Ticket To My Heart...MFTSCRAP3 36

Mona Pendleton | Wednesday, December 19, 2012 @ 10:00 PM | , , , , ,

Hi there! It's time for a new MFT scrap sketch challenge! Thanks to all who shared their creativity with us last month ~ so many wonderful layouts! For complete details on how you can join along, please visit the MFT blog. Here's the fun sketch we are playing with:

 I made a layout featuring a photo of my dear daughter Angie and her sweet dog Oakley :) I don't recall the exact year but it had to be nearly 13 years ago because Angie is missing baby teeth in the photo! YIKES ~ how time flies!

 I used quite an assortment of MFT stamps and Die-namics on this layout. Bet you are not surprised! :) LOL

Here are some details on how I created this layout: I stamped the sweet polka dot butterfly image from Die-namics Tag You're It and Stamp Set on a die cut butterfly made using a Die-namics Butterflies die which I layered on a die cut heart made using Die-namics Layered Heart. The smaller heart features a stamped heart image from Inspired By Music that I stamped on a die cut heart made using Die-namics Hearts a Plenty:

 To create the ticket strip, I stamped a few images from Just the Ticket Stamp Set on a die cut ticket border strip that was made using Die-namics Ticket Strip (LJD). I stamped a sentiment from Inspired By Music on a die cut strip that was made using Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon:
I made a Whip Cream cs blossom using Die-namics Layered Rose then adhered it to a crocheted blossom made by my sweet sister Tina :)
 For a little added interest, I stitched on a trio of Lemon Drop buttons:
To add texture to the die cut hearts, I dusted off and pulled out my paper crimper! Do you have one of these stored away somewhere? ;)
Thanks so much for visiting! Please be sure to visit the MFT blog for some awesome DT inspiration and complete details.
Be Sweet ;)
post signature


 Comments

36 Sweet Comments So Far:

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous the design and colours are so beautiful. Have a Happy Christmas and all the best for 2013. Caroline xxx

Alina said...

Lovely layout! Gorgeous design and I love the colors you used!

Mary Chen said...

So sweet and gorgeous, Mona! Love the colours and the pretty corrugated heart you created! Also, thos ticketed sentiments are perfect! TFS!

Stacey Pembroke said...

Beautiful page Mona! That photo reminds me of one I have of my daughter! Thanks for making my evening!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous layout Mona, I love the papers you used, and the fun crimped die cut hearts and stitched on buttons. I do have a couple of crimpers somewhere...

Casandra Bennett said...

Yes! I have a paper crimper, too. I bought it this past year to crimp some kraft stars for a project. :) Beautiful layout. Love the colors and stitching details.

Andrea M said...

Hey Mona! This is INCREDIBLE! Love the corrugated hearts - what an amazing layout!

1CardCreator said...

Sweet lay out Mona, love the wording too. The papers are gorgeous together and I have not used my crimper in ages either!

sandi said...

Wow! Beautiful, just beautiful! So nice and soft....it all comes together so well!

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet photo and a very CUTE page Mona, love the colors!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

fabulous layout and design, I have to use my crimper more!!!

Davi said...

A beautiful LO Mona! Perfect take on the sketch.I love the dps, so sweet along with the pretty embellies. A wonderful way to preserve the precious memory of that time :)

Beate said...

What a great idea to get the corrugated cardboard look with Kraft paper and the crimper. The photo and the scrapbook page are beautiful!
Happy Holidays!
Hugs and smiles

cyga said...

Fantastic LO with lovely photo.

Yesnir said...

Gorgeous page! Love the sweet photo too! That crimper produces awesome results! TFS!

scrappingnana said...

What a great layout. Love the colors and the crimped kraft hearts. Lovely papers and embellishments. TFS

Mirna said...

LOVE this beautiful layout, Mona! The dp and the embellishments are gorgeous! I love your take on the sketch! Also, that photo of your daughter is priceless!

Unknown said...

Wonderful layout, Mona! Love the crimped hearts and the sweet photo of Angie and her dog! Merry Christmas!

Jan Evans said...

Absolutely beautiful page!!! Love the sweet photo and the crimped heart along with those fabulous tickets! Brilliant idea! TFS!

Penny said...

SO beautiful, Mona! Love your choice of papers and I love the crimped heart! What a neat tool!

Lori A said...

Wow, this is so beautiful! Love the colors!

PaperMomma said...

Lovely layout!!! Angie looks so darling and I love your take on the sketch! TFS!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty Mona. Love the lovely papers, the stiching... the hears are so sweet... also like the tickets... what a great design. Happy Holidays!

Gale Evans said...

Very sweet LO, Mona! Love the bg papers and the pretty hearts, butterflies and roses! That crimped heart turned out wonderfully; thanks for sharing that tool! I'll have to add that to my Christmas list!!! TFS!

Carol Reisner said...

Lovely layout! Love your beautiful photo of Angie! All your embellishments are gorgeous! Love the colors too! TFS!

Chris said...

Very sweet layout! Love those tickets and the wonderful photo!

Deborah Frings said...

Great colours, lovely layout and the photo is super! Love the pretty details especially the crocheted flower!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, what a gorgeous page, Mona!! Your attention to detail is amazing!! Love the stitched tickets and glittered/crimped hearts!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Lisa H. said...

soooo pretty. love all the flowers and hearts and the gorgeous colors. yep, love my crimper, I use it to mimic that corrugated cardboard look, a lot. tfs.

Kat Hill said...

Gorgeous layout!!! Beautiful embellies as usual! So inspiring! Thanks!

Pamela_U said...

Gorgeous page, Mona! Love the bg paper and the sweet flowers and hearts! Love the crimping tool! TFS!

MeredithS said...

Beautiful, Mona! Simply gorgeous roses and hearts! Love how that crimping tool worked! Great job!

Constance said...

Love this gorgeous page! Incredible embellishments and beautifully sweet photo of Angie!

Teri Holister said...

OMG! Beautiful, Mona! Absolute gorgeous page with such a darling photo of Angie! I love that crimped heart and the pretty bg papers! Great job!

Ashley said...

Lovely! What a great layout. So many beautiful embellishments!

GabrielleH said...

Very sweet layout, Mona! I just love the background DP you used! Absolutely darling photo of Angie too!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS