textures!! You always add the perfect details...the pearls, the feather!! What a gorgeous, gorgeous project this is!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

Wow! Such gorgeous pink creation! This would be so lovely as a decor for a girl's room! Very cute!! Xxx

Susan Lankford said...

Wow! A completely different and spectacular take on the dress form!

Lin said...

Va-va-VOOM, what a gorgeous dress, Mona! Love your design!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Gorgeous and elegant dress, Mona! I will have to check out the chippies from Gina's Design - have not yet shopped there. What did you use for the bodice of the dress? Thanks!

Greta said...

Oh Mona--This is the most wonderful project, ever! The flowers & pearls & feather--wowzer!

Martina said...

Wow, your project is wonderful.I like it.
Martina

Sue Lelli said...

GORGEOUS colors! LOVE your techniques and that bezel! The pearls and feather with those flowers is FABULOUS, Mona!

Pam said...

Wow, Mona! This is stunning. Love the colors. Gorgeous!

Patty O'Malley said...

Fantastic canvas, Mona! Love the bezel and the pretty colors.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Mona...everything you touch has so much class and beauty.

Marjan said...

So very pretty, look at that dress! Another lovely project!

Gina said...

They actually had not been listed yet, as they were to be a June release. I have listed them and you can find them here
http://www.ginasdesigns.net/Store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18_41&products_id=816

Anonymous said...

WOW this is one of a kind spectacular!!!

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous! So pretty but with texture, dimension & strong colour pops amongst the tones. The body of dress is beautiful (& I don't do glitter, dresses or girly. You get the compliment, I hope?)
Wish we had some of shops you have in USA. However you have perhaps persuaded me to try Radiant Rains (I was dubious). Tfs. C

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

The colors are gorgeous!!!! Love the white sparkly dress form! Just beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial, too!

Christine L said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh MYYYYYYYYYY GOODNESS Mona.......... I absolutely ADORE everything about this!!! Pink............ Sparkly........ and soooooo perfect! I think I need to send you my address so I can put it up on my wall!! hehe!

Big hugs
Christine x

Pamellia said...

Stunning Mona! What an amazing combination of mixed media madness and feminine beauty! Love it! hugs :)

Mary Reidel said...

Magnificent! These colors are so gorgeous and the feather is a perfect touch!

Ella Swan said...

Very pretty piece!! Moving homes is always a massive undertaking. Glad you are back on track now!!

Davi said...

Oh that is a fabulous creation Mona!! I love the colors :)

Jill Norwood said...

I love dress forms and this one is so very beautiful! What fun products too!!

RobinH said...

So pretty, Mona! Love these colors!

GinaB said...

Absolutely stunning!

Petra Swart said...

Both your projects with the dressform are simply stunning, Mona!!! Wow, I LOVE it!!! TFS.

Kerry said...

Pinks and purples are perfect! Wow! Another stunning piece!

Carol McCready said...

Such a beautiful piece. Love the color, sparkle and that feather.
Love visiting your blog for inspiration.

Kasia Krzymińska said...

That's a beautiful piece of art Mona! Thank you for entering our challenge at Artist Trading Post blog.

Marie/Mison said...

This is really, really sweet Mona! Thank you for playing with us at Words & Paintery.

Kotolifestyle said...

Wow. Amazing. Thank you for plAying with us at Words and paintery

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! Another favorite!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS