Mug of Warm Winter Wishes 23

Mona Pendleton | Wednesday, September 30, 2009 @ 2:28 PM | , , , ,

Hi Ladies! Thanks for all the encouragement especially with my Monster Madness forever growing set! You'll be seeing more of those lil' guys in the days to come :) Today, I am in the mood for some wintry creations. There is soooo many beautiful Christmas/Holiday papers hitting the shelves lately. On my last trip to the LSS, I came across this cute DP made by Imaginisce & the coordinating stamp which cost only 99 cents! I combined 2 challenges to make my Mug of Warm Winter Wishes set. This week Lauren's My Timeless Template Challenge 06, MTTC06, is to use ANY My Timeless Template & PACKAGE candy of some sort OR get inspired by the candy wrapper! I found inspiration in the wrapper of the lil' Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark squares & for sketch inspiration, I used Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch for Challenge #37, SSSC37. I probably sound like a broken record but I have to share with you again how EASY & VERSATILE Lauren's templates are to use! They make GREAT, inexpensive gifts that you can decorate any way you like for any occasion! If you are looking for inspiration, I recommend visiting both Lauren & Karen. They have beautiful creations displayed on their sites, as well as their DT's! I would love to know if you are in the wintry - Holiday season yet? Be Sweet!

Here's my Mug of Warm Winter Wishes set:
I wanted something a lil' more subtle to break up all that busy-i-ness going on in the Imaginisce DP so I inked up my brayer with SU Bashful Blue ink, rolled it on the Sizzix Christmas snowflake embossing folder, then ran it through the Sizzix Big Shot Express machine.
To break up all that white around the Imaginisce Hot Chocolate image, I inked up the appropriate size dotted label image from the PTI Vintage Labels set with SU Bashful Blue ink.

Not only is the Outer bag that Ghiradelli Peppermint Bark candy gorgeous but every single lil' square is wrapped in beautiful candy cane striped paper! How inspirational is that? :)

I packaged 6 Ghiradelli Peppermint Bark squares in a small cellophane bag & that fits EASILY into ONE of the PTI My Timeless Template Milk Carton Made templates.

REMEMBER: Mark your calendar for Saturday, October 3rd! It is World Card Making Day & I will be celebrating by kicking off the holiday card-making season here at Cupcake's Creations! Don't forget to stop by to see what I am up to :)

Ingredients Used: PTI's My Timeless Template Milk Made Carton template Stamps: Imaginisce Hot Chocolate stamp, PTI Winter Swirls, 2008 Holiday Tag Collection, Vintage Labels, Stocking Prints Paper: Imaginisce Polar Expressions, SU Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Old Olive, Bazzill Pomegranate Ink: SU Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Momento Tuxedo Black, Copic Pale Olive YG95, Cardinal 59, Warm Gray W-1, Maroon E77, 0 Colorless Blender Sprinkles: Spellbinders Labels 1 dies, Michael's ribbon, Cuttlebug Snowflake die, Sizzix Christmas embossing folder & Scalloped Rectangle XL die, PTI buttons, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, SU tag punches

post signature


 Comments

23 Sweet Comments So Far:

Unknown said...

I love your wintry creations. It goes quite well with our 58 degree temps here. Can you believe that! I have got to get that milk carton temp. I think that is just so terrific! Love your little snowflakes and all the ribbons! I look at this little set and I'm all ready for a peppermint latte! Oh how inspiring you are!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Angie Hewitt said...

This is such a pretty winter set! Love the mug stamp and really like how the snowflake "jumps" off the paper! Great colors, cool and crisp!

NanceB said...

I love your box and card! Such a nice wintery feel! What's your secret! Amazing!

Cindy Percovich said...

Gorgeous is the only word worth attaching to your latest creations! Wow, Mona you have knocked my socks off again. I will just go barefoot from now on! You rock! TFS!

Aislin said...

This card conveys warm winters greetings is such a clever way! I love both the card and the template but also your presentations is delightful! Positively inspiring! Thank you, missy!

Eve said...

soooo sweeeet and super stinkin' cute!!! i looooove it mona!!!
many hugs
eve

Julie Ranae said...

Mona...this is another fantastic project. It's amazing what you can do with a 99 cent rubber stamp, isn't it?!
Just beautiful!

Sandi said...

this is a great project, gotta love those dollar spots. Your "Warm Winter Wishes" is warming and refreshing. Sandi

Luv 2 Cre8 With U said...

Great job on this set, Mona. I love how you go all out and decorate so creatively. I still wonder though, are you a fast worker when you create? You get so much done. I take a while. I don't think I could ever keep up with you. As you know, I lov everything you come up with!!!!!

Penny said...

I love this set sooooo much! You do such a great job with coordinating everything. True design talent! That mug stamp is just perfect!

Stacey Pembroke said...

I can feel the winter crispness in the air when I look at this beautiful card and template. Great job with your embellishments! I just love visiting your site! It's always lovely!

Laura said...

Beautiful card and box once again! Love the warm wintery "feel" I get from both! Great design, Mona! You are the master!

Yolanda said...

This is a really beautiful card and box! Makes me long for winter! Great job!

Maria said...

Magnificent, Mona! I like very much! Great to job!

GabrielleH said...

Yum! I can just taste the cocoa! Very pretty card!

AKiteFlier said...

Mona - there is just one word for this whole creation - MOJOLICIOUS!!! Truly love it all. :-)

Brenda said...

You've created another spectacular winter themed collection. I'm floored and inspired again! Thanks!
-Brenda

Tammy L said...

Beautiful card, Mona! I love it!

Deb Lewis said...

Wow! What a great design and your presentation is spectacular! You really know how to impress! Pat yourself on the back for an awesome job well done!

Mona Pendleton said...

Hi Girls! Thank you for your sweet comments :) I hope I get your MOJO jump started to go & create something! :) Hugs, Mona

Isabel Jett said...

One of your all time best! Love it!

Jen Johnson said...

Mona, this is one yummy looking card! Chocolate and peppermint are my favorites! Great gift idea, also!

Anonymous said...

So many fabulous projects on this blog, but this is one of my favorites. Love the colors and all the details.


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS