thanks and fall pear 16

Mona Pendleton | Sunday, September 17, 2017 @ 2:58 PM | ,

Hi! Today I have a few projects to share. Up first, is a rather clean and simple thank you card that I made for a dear friend. I'm playing along with the Lift Challenge where the challenge is to create a text with alphabet dies or chipboard and partially create a pattern / image with stamps.
I die cut the letters x 2 using dies from my stash, randomly stamped floral images from various PTI stamp sets, adhered the layers together then adhered them to the card from. So simple! I'm looking forward to repeating this technique.
For color inspiration, I'm joining along with the Sunday Stamps challenge where You must use a minimum of 3 colors from the graphic below, plus you may also use a neutral of your choice. 
Up next is an 8" x 10" oil painting featuring a fall pear:
I'm linking my painting to the Paint Party Friday and the 30 in 30 Day 17 sites:
Thanks so much for stopping by ~ stay safe!
Be Sweet ;)
post signature


 Comments

16 Sweet Comments So Far:

Greta said...

Oh wow--that is one gorgeous Fall painting, Mona! Beautiful colors & love your strokes! Such a great example of the technique of decorating letters! Makes me want to do it again! Have a great week!

Marjan said...

A beautiful card you made, Mona. The PTI stamps and colors are perfect. The painting is really good, it reminds me of still life paintings from Dutch painters, well done! Thank you for joining us at the Liftchallenge!

Helen Wallace said...

A glorious Autumn still life Mona and I love your clean and classy card. Such a novel idea to stamp the letters and so effective.

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful stamping on the white letters Mona - and your fruit painting is so wonderfully shaded - just beautiful!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a unique idea to stamp onto your dies like you did. Beautiful work. Your painting is gorgeous. The rich background make you fruit just pop.

Lisa said...

What a creative, beautiful card, Mona!! I love the stamping on the white letters!! It looks amazing!! And wow!! Your painting is stunning!! The colors and dimension are gorgeous!! I love it!! Thinking of you, my friend and sending hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cheryl W. said...

Your card is so clean and fresh. It honestly made me feel light and happy. Love your still life,too. It looks good enough to eat. He he

Patty O'Malley said...

Sweet card, Mona! Your painting is wonderful!

Lisa Elton said...

This is the sweetest CAS card Mona! I like the colors you've used. I also like the colors you've used in your gorgeous painting!

Val-Belle said...

I love your card. Such a fun idea and a cool way to use all the little stamps. Stunning still life too you are amazing with your painting.

Ros Crawford said...

What a super card!! I love the stamping and it's so very eye catching! Wonderful painting once again and such lovely autumnal shades...

Christine L said...

Your card is perfect in it's CAS-ness... definitely less is more in this case.... then your painting Mona... is wonderful!!

Christine x

Susan Lankford said...

Love your Thanks card ... strikingly simple! And your Fall pear looks yummy in authentic Fall colors!

Heidi Baks said...

Very beautiful, Mona! I love the simplicity of this but also the dimensional layer of the letters. So sweet! Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Cornelie said...

What a great and bright lift this card! Thank you for joining us at the Liftchallenge!

Anonymous said...

beautiful painted picture! fantastic!!!
The card ist very nice!
Happy Day Elke


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS