thinking of you 16

Mona Pendleton | Wednesday, February 14, 2018 @ 10:17 PM | ,

Today I'm joining along with the PTI 11th anniversary day 8 challenge where the challenge is a color challenge. I was inspired by the pretty color scheme shown below:
I created a greeting card featuring a double layered heat embossed pretty butterfly from the Life is Beautiful stamp set:
I embellished with a homemade flower that was die cut using a PTI Beautiful Blooms die along with a stitched on button:
For sketch inspiration, I'm joining along with the Freshly Made Sketches sketch challenge:


Up next is an 8" x 8" oil painting featuring a tuscan scene and was inspired by Ginger Cook. I'm entering this painting in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Day 14:

I'm also linking to the Paint Party Friday site:
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Be Sweet ;)
post signature


 Comments

16 Sweet Comments So Far:

Greta said...

Beautiful butterfly & I love how you embellished it with the flower & leaves! Great card, Mona!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

How lovely and elegant. Your butterfly is so pretty.

Lisa said...

So elegant and beautiful, Mona!! I love the pretty butterfly and the colors!! And oh my gosh - my new favorite painting!! The Tuscan scene is stunning!! I love the colors!! Wow!! I love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Maria said...

Beautiful card with lovely yellow butterfly! And, stunning painting with wonderful scene and gorgeous color!

Cheryl W. said...

Your card, with its pretty butterfly is lovely. Your painting reminded me of some of the lovely scenes we saw when my DH and I went on a 1-week hiking tour in Tuscany a couple of years ago. One day we hiked to a little walled village on a hill, and it had some beautiful doorways surrounded by flowers like your painting. Thank you for bringing that memory back!

Amy O said...

A beautiful butterfly, and I love how it has the single pop of bright color. Good to see you at FMS again this week!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Both are just beautiful! I love the vibrant colors in your masterpiece!

Samra said...

Awww! Both your card and the painting are breathtaking!
The painting is soooo gorgeous!
Have a great weekend Mona.
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Christine said...

Beautiful card and oil painting!

Julia Aston said...

What a pretty layered butterfly with the flower in it's center! Your tuscan painting is wonderful Mona!

Denise van Deventer said...

Your card is super pretty and love the clean design! ;-) The painting is amazing and really love it! You are soooo talented! ;-)

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely card with that cheerful butterfly! Your painting is amazing! Reminds me of time spent in Cyprus...

Jen Timko said...

This is really beautiful! I love the center of the butterfly!! And your painting is breathtaking. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Patty O'Malley said...

Pretty card and butterfly, Mona! The painting is lovely!

Lisa Elton said...

This card, with that sweet layered butterfly, is perfectly charming! Pretty painting too!

Greta said...

Beautiful use of the sketch, Mona! Wow--love your colorful painted scene--gorgeous!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS