Bee my Honey...FTTC152 36

Mona Pendleton | Monday, January 16, 2012 @ 11:00 PM | , , ,

***Hi there! I apologize in advance! I have multiple blog posts today. If you are looking for my WM Blog Party post, please click HERE, if you are looking for my Pink Paislee post, please click HERE OR scroll up. Thank You :)***

 It's Tuesday, so that means it's time for an all new Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge! Thanks to all who played along last week! This week, Heather is our lovely hostess and she chose: Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More! Otherwise, create ANYTHING other than a card!
I opted to make a few mini Valentine decorations ~ one for my dear husband, Scott and one for my sweet sister, Tina.
Truth be told, I only planned on making one ~ the neutral one but when I asked Scott for his 2 cents, he thought it looked naked and suggested I add color so this one is for you baby ;) I merely swapped out the flower, buttons, ribbon, added a hint of color to the stamped image and decorative trim and used a piece of Kraft colored cs instead of upcycled corrugated cardboard.
Here's a close up of the pretty image:
To make these minis, I used a Classic Heart die to cut a piece of canvas, stamped the beautiful floral image and a few bees from Bee My Honey. Stitched it on to a corrugated scalloped heart that was cut using a Classic Scalloped Heart die, added bits and pieces of various trim and a ribbon hanger.
Each were finished it off with a sweet tag:
This set contains a variety of both honey bees and sentiments.
Thanks so much for visiting! Hope you are able to join along! Please be sure to visit the Flourishes blog for COMPLETE challenge details and for some wonderful inspiration visit the entire DT: TammyHeatherSilkeMakikoCindyBeateMona (that's me), Cheryl Lea (January Guest Designer).


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Flourishes Bee My Honey
Dies & Machine: Spellbinders Classic HeartClassic Scalloped Heart, Grand Calibur
Copic Markers: Y19, B000, YG0000
post signature



 Comments

36 Sweet Comments So Far:

Cheryl said...

Mona, these are beautiful! I like both the "naked" one and the dressed up one, and I love that little pendant hanging off the bottom of the hearts. Fabulous!!! ~Hugs, Cheryl

Helen Berry said...

Mona these are out of this world gorgeous!! What a sweet idea for your hubby & sister x

GinaB said...

Mona, these Valentine decorations are so darling! I'm sure your DH and sis will love them! Gorgeous!

Mary Chen said...

So beautiful, Mona! Both are gorgeous but I think Scott was right, I like the coloured one best! Thanks!

Ros said...

Be still my heart ... I am totally in love with these! Mona they are fantastic!!

Beate said...

Mona, both of your Valentine hearts look amazing! The image looks gorgeous stamped on fabric. Love the distressed scallop heart behind it and all the beautiful embellishments.
Hugs and smiles

Marie said...

Just beautiful. So glad you made two because I love seeing the subtle differences. Persinally, I love them both and have perfect spots to hang both of them in my home!

Heather Rogers said...

They both look amazing! I love the canvas on the cardboard and soft color palette. Guys just like a little more color I guess. ;)

Hugs,
Heather

1CardCreator said...

Wow Mona, you never stop amazing me with all your beautiful work!

Mirna said...

So darling, Mona! Both of these are fabulous!

Dawnll said...

As soon as I seen your title I knew I would love it! Love the sentiment because that is what I called my husband-(and most of my friends called him the same)lol
Fun layering and I like the pop of color also.

Pammy said...

Love both of these but I have to say that blue is my fav color so you know I'm partial to your blue one! TFS!

Ashley said...

So pretty, Mona! Love these stamps! Both are equally amazing!!! TFS!

Unknown said...

Lovely! The stamping on canvas is such a wonderful effect!

yvonneschneider1 said...

Gorgeous and very elegant, Mona! I love both the naked and the dressed up one! Great job! TFS!

Shelly said...

So sweet, elegant and vintage!! Trademark Mona Pendleton!!!! Wow!

Stella said...

Scott and Tina are so lucky to have you :)
I'll keep it short; breathtaking.........

Kelli Burnstein said...

Wow, I really love these lovely vintage decorations!!! Gorgeous stamps and I love the fabric texture! You are just so super creative!

Lisa Elton said...

PURE SWEETNESS Mona! Oh I love them both, but the touch of soft blue won me over!

Silke Ledlow said...

Shut up...this is so gorgeous Mona! I L.O.V.E your idea...you are sooooooo creative! Please send some creativity my way :) !!! Hugs ~S~

RobinH said...

Darling little heartfelt Valentine's decorations, Mona! Your DH and sister are blessed to receive these! The blue really does it for me too!

Cindy Haffner said...

Mona you are AMAZING!!~

PaperMomma said...

Mona, these are beautiful decorations! The little tags are so cute with the Bee-sentiment!!! I think Scott is right, I like the colorful one best!

Sam Marsdon said...

These are both so sweet! I have to agree, the blue one is my favorite! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Love, Love, Love these.. You have outdone your self girly.. So creative and sweet.. Did I tell you how much I love these.. Hee Hee..

Hugs, Linda

Monica Lowe said...

So sweet, Mona! I love them both equally!

Allison Cope said...

Good golly Mona! How cute it that! So creative! Love that you used fabric as your stamping medium. Fabulous project!

Melanie said...

Both of these are lovely, Mona! I love how you used canvas! Awesome Valentine's decorations!

Yesnir said...

Beautiful Valentine's decorations, Mona! Both are so elegant!

Marlena M. said...

Beeeautiful work, Mona! I love the shape and textures on these. ;)

Keri said...

Mona, both are so elegant and beautiful!!! My favorite is the "natural"! TFS!

Pauline said...

Oh Mona, these sweet decorations took my breath away, they are truly stunning! I love the soft colours and the little touch of aqua with the flower and love the vintage style lace. Beautiful stuff!

Andrea M said...

Bee-utiful Mona! I love them both - the stamping on the canvas is incredible! You are AMAZING with home decor! Seriously!

Shannon White said...

Ooooh These are Soo Beautiful Mona! I Love them both dressed up or down, they are both Just Fabulous! You are Just so Wonderfully creative Lady! Love it! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Unknown said...

The tags are amazing Mona!! I never stamped on the cross stitch fabric but you make me try it :) The embellishments details are so beautiful too.

Tammy Hershberger said...

These are absolutely gorgeous, Mona! What a beautiful design!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS