Your Smile...MFT December Creative Challenge 48

Mona Pendleton | Monday, December 17, 2012 @ 10:00 PM | , , , , , , , , ,

Hi there! Welcome to the MFT December Design Team Creative Challenge! I'm so excited and honored to share with you that my project from the November Creative Challenge is being featured today on the Crafter's Workshop blog :) Yahoooo! I'd be delighted if you wanted to take a peek ~ click HERE.
In case you are not familiar, the MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. This month, we were challenged to do some background building using our MFT Stamps and Die-namics. Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a project to share with you today. 

I created a layout featuring a photo of my sweet daughter Angie that was taken prior to her 8th grade Homecoming nearly 10 years ago.  The pretty die cut doily layered behind Angie was made using the Die-namics High Tea Party Doily.
I started with a blank piece of 12" x 12" cardstock and a blank piece of canvas that I stitched on to the cardstock. To create the butterfly / text background, I first stamped the 11" x 11" canvas sort of randomly using a beautiful butterfly from Inspired By Butterflies using VersaMark ink, heat embossed using fine white embossing powder then misted using Glimmer Mist. Once dry, I randomly stamped and heat embossed the text image from Die-namics First Class Friend Stamp Set.
I needed more color and layers so I stamped and heat embossed both the larger diamond image from Distressed Diamonds (LJD) and the larger dot image from LJD Darling Dots on canvas then misted using Glimmer Mist. 
Once the canvas was dry, I die cut 2 pieces of each pattern using Die-namics Fishtail Flags Layers STAX dies. I wasn't sure if corrugated cardboard was "allowed" so for added texture, I pulled out my neglected paper crimper and added my own corrugated texture to the die cut hearts that were made using Die-namics Hearts a Plenty.
Since I was in the heat embossing mode, I stamped the pretty bird and bird cage images from Inspired By Caged Bird and the beautiful rose from Inspired By Flowers Set #2 x 3, trimmed around the edges, applied distress ink to edges. I think these beautiful heat embossed stamped images add such a touch of elegance along with all the die cut flowers. Something I NEED to do more often! All the flower embellishments were homemade using the following Die-namics: Die-namics Winter RoseDie-namics Large Royal RoseDie-namics Mini Royal Roses and Die-namics Plentiful Petals.
I made a card with the leftover bits and pieces of stamped canvas and flower embellishments:
I added a little sentiment tag that was made using Die-namics Notched Tag Die & Stamp Set:
In case you are interested in seeing the creative process on how I made the layout, shown below is a mini tutorial:
Thanks so much for visiting! I hope you enjoyed my layout as much as I enjoyed creating it! Remember to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have put their MFT stamps and/or Die-namics dies to work to create for you today!
Be Sweet :)
post signature



 Comments

48 Sweet Comments So Far:

Gale Evans said...

Absolutely heavenly page, Mona! Love the colors and the beautiful PP you created! Lots of gorgeous girly layers and that beautiful photo really make this breathtaking! WOW!

Alina said...

Gorgeous layout! Love the embossed butterflies!

Karla said...

Incredible layout, Mona! So elegant too!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

WOW, that is so beautiful, what a fabulous layout and design!

Caroline said...

This is absolutely stunning the layout is so beautiful and the design is so elegant. Caroline xxx

Yolanda said...

Wow, Mona this layout is absolutely stunning! What gorgeous embossed patterns, especially the gorgeous butterflies! And those magnificent blooms are perfect! Also, love all the chipboard and metal hardware and the sweet sentiment! Lovely photo of your daughter too! TFS!

HawaiiRenee said...

I'm beyond words, Mona and that's rare for a little asian lady!!!!! LOVE the beautiful embossing and sweet flowers! You are so amazingly creative! This just blows my mind! TFS!
Aloha,
Renee

Pauline said...

This is just stunning Mona! I love the pretty pinks, and the fabulous rolled flowers and stamping, such a gorgeous layout and a real labour of love.

Anita said...

Love your cards!

Fiona said...

Wonderful page, Mona! So elegant and feminine! Love the pretty embossed bg patterns you created! Just beautiful!

Millicent Forester said...

Really really love this page, Mona! Simply gorgeous!

StampOwl said...

Gorgeous layout & card Mona

Bente Fagerberg said...

Wows. amazing work. I am in love with the backgrounds you created. The embossing looks fabulous on both layout and card!! TFS!

Unknown said...

Mona, that page is incredible! Beautiful work, and I love the way the leftovers were incorporated into a card. Spectacular

Casandra Bennett said...

So pretty! How do you keep track of all of the different items you use? This is amazing.

Heather Rogers said...

What a beautiful and soft feminine LO. Love all the embossed with images and pretty rolled flowers. The card is just as pretty all dressed in pink. :)

Lisa H. said...

sooo,so pretty, MOna. what a beautiful layout. I love all the background stamps you used. AND your card is just as lovely. You always inspire me.

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous lay out Mona and the card is beautiful. What a pretty picture of your daughter.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Amazingly stunning!!!!!! Wow you have a lovely style!

sandi said...

Wow! What beautiful ceations! Pure gorgeousness!

Unknown said...

Beautiful LO of your daughter Mona, love all of the elements you used especially the clock. The "leftover" card is a wonderful way to use up those scraps. Hope you have a great day, hugs.

Davi said...

Absolutely Gorgeous LO Mona! The embossing and softness with all the wonderful flowers and embellies make the most perfect frame to show off your beautiful daughter :) Your card is beautiful also!

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely pic of Angie, Mona - I just love your beautiful 'painted' flowers - so many wonderful things to look at on this wonderful layout!

Cindi said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors and added embellishments. Great pic too.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Your work never ceases to amaze and inspire me. What fabulous techniques used here. Thanks for explaining them!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Barbara said...

I knew I'd find something fabulous here and I was right! OMG gorgeous, as always, Mona!

Queen Mary said...

Mona, beautiful background on your scrap page! Cute card too!

Lisa Elton said...

Ahhh look how pretty she looks! This LO is beautiful and feminine Mona, love it to bits! And your scrapplings card is SUPER!!

Yvonne Dalhammer said...

Absolutely gorgeous page, Mona! Love the colors and love the incredible embossed patterns! The butterflies and text are perfect! What an inspiring idea! Thanks so much!

Natalya C said...

Breathtaking and so stunning! I just love your elegant style!

Julie said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the beautiful background and fabulous colors! The painted rose is amazing and your daughter is beautiful! WOW!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous layout and card, Mona! You definitely met and exceeded the background building challenge - your backgrounds are always so creative and stunning!

Sue Lelli said...

GORGEOUS LO, Mona, GORGEOUS card, GORGEOUS flowers, GORGEOUS everything!

Amy Rohl said...

Wow! I could scarcely peel my eyes from your gorgeous page and then came more beauty...the card!! What a treat!

Unknown said...

Your LO and card are gorgeous. All those flowers make me smile. I just love this..

Hope you are enjoying your week so far.

Hugs~

Mercedes said...

Incredibly gorgeous layout, Mona! Your daughter is so beautiful too! Thanks for the awesome tutorial as well! So neat to see your creative process!

Vickie Z said...

WOW...the doily is perfect with the clock image (wondering where that came from)...distressed diamonds....dots...butterflies...script... (on canvas)...flowers...more crepe paper flowers (smile). GORGEOUS!! Angie is too!!

Pammy said...

Love this beautiful layout and matching card! Absolutely stunning! Everything is just phenomenal, Mona!

Karen Motz said...

Congratulations Mona! I love the butterfly/script background! Gorgeous projects!

Kathy M said...

This is gorgeous, Mona! So fabulous! Love your bg embossing; you created the most beautiful background! Love the butterflies, especially!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Gorgeous layout! Love your card! Your flowers always fascinate me!

Diane said...

A beautiful piece of art...wow...it is so dreamy...love it!!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my ... It's doesn't get more beautiful than these creations ... Stunning!! Congrats on being featured too!!

Emily Taylor said...

Wow, this is so pretty and elegant, Mona! I'm just amazed by your work! Love the embossed butterfly and script background! How creative! TFS!

Isabel Jett said...

Breathtaking page, Mona! Really incredible! Your designs never cease to amaze me! WOW!

Laural said...

Fabulous layout, Mona! Your daughter is so beautiful and I love all the pretty chipboard and metal hardware! The embossed background is simply stunning! TFS!

Bärbel said...

Ein fabelhaftes Layout mit vielen schönen Details und den tollen Blüten,auch die Karte ist wunderschön, Mona!

Tigriswillreign said...

I would've thought this type of perfection impossible to achieve! Absolutely and stunningly fabulous!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS